Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Love at first sight      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bamagrl68
Msg: 276
Love at first sightPage 12 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
westcoast-reble- I think I already commented on this thread but if not, I'll go there............
No, I do NOT believe in love at first sight.
I believe in lust at first sight, instant attraction/chemistry, but true love takes time to develop.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Love at first sight
Posted: 3/21/2016 6:42:22 PM
I think there is a recognition instantly. I believe in past lives etc and that we can reconnect because of that. Love takes time to grow but there can be immediate connection which is not all physical. It never happens to some people and so they are cynical about it.
Sometimes it develops and lasts and sometimes it doesnt.
 ScorpVenus1
Msg: 278
Love at first sight
Posted: 4/18/2017 4:29:06 AM
I never used to.

But recently a guy at work nearly floored me with the rush it gave me, Only happened twice in my life and this one i work with. So im hoping it will become more. It would tie up 10 yeras of online dating nicely with a real genuine soul mate connection that i could not find online in 10 years and far too many dates to remember. It exists and if you find it i suggest you try to act on it. As it does not happen often at all.
 Maleman999
Msg: 279
Love at first sight
Posted: 4/18/2017 5:05:26 AM
Can there be love at first sight while in a relationship with someone else? It seems possible, since there appears to be a lot of people who have left there spouse/SO to be with that other person.

But what are the odds of both people having that "love at first sight" spark when setting eyes on each other for the first time? It happens all of the time in romance movies and fairy tales, but not so much in real life. And how do you convey to someone you don't know or barely know that you have fallen madly in love with them, without feeling like a fool if they don't feel the same way?
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 280
Love at first sight
Posted: 4/18/2017 5:56:39 AM
http://elitedaily.com/news/world/research-shows-love-first-sight-exists/1008219/

Research Shows ‘Love At First Sight’ Actually Exists For Some People

Love at first sight is like a fairytale happy ending: Everyone wants it, but only a lucky few experience it. Many (approximately 51 percent of women and 41 percent of men) don't even believe love at first sight is possible; after all, how could a person love another without really knowing that person? Scientists don't know the exact mechanics behind it — love, after all, defies all logic — but they have concluded that it is physically possible to fall in love at first sight. Isn't that romantic?

In a recent survey of 5,000 singles aged 21-70, researchers found that 41 percent of men and 29 percent of females reported having experienced love at first sight. Biological anthropologist Dr. Helen Fisher says men are not only more likely to fall in love at first sight than women are, but they're also likely to fall in love faster than females. She says, Men are so visual. They see a woman who appeals to them physically, and it will trigger the romantic love system faster

Women are custodians of the egg, so they are more careful romantically. Falling in love happens in three steps (or stages): romantic love, sexual desire and feelings of deep attachment. When we reach these three stages, the brain releases large amounts of the hormone dopamine, which, according to Dr. Fisher, “governs wanting, craving, obsessions, focus, energy and motivation.” She notes that a brain in love shows similar activity to the brain of a heroin addict — because being in love is much like being addicted to another person.

These stages can be triggered by unexpected stimuli — like the smell of his cologne — thus creating the feeling that you've suddenly “fallen” in love. When you find that feeling, hold on to it, and put everything you have into it — because true love is the best feeling there is.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Love at first sight
Posted: 4/18/2017 10:32:09 AM
^ You're kinda talking about different things, and mixing them up inconsistently and contradictorily.
 gtomustang
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Love at first sight
Posted: 4/18/2017 1:38:02 PM
is it really love at first sight, or is it love with being in love, at first sight? Someone sees someone else with a beautiful smile and a carefree attitude, and thinks that person is going to make their life all better and have value. Then they get to know the other person, who changes over time as we all do, and then they split up saying, "i fell out of love."

a visual man falling in love with what he sees, is falling in love with the outside package. I suspect the large amounts of chemical the brain is releasing, is after the sex is good enough. in love with the feeling of being in love, I agree would look like an addict's brain. what can go wrong, when they are so certain they are in love and life will be better than it was alone?
 razors_edge55
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Love at first sight
Posted: 4/18/2017 1:55:37 PM
GTO it can be more like ,,lust at first sight ,,, I lived more than a year in Paris and you fell in love 6 or 8 times a day ,,,
I think you can feel love at first sight ,,,but love is a seed that grows ,if it gets the chance and only if she feels the same way ,,,,both people nurturing it
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 284
Love at first sight
Posted: 4/18/2017 2:37:04 PM
I fought loving my current spouse tooth & nail. I didn't want to get hurt again.

Then on Valentines Day last year, he sent me a FREE E-CARD of Grumpy Cat. It said: "I love you because we both hate the same things." It was too cute, too funny & so on point.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 285
Love at first sight
Posted: 4/18/2017 3:18:11 PM

Men are so visual. They see a woman who appeals to them physically, and it will trigger the romantic love system faster

Actually, I think it just triggers the romantic "lust" system faster.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Love at first sight
Posted: 4/18/2017 4:35:07 PM
I wouldn't call it "love at first sight", but there was definitely something goin' on with my eyes, the second I laid eyes on BF when we met face to face for the first time. I walked into an Applebees, I spotted him, he spotted me, he stood, stepped forward and I laid my hands on his shoulders, and kissed him.................on his lips. He didn't hesitate for a second in response.
Don't need to call it anything, but ................"Just right".
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Love at first sight
Posted: 4/18/2017 5:03:36 PM
ladyinred

wow!!! that was a reconnecting of souls from the past..... in my opinion. I fell in love with a guy that just crossed the dance floor in front of me. Not my type at all, short and as it turned out in a relationship which caused angst and ultimate separation but... never forgotten.

as for men being very visual, women are too but strong attraction is more than that..
 Cynderella
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Love at first sight
Posted: 4/18/2017 5:04:35 PM
I believe there is but rare.
I feel love is like art at first chaos then something beautiful appears.
 Maleman999
Msg: 289
Love at first sight
Posted: 4/18/2017 5:16:55 PM
I wonder what the break-up rate is when comparing love-at-first-sighters and love at 30th or 40th date. It's fine and dandy to have love at first sight, but that's just the beginning of the game. The have to still be compatible and be on the same page in other aspects of life-especially if the love at first sight is with someone who is still pretty much a stranger.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 290
Love at first sight
Posted: 4/18/2017 5:32:29 PM
Certain I loved my husband first sight.
And I agree.. it is like you knew each other " before"
 cooldog65
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Love at first sight
Posted: 4/18/2017 7:41:46 PM
I believe in lust at first sight...
 Chambella_
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Love at first sight
Posted: 4/18/2017 9:19:50 PM
yes I also believe in LUST at first sight....maybe never to be "Love"
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Love at first sight
Posted: 4/19/2017 5:26:27 PM

Certain I loved my husband first sight.
And I agree.. it is like you knew each other " before"

Yeah, but I think that's retroactive. That's IF things work out, and looking back -- where the ga-ga feelings about them ended up following thru just as you imagined/felt. It's cute and all, but really, it wasn't of course actual Love at first sight. A crush at first sight, more like it -- that thankfully followed-thru.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Love at first sight
Posted: 4/19/2017 6:01:28 PM
razors edge55

You are right. You feel a connection at first sight but it cant really be love which is something that grows and
stands the test of time.
 p123a
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Love at first sight
Posted: 5/16/2017 2:20:26 PM
Coup de foudre? Yes it exists. May not be mutual, may be only platonic. May be short or long. May make us happy or miserable. So many variations and possibilities.
 Maleman999
Msg: 296
Love at first sight
Posted: 5/16/2017 3:01:26 PM
Can a person have love at first sight with someone they don't consider physically attractive-guys who are too short, too obese, not good looking, etc? If not, then it's lust at first sight.
 gtomustang
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Love at first sight
Posted: 5/17/2017 11:50:01 AM
I don't think it was love at first sight, more like "i'd love to see how that feels" at first site, but I've known plenty of men who've noticed a sexually-confident woman with a pretty face and nice cleavage and otherwise a figure they may not have first put on their list of attractiveness, and comment, "man, there is just something about her, I don't know what it is."

