Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hopeneverdissapoints
Msg: 45
view profile
History
When do finances signal a red flag?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Run.

Far away... Very quickly...

Run, do not walk, to the exit. Get a GREAT attorney and get the HELL out now...

That's my advice.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 46
When do finances signal a red flag?
Posted: 6/6/2012 2:23:55 PM

I had a situation with a guy I dated for almost a year. He lived at home with mommy and daddy rent free and mooched off of them. He borrowed money for his car and schooling from them. He borrowed money from me as well and has yet to pay me back. In my eyes a man of almost 37 should be more responsible

Given the description above; buddy should be looooooaded, not just responsible.

Sheeesh

I'm jealous!
 NYCmasterplumber
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/6/2012 2:41:01 PM
One of my accounts is a doctor and this cheap low life son of a **** asked me to snake out his wife's shower

I removed pieces of wire and and part of an old snake. I explained the drain pipe had to be replaced (this was over 3 years ago!!!) He said forget about it as he and the kids take baths. The Dr said "Oh I thought I could clear it myself"

I said lets make deal I wont do medical stuff of then GYN and you don't do any plumbing other then urology

Two weeks ago I was do an alteration installing new bathrooms in a home a few doors down from the doctors house.

The doctors wife was walking her dog and started a conversation and I asked her who ended up doing the shower repairs?

She said no one he told her that is she doesn't like taking baths she should shower at the YMCA about a half mile away

Then she said she goes there TWICE A DAY morning and evening to shower even in the dead of winter.

I do not know who is more of a nut case herv taking this kind of abuse or him being so inconsiderate .

I told her "he will have to get it fixed if he ever expects to sell the house for top dollar

He paid 2.7 million for this home

Now that "spread the wealth" has taken full effect many of my accounts are losing their homes (foreclosure) and the marriages are on the rocks .

whether your rich or poor it is nice to have money and very few relationships can survive during a depression
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2012 3:26:57 PM

My gold-digger ticker is going off in 5...4...3...2...1...

Thats your tin-digger ticker @ 2500.00 rush
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2012 10:43:41 PM
When your SO cannot go to a movie, dinner and owes a lot of money to creditors and when you are living paycheck to paycheck.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/7/2012 8:19:42 AM
Owing $2,500? That's FAR from being any kind of red flag, unless the debt is from something really irresponsible and will be an ongoing problem.

Try going to college. The average college graduate in their early 20s is over $100k in debt.

Don't worry about how much the debt is, that's honestly none of your business. Worry about WHY the debt exists.

If someone went to college or job training, they're going to have a debt, but that's different from being in debt because you lost a lot of money betting on the dog fights that you go to every week...
 joe_226
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2012 9:47:06 AM
SweetCyn2011,
If someone has to hold a certain "financial status" in order to be considered an acceptable mate, I'm not gonna say anything further...except...that's down-right SORRY !!!
However, if someone's "financial status" is due to their own inabilities (not holding down a job, frivilous spending,etc.), that's a TOTAL different story and, in my opinion, SHOULD be a "red flag".
 TheReason_
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2012 11:55:45 AM
Choose someone in a similar income bracket. Everyone wants to marry-up, I would prefer to be with someone in a similar situation. I wouldn't have much in common with a millionaire, so someone in a similar situation to mine would be perfect.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >