Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is there anything with wanting to see someone everyday?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Janet_Always
Msg: 51
Is there anything with wanting to see someone everyday?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
It takes a few months to feel comfortable enough to be with someone that often, but once you're in that love relationship, YES, every day is great.

I enjoy living with my SO because we do have this frequency... every morning and every evening we have time together, plus sleeping together. Weekends we both come and go doing errands and things, but there is always that return to home base and each other.

This is ideal for me, but I know there are many that wouldn't want that. And there have been other men I would have felt smothered with... so having the right compatibility is real important.
 OldSpice48
Msg: 52
Is there anything with wanting to see someone everyday?
Posted: 8/14/2012 8:57:35 PM
When you say having bad luck because of your emotions... that makes me think you may get upset when your partner can't see you every day, & that puts further stress on him. Are you emotional about all things in general, & need your boyfriend to be there for you or support you emotionally through everyday life? Have you checked with a doctor to see if you maybe suffer from clinical depression or anxiety? It's nice that you're sensitive & in touch with your emotions, & obviously enjoy time with your partner, but when those things start to cause you problems in your life, it may be time to talk it over with your doctor. Seriously.

It also makes me think that perhaps you are socially isolated, & don't have many friends, or pursuits you enjoy on your own. Those are necessary things for balanced mental health, & would go a long way to giving your partner some breathing space & time to enjoy his own friends & hobbies.

I'd like to see your reponse to this, posted here.
 bmore_goat
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 10:36:21 PM
Nothing wrong with it.
However, I see you have children too.
Does that mean the man in your life have to spend everyday with them too?
That is a lot to ask someone that is just getting to know you and to wanting to get to know other people on a near daily basis.

But I've been having bad luck with relationships for the last three years because of me wanting to see someone everyday and my emotions. I'm a really emotional person.

You sound like a lot of hard work and not someone a guy can relax around. If you want someone to want to be around you on a daily basis, they need to be able chill out and have downtime WITH you.
I get the impression you will need a alpha male that is charge and has to be on his game full time to keep up with you. Tall order for a man close to your age.
 trvlngman
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/14/2012 10:55:27 PM
Nothing wrong with it at all. Belive it or not some guys like to see there girl everyday to
some call this behaviour clingy. I prefer to think of it as loyalty. Different strokes for different folks i geuss.
still i know when im in love i hate being apart from them
 AnAustralianWoman
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/16/2012 8:21:50 AM
Wow I had a boyfriend like that once. Had to see me everyday. When I explained I needed space the whinging began....."Don't you love me? Don't you want to see me? If two people love each other then of course they want to see as much of each other as they can".....These word's come to mind.....Clingy, Selfish, Self centred, Desperate, Bored and Insecure.
OP you need to find an interest away from any current b/f. Most of all you need to stop making a relationship All about you
 tampasmiles
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/16/2012 8:43:27 AM
There is nothing wrong with wanting to see someone everyday...but you would need to be in a ltr that has progressed to that point....you can't microwave a relationship....you have to put the time into the relationship to get to that point..if a relationship starts out like that...you have to wonder why the person doesn't have a life...when you get to the point of seeing someone everyday they have to have been weaved carefully into your day to day routine...it's a long process. In the beginning, if you are wanting to see someone everyday it is usually just lust and that will pass.
 AddHomonym
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/16/2012 8:47:49 AM
I think there are some fundamental problems with the question. A relationship is never about one person's needs and wants...ever.

You have to be willing to compromise, to give and take equally - that is what makes it a relationship. I don't think the OP gets this and the string of failed attempts only reinforces this idea.

Take your cues from the person you are interested in. Listen, discuss things, be honest with each other. Sometimes we might need to give them more and other times, less than we might like. Ignoring the other person's needs leads to loneliness. When you have two people who aren't just in it for themselves, you have the makings for something lasting.
 infennario
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/16/2012 9:29:29 AM
OP:

is it best to ask a guy what he likes in a relationship? Or just wait and let him be the one to ask to see me?

I think its best to ask at the beginning about anything that is important to you or that you’ve had negative experiences with. You are a togetherness person and you will match best with another togetherness person. There is no right or wrong on the issue, just different relationship styles and needs.

I get along MUCH better with men who don’t want to see each other every day and I’ve felt suffocated by men who want to be together every day before marriage or living together (men with that style have also wanted the relationship to move faster than I have- wanting to live together after a couple of months, wanting to get married within a year, etc.). No right or wrong there- just different views of relationship and different needs.
 abmccray
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2012 11:05:09 AM

It also makes me think that perhaps you are socially isolated, & don't have many friends, or pursuits you enjoy on your own.

This is almost always the case, really. People with empty lives that need something to fill it.

Relationships are a bonus, not the main goal. Your life should pretty much already be "full" by the time you're in a relationship, then you just make room for the relationship.
 Shanillion
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/17/2012 12:42:17 AM
I think keeping away from one another is a good thing...Not excessively mind you.... Im not talking about ignoring one another... but I think that it makes the time you do spend together that much more enjoyable.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/17/2012 5:19:48 AM
There's probably nothing wrong with wanting to see someone every day if you find somebody who wants the same thing. Let me rephrase that... neither one of you would think there's anything wrong with it because you'd both be equally needy and co-dependent. It becomes a huge big deal if they're on a different page though, and as your experience has shown, that shite scares most people away. It comes across as clingy and high maintenance. As I'm dating and getting to know someone, I only want to see them when it makes sense to do that, as we both have time and agree to share some of it with each other. I don't want to be responsible for their emotional well-being 24/7 or *ever*, because I presume they're independent adults capable of ensuring their own idea of what it means to be more or less content every day. If I wanted to see someone every single day, I'd adopt a kitten so it could pee in the laundry room and crawl up my legs every 10 minutes to suck out my breath, cloyingly. Eesh.

bad luck with relationships for the last three years because of me wanting to see someone everyday and my emotions.

Don't you think it would be more efficacious to get that stuff under control rather than running around looking for someone to agree with you? Meh I guess not.
 abmccray
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2012 5:42:44 AM
Well, let's look at the OP's interests:

holding hands cuddling affection
flea markets yard sales camping
traveling shopping photography
kissing

So, out of that, only one thing can really be defined as normally being a completely solo activity (ie. what you do alone with no one else around); photography. And looking at the OP's photo choices, she probably doesn't really have an in depth, artistic interest in photography. She also lives in a relatively rural area.

So, it basically all lines up. A pretty boring life as far as "solo things to do"; she's trying to fill that boredom with another person that she can have to herself around. I've run into the same types of people before when dating people from mid-Michigan; they don't have much to do all day, so they don't understand why you wouldn't want to be around them all of the time. It's a codependency created from a lack of activity.

Even with relatively sparse areas, there's plenty to do solo, though. What about writing, working on music, drawing, painting, running, cross fitness training, artistic photography, etc.? Why is "reading" not an interest? Working 8 hours a day and working out twice a day, I barely have any time for any of that stuff that I love to do, which sucks; I could only personally wish I had the "down time" some people have to pursue my artistic interests further. Yet, they want to be jammed up with someone else during that time? Ugh.
 drewcornwall
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2012 7:01:38 AM
Love is - "When you both can`nt stand being apart, just be toghther"

I just call it, a butterfly event! I think many of us has been down that road.

In a new relationship, unless its an instant love at first sight moment, take your time, both of you might "phase" if not, we are just all ships passing in the night.

x
 AnnB72
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/17/2012 4:59:18 PM
I agree with Abelian (page 1).
 Spence56
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/17/2012 7:12:08 PM
I don't think this is terribly confusing. The reality is that when a relationship matures into a loving boyfriend/girlfriend/significant other kind of relationship, then they do usually want to spend a lot of time together. Usually moving towards the possibility of a permanent monogamous relationship with that person. Then it will be quite normal to see each other every day.

