Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is there anything with wanting to see someone everyday?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rexrugsnrocknroll
Msg: 26
Is there anything with wanting to see someone everyday?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
i used to want to see my gfs everyday but since they didnt like it, i changed.
 Deleted1a2b3c4d5e
Msg: 27
Is there anything with wanting to see someone everyday?
Posted: 6/7/2012 7:50:56 AM

My question I guess is this.....is it best to ask a guy what he likes in a relationship? Or just wait and let him be the one to ask to see me?

I don't think it's unusual for a person, in a long term committed relationship, to want contact with their partner on a daily basis.

Thought given your description of the issue over time ( three years) and across multiple partners, that the common denominator is unfortunately you.

Often I find people who struggle with things like codependency issues and "crowding" others generally have a poor sense of emotionally healthy "boundaries" Often, no offense to people, people learn their boundaries from their parents, and if their parents had poor or non existent boundaries, then often the children grow up to be adults who struggle with the issue.

My suggestion would be to visit your local library or bookstore and find some well rated books on the topic and give them a read and take some time and see if there are strategies and thoughts that apply to you. I think the prospect of change for many is a bit terrifying, to be honest, but consider that investing in your emotional health now will open up potential opportunities for you down the road. And if not, that's ok too. Just try to help yourself be the very best person you can be, not the best person to date so men don't react in a way you don't want. Men will come and go in your life, but you will always have to deal with you.

You are asking how to be a better girlfriend, I'm saying take the time to be the best version of you that you can be, irregardless of the dating issue, and I think you'll find many of your other concerns will naturally find closure for you.

Good luck.
 Capn_America
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/7/2012 7:59:34 AM

HELL no. If I don't get at least ONE day of "me" time every week, I'll probably resort to murder, plunder, rape, suicide or some other nasty thing...LOL!
I couldnt see a girl every day, no matter how much I love her. Tried it in the past, and I tend to become a lil bit on edge. And trying to suggest to her "to go do some of her own stuff tonight" which tends into the "you dont love me anymore?" subject, or the "your cheating on me" subject, neither of which are true.
 joe_226
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2012 10:09:56 AM
Hun,
Communication is the #1 key to ANY relationship. Therefore, if I may suggest, let your significant other know how you feel and go from there. He will either love the idea of having your company or let you know of his personal "boundaries".
 jadegreen
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2012 10:32:29 AM
I guess ultimately that's the difference between people that seek "relationships" versus "dating"......People that seek a relationship do want to see someone often.....I was in a relationship a year ago that I had a terrible time adjusting to someone that wanted to spend a lot of time together, but I had a talk with him and told him I did often need my time alone, but that didn't mean I didn't like him....but we did manage to balance things out eventually
 nightowl2004
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/8/2012 5:02:19 PM
Everyday for 10 min. is okay with me. lol..........
 beneboo
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/14/2012 12:21:09 PM
If I am really into the guy (i.e. in a relationship), then I would like to see him everyday but I know that it's easier to get complacent that way. If we're just dating, then no, I could care less about seeing the person everyday. Most people that I was just dating in the past I wasn't into that much anyway, but my actual boyfriend, yes, I would like to see him everyday :)
 FairlyAlright
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/14/2012 12:29:55 PM
I'm good with once or twice a week to actually see someone, because I like to go out and do stuff when I'm with that person, and you just can't go out to dinner, or to a bar, or even just hang out, every single day. How would you get your shopping done? Do your laundry?

Do you really want to exercise with a hang-over? :-)

You also run the risk of the relationship becoming dull and run-of-the mill. I would rather have slightly too little in-person contact and maintain that sense of energetic anticipation, than too much.

That said, I'm perfectly happy to be in daily contact, by text/phone/email, looking forward to the next time we can be together.
 Love.Notes
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/14/2012 12:34:58 PM
Every day ? Way to much for me.

Just my thouhts
 Choporis
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/14/2012 12:44:20 PM

My question I guess is this.....is it best to ask a guy what he likes in a relationship? Or just wait and let him be the one to ask to see me?

To OP,
We think alike! I would like to see my date everyday too.

Speaking from experience, it's best to not appear "clingy" at the beginning of a relationship; save the texting/calls/meet up everyday AFTER a relationship has developed.

But definitely let your date know about your expectations. :)
 ChocoMamicita123
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/14/2012 12:46:02 PM
I guess different strokes for different folks nothing wrong with that but it may be wrong with the wrong person. For me personally I need my space I dont want to see someone everyday I would be annoyed by that time someone in my face everyday? ugh! when I am dating I believe 3 times a week is fine who know maybe I havent met the right person yet but hell no everyday is way too much
 OutMind
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/14/2012 1:12:50 PM
It's all about timing. If I start a relationship with what seems to be a great lady but right off the bat she wants to see me everyday, and be at my place, or wants me to be at her place all the time, I don't think it's going to work. Most of those relationships tend to crash and burn very quickly. I prefer to take the time to grow the relationship, grow the feelings, to so if at some point you move together or see each other more than three times a week, it feels natural and part of that progression.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/14/2012 1:39:16 PM
If I like someone enough, I will want to see them daily, however it takes me time to 'get there'. While Im contemplating things I do like some alone time, so I can keep my head on straight and not get soooo caught up that I find myself blind to issues....but once I have decided I like you, I will want daily contact, either in person or by other means.

