Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What would make you stay in a bad relationship      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 catchmeifucan
Msg: 13
What would make you stay in a bad relationshipPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hey guys, thanks for all the interest in the thread, am honored.
Compromising is really very hard for those who do it, you might just blow up one time. Practically that means that you are a saint, coz you will have dedicated your life for others (your kids) Dunno though God would give you the title What about if you just keep in and get see someone on the side? doubt if your partner will even notice coz at that time the two of you don't give a sh*t what the other does
 catchmeifucan
Msg: 14
What would make you stay in a bad relationship
Posted: 11/24/2004 9:15:07 PM
Contrary to conventional belief,
Kids from a very tender age notice if their are rough shoulders between their parents, at the end of the day they keep worrying abou the break up and can end up being very difficult to the parent that they think is causing all this trouble. When you get out of it, sometimes it helps, they may get hurt but then with time as you explain it, they understand, infact you are in better position to even have quality time with them when you yourself are relaxed and settled. I think that going out isn't such a bad idea, not very useful dying inside for years
 catchmeifucan
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/24/2004 9:20:48 PM
thanks vivi, hard to get such a compliment from a fellow man , hope am not taken advantage of coz i might just be in the category of the nice guys
 catchmeifucan
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/24/2004 10:07:44 PM
I hear you vividdingo, thanks
 catchmeifucan
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/25/2004 6:20:21 AM
That is very true, you wake up one day and the bright years have passed you by. I think their are better ways to survive than just to hang on onto a bad relationship for finances. May be am just talking without experience.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 18
i'm surprised no one has posted a reply to this..
Posted: 5/4/2005 10:17:50 AM
being chained and or drugged up I guess would be the ONLY way I would rationally stay.It can take a while to see that a bad or unhealthy relationship is bad or not getting better.Sometimes its the prospect of change that makes people stay a little longer than they should.
 Melodic Euphoria
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/4/2005 7:09:19 PM
If I got into a bad relationship AND had his kids, then for the needs and safety of others, esp. my children.
 batgirl
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/2/2005 9:50:11 AM
My former best friend is in an abusive, drug addicted relationship, and the only thing I can figure out as to why she's still in it (or rather in it again, as they broke up and then got back together) is that she doesn't want to be alone.

Personally, I couldn't do that... technically I've been alone since August and it doesn't bother me so much as I'd attach myself to the next guy that asked me out.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What would make you stay in a bad relationship