"it", is the knowledge she won't be a tease, a gold digger, a "dinner thief" or any other terrible type of woman who sends boys running in fear. She's the type of woman who's as interested in sex as he is. it may not be love, but it sure is a feeling down below his brainbox that isn't rational.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Love at first sight
Posted: 5/17/2017 12:21:49 PM

Coup de foudre? Yes it exists. May not be mutual, may be only platonic. May be short or long. May make us happy or miserable. So many variations and possibilities.

Well, if it's only platonic it's not love, in the context of love at first sight. If it's too "short" -- then it's likely not true love either. I would say if it's knowingly one-way (thus potentially miserable?) -- an argument can be made that it's not true love, but (merely) a taste of key strong elements of true love. In the end, no, I don't believe in actual true Love at literally First sight. I think that'd be ridiculous in the literal sense, but more poetic -- like one having way-too-soon strong feelings for them hastily, riding off just their look.

Can a person have love at first sight with someone they don't consider physically attractive-guys who are too short, too obese, not good looking, etc? If not, then it's lust at first sight.

Well, first Sight means not second sight, right? So them walking across the room -- freeze frame... you're "in love", if it's love-at-first-sight. So it has to be about physical attraction. It's not "Love at the end of a lengthy 1st encounter, meeting, or date." :)

I've known plenty of men who've noticed a sexually-confident woman with a pretty face and nice cleavage and otherwise a figure they may not have first put on their list of attractiveness, and comment, "man, there is just something about her, I don't know what it is."

One of the interesting things I've noticed over the years -- internally and much observation 2nd-hand -- is that physical attraction bleeds into the whole "thing". Physical attraction isn't a mere linear scale of 1-10, although a general raw attraction is set there -- but certain looks & attribute combos draw us in. Bob may love a gal with red hair, where the gal's other attributes will have lots of leeway in his mind. Jim likes another gal who's pretty but not gorgeous, but he is So drawn to her like she is -- it's "more than that". Yeah, she looks like his ex-gf, and her facial expressions and the way she carries herself (which is still: looks, looks, looks) resonates with that. Or maybe an actress on TV where one gets to know her (TV) personality. Attributes outside looks can be associated with looks -- even though you don't know those other attributes (yet).
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 299
view profile
History
Love at first sight
Posted: 5/17/2017 3:57:29 PM
Must have been some really good pot
 gtomustang
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Love at first sight
Posted: 5/19/2017 1:52:48 PM
"Physical attraction isn't a mere linear scale of 1-10, although a general raw attraction is set there "

>>>perhaps when we are young and don't know a lot about sex, we focus on a general appearance template--what's the bust to waist ratio, does she have big eyes, etc. But as we get older, the "connoissers" amongst us might realize that "What she has" can be eclipsed by "What can she do with it". We may see, for example, a man or a woman move their hips well on the dance floor, and make assumptions about how they dance horizontally. Or recognize someone may be an energetic lover, or a sensual one, or a creative one, or a spontaneous one, or can make US feel desired, and worry less about how they're going to look naked and laying statically in bed.

a 2 dimension centerfold of a naked woman might not do as much for us, but if she has a certain smile on her face or is posed in a position with certain backgrounds, we might take all that and think up a fantasy that really turns us on. We might be able to imagine her being very spontaneous. Or willing to seduce us rather than us work hard to seduce her. sometimes it may not be, "Wow, she's a 1o and she wants me?", it may be "wow, this bartender meets so many guys in a week she can choose from...and she wants me?"

sometimes we may not love or lust after the person, but the scenario.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Love at first sight