There really is no wrong or right in these matters, all that counts is that the 2 involved, agree.

My issue in past relationships...was I was too slow to grow into wanting daily contact and they got fed up. At the time I was worried I would never find myself in synch with anyone again...but that was not the case. Im seeing someone currently who 'gets me' and what I need right now. You will too.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 1:49:32 PM
Seeing someone every day? Well, does it have to be the same person, or can it be someone different some days?

Once I'm IN a relationship for the long-term, I usually want to see THAT person every day - heck, I probably want to LIVE with them.

However, in the first few months of dating - at least, and probably for considerably longer - some time apart each week is good for perspective, to think things over, and to see how much you actually miss them not being around. It can help you appreciate each other more when you are together, or let you see their good points and inevitable flaws compared to your own wants and needs.
 wk14502
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/14/2012 2:07:49 PM
Once a week maybe to little but once a day will depend on the two people involved.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/14/2012 2:45:49 PM
OP, It's always best to ask questions in my opinion,,and I agree with you spending time with someone you like is not a bad thing,, as well as be absent to do your own thing,, yet I am of the belief, I'd rather spend time with the woman i love than spend it else where,,my girl feels the same way,,there are some who might call that too needy,, in some cases I would agree,, but who am I to judge that as I don't know them..

Men and Women are so different, as well as each sex is so different from each other,,but I do understand your point,, and I think it might me this,, alone time is nice, yes,, but,, If on Friday i choose to stop in a bar and see a few friends,, the first thing I am going to do is call my girl and say,, hey babe,, do you wanna hang with my friends and me tonight,, because I would rather be with you,, as my friends are a bonus, my girl I love..and if she says no.. I'd say,, ok,, 2 -4 beers and i''ll see ya in a hour or so,,( assuming or asking if she made plans for us that I wasn't aware of yet, as she knows i'm up for anything when i get home)

You just have to find the guy that works for you,, never think about changing anyone,, it's never a win win..

Good Luck,,
 mingo88
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 6:45:35 PM
It sounds kind of needy to me. But then I'm the kind of person who tends to get sick of someone if I see them too often. I think if you want to see them every day eventually you might consider moving in together.
 1964armymom
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 6:58:00 PM

ForRumOnly - seeing someone every day? Well, does it have to be the same person, or can it be someone different some days?
Once I'm IN a relationship for the long-term, I usually want to see THAT person every day - heck, I probably want to LIVE with them.
However, in the first few months of dating - at least, and probably for considerably longer - some time apart each week is good for perspective, to think things over, and to see how much you actually miss them not being around. It can help you appreciate each other more when you are together, or let you see their good points and inevitable flaws compared to your own wants and needs.

Exactly! When I first meet/start dating someone, I don't want them with me every minute. I want to have time to think things over. As a real relationship develops, then the time together/shared should grow until eventually it is an all the time togetherness.
Seems like many men I have met are the opposite. The get all giddy with the new excitement in their life - and are overwhelming. :/

Everyone is different and just need to make our needs/desires clear to the person we are seeing.
 mingo88
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 7:01:28 PM
If I'm not that into a guy, I could care less about spending most of my spare time with them... However if I am into the guy, then yes! Every day! :)

Umm...if you're not into a guy, why are you even with him? Why waste your time? That doesn't even make sense.
 FairOaksChick
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/14/2012 7:05:38 PM
I prefer OFTEN if not daily. Unfortunately, the guys I have met are at least one hour away. I am becoming not happy.
 notawriter
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/14/2012 7:11:02 PM
Tell him on the phone you want to see him every day. Then see him every day.
 shy2anne
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/14/2012 7:18:30 PM
i suggest that it's best you let a potential partner know what you like and expect.
i wouldn't expect to see someone every day at this point in my life, unless i lived with him.
i remember wanting and expecting and actually seeing my boyfriend everyday when i was a teenager. i think as we grow older, have more responsibilities, like jobs, meetings, maybe children, friends, our homes ..it might not be as easy to get together with someone every day.
no harm in putting it out there, if that is what you need.
otherwise, it might create tension. you have expectations and the guy doesn't know
WHAT is going on!
 grove_22
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/14/2012 7:20:35 PM
I think in most cases it wouldn't be feasible to see someone everyday because of schedule, location etc. Unless you lived with the other person.
 Indysweetpea2001_
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/14/2012 7:20:37 PM
The only way i would want to see someone everyday is if we lived together.
 notawriter
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/14/2012 7:25:03 PM
Look, there are no rules to this. If you want to see your man every day, that is as proper as any of these 'dating rule books' schedules.

F'king see him every day. Or, hour. It is OK! Why are you even asking this?!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is there anything with wanting to see someone everyday?