My guess is that you made a decision to like someone like a significant other earlier than the other person has. They are not ready for that and might never be if that's not what they want. When two people want to be together they can learn to enjoy and know each other. If someone is just out playing or looking for a quick hookup, they are usually not even considering a meaningful, permanent relationship.

It's hard to find someone that likes you in the same way you like them. It's almost always one sided. But when it's good, it's very good. Give yourself some credit and just realize that a beautiful woman like yourself, if patient, will find just exactly what you want. Remember, "...it's a shame to belong to someone else, when the right one comes along..." :-)

Well, that's what I think anyway.....
 whatagirlwants12
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/17/2012 7:30:06 PM
Yes....I have a life and too much too soon freaks me out...I need time to miss them and them to miss me:)
 bikeman1467
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2012 11:18:48 PM
There's nothing wrong with wanting to see someone every day if all aspects, emotional intellectual spirtual physical, are concurrently developed. Personally I wouldn't feel like wanting to see someone "everyday" until all four aspects of a relationship are developed, not just one or two. Lots of people have relationship expections that they don't effectively communicate with their partner, then when they are not fulfilled you get a "oh woe is me" moaning.

If you work on your relationship, everything falls naturally into place. If you don't, you don't really have a relationship leg to stand on.
 drewcornwall
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 6:07:42 AM
"Take a picture :P" awesome!, could`nt put that better my self.

Do you know what makes us strangers?... Distance
 mary125842011
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/19/2012 12:56:50 PM
i have been with my boyfriend for almost a year and we have only seen each other 4 times in that time frame. it sucks but i do love him i honestly dont know what to do
 DameWrite
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2012 1:21:10 PM
If they really like you they will want to see you as much as they can. As much as "they" think they can.

This might not be about you, schedules and situations can interfere as well as not all are the everyday type.

Ask them.

Sometimes "needing" to see someone everyday is not a good thing either, maybe those type are uncomfortable being alone.

Know yourself and what you want and then YOU can decide if what is being offered is what will make you happy.
 Maleman999
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/19/2012 1:59:57 PM
Why is it people have no problem with a parent wanting to see their kids every day or people seeing their pet everyday, but couldn't tolerate seeing a love interest/partner every day?
 DameWrite
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2012 2:24:28 PM
^^^maleman ^^^

I think that people who can't handle seeing their love interest everyday either have issues with themselves (or their life) that they'd rather not divulge or change OR they have unresolved issues with their S/O that they are afraid to state. (which brings us back to issues with themselves).
Not sharing these concerns means they don't trust, (themselves or the other) and aren't ready to commit for whatever reason.

Then again they might believe that it is better to have SOME separation for the good of the relationship, (like to bring "new" into it, or to advance themselves without someone else's input).
 notdating-forumsonly
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/19/2012 2:28:24 PM

Seems like here lately tho, all the guys I meet don't want that and I guess its been scaring them off.

Or maybe they don't really want a relationship.

is it best to ask a guy what he likes in a relationship?

I think I'd use that as a way to determine if you're in a relationship. If you're in a relationship, you don't need to ask if it's ok to drop by.

You just need to find someone who wants the same kind of relationship you do
 saturdayotter
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/20/2012 12:25:32 PM
Of coarse not. though there is a difference in wanting or needing to see someone everyday. If I was dating someone, I would want to see them everyday. I do not need to see them everyday. I have things I need to do as I am sure she does. This is not smothering. Discuss with your partner your needs and wants. If they don't want to see you because they don't feel like it, don't see them at all. If it were me, I would want to see her everyday and discuss our wants and needs. Don't settle for any less.
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2014 4:10:45 PM
I consider myself to be a very flexible man, when it comes to accommodating a s/o's needs/wants
however,
I cannot and would not accommodate seeing a woman everyday. In all honesty, twice a week (the weekends) are good enough for me.

I remember asking 2 female acquaintances (who are in their mid-30's), "How often would you want to see a guy you are in a relationship with?" Both of them said, "Everyday".

Once again, I'm in the minority.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is there anything with wanting to see someone everyday?