Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > angry profiles..would you date them?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cityfangels35
Msg: 51
angry profiles..would you date them?Page 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
well this is a free online so called dating site . but i am to begain to think . most peopel on here are not looking for long term . i been on here on and off for yrs now and see the same guys on here and alot of them are angry . . and i even get pissed off .because sometimes i run into liars , or on here in the middle of the night lik e myself right now . but they would say i am only interested in you . and here they would be on 24 /7 . i get nut cases stalked me three time . one guy had anger issues . i look pissed off in my picture . because i cant smile right in pictures. the list goes on . i keep hoping someday some guy of here prove me wrong .you cant judge the book by its cover . you have to get to know someone first before you wrtie them off . if in person they are still pissed off at you or go nutty . then drop them
 TheMadgod
Msg: 52
angry profiles..would you date them?
Posted: 8/1/2012 2:49:13 AM

"No liars or cheats need apply" really works? I do understand

I have always found this phrase quite amusing, as if cheaters and liars actually broadcast their shady intentions.

As far as angry profiles go, if I read one which intrigued me to the point I must contact her me personally I would roll the dice and see what her story is. No matter what, a woman is going to reveal only what she wants a man to know at that particular time regardless of whether or not he asks--I'll play along, it costs me nothing to contact her and I'll determine very quickly if the situation is worth further investigation or no
 ezlivin313
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2012 4:37:55 PM
Best thing to do is try to talk to them... kill them with kindness, even if they dont reply lol
 highroad9999
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/1/2012 9:12:15 PM
"mine is angry and sarcastic and "woe is me"...should i just lie at first and then let them find out how damaged i am later on once we have become involved??? its not like most of us are eating butterflies and crapping out rainbows."

Ok, this was just plain funny!
 FisherMane2012
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/2/2012 11:37:41 AM
I like to send them messages like:
"Hi, I was about to send you an email and a picture of my balls, but then I noticed that that you don't want an messages from cheaters and liars, or unsolicited pictures of male genitalia. I was just going to lie about being a liar and message you anyway, but after reading your profile I decided to recant my lying, philandering ways and delete my previously prepared message. You're welcome."
 Happy Dude 63
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/3/2012 1:00:12 PM
^^^^^ I agree!

When you list what agitates you, you have also listed what you are vulnerable to.

Ultimately every one is doing this POF thing their way. I think those who write some what harsh profiles are venting
against previous issues and some who have really mean profile are still stuck in these issues.

Some people just dont realize what they are writing has a negative effect on the majority of potential good dates.

And even a bigger effect on the one who is still carrying around stress from the past.
 nottyelle
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/6/2012 3:06:40 AM
It is interesting to talk to people and this forum gives people an opportunity to correspond without having to actually face someone. It takes all kinds to make our world go around. Some people may have gotten used to being hurt and have built up defenses, sometimes its attitude, sometimes it physical. They may work out and build up their muscles, they my eat and gain pounds of fat, both ways of keeping people distant from the "real you". Emotional distance is another way of getting hurt, refusing to allow feelings to enter into relationships because other relationships havent worked out and caused pain. An angry profile tells you that the person has been hurt and believes they have been "dumped on" all their lives. Real or imagined, you have to work very hard to overcome those issues and most of the time it is just a lost cause. These people are frustrated and may "play nice" for a short while, but it doesnt take long for the underlying problems to come out. Anger doesnt scare me, violence does.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2012 8:11:11 AM
I went on and reversed my search to see what these women are saying on some of the profiles. I was dumbfounded. I can't beleive folks would say such things in an effort to find a date. Pushy, rude, sensual pic then state not a booty call... its insane. Guys I do feel for you, but at least you know who you DON"T want to call ... lol

For the woman's side, its a little different. Guys that have been hurt are very angry, but I think its more of a protection thing for their heart.

To me if you have to put these things on your profile, you really aren't ready to date. In life you don't make all the rules, you have to be able to compromise and get along with folks. Some of the things I read on here tell me these people don't like themselves, much less anyone else, but they hate being alone. When you are alone you have to deal with those things you fear. Yet if you did, you could move past them, and find that which you are truly looking for.
 SAGOFTHEDAY
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/6/2012 11:46:46 AM
I haven't come across many angry profiles, as much as women who are either venting or COMPLAINING. I see a lot of COMPLAINING.

Some women I've gingerly inquired as to why they wrote what they wrote - and that is mostly to "weed out" certain types. And surprisingly enough, most have said they have met nice men on POF, exponentially more than the baddies.

My own profile is written to ward off certain types, and of the ones whom I've met, they've been very nice...although admittedly it might be intimidating to some, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.
 vanityfair55
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/14/2012 5:47:33 PM
I hate that!!Just was had that happen.
 oskiesmom
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2012 5:26:06 PM
Negative profiles are a turn off to me. I LOL at the negative ones which bash online dating sites and here they are-looking for a date! :)
 mjseek
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/1/2012 6:00:20 PM

"If you're just here for sex move on or games or drama...... blah, blah"

These negative profiles probably don't deter the type of people they are trying to weed out, but they do deter, I suspect, most people.

Well, I guess if that's what you were only looking for...you could perceive it as a negative.

Negativity is part of everyday life, you may run but you can't hide. It's the world of RANT, LOUD, OBNOXIOUS,VULGAR, all in the span of a 30 second commercial. We attach ourselves to the clue words, and make decision solely on that alone. We throw the baby out with the bathtub without so much of a thought. Yeah in a perfect world I would prefer not to be around so much negativity. But this not a perfect world and neither am I otherwise I wouldn't have this crack up my butt! (PG)
 Philburgh123
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2012 6:51:21 PM
No, just pass them on by and let them stew in their anger.
 Oncetwice57
Msg: 64
Posted: 9/2/2012 4:22:31 AM
yep read the same and pretty much assume they are venting....but sometimes they come around and realize how their profile looks.....and the way its preceived.....then they change....Ive done the same....and laugh .......I do get tired of the nice guy sayings and honest guy stuff tho......on these sights its up to us as ADULTS to figure the wolfs out....wether men or woman....takes time to learn and date someone with an open mind and without predjudice...if ya cant do that...might wanna get a dog...lol
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/2/2012 12:11:16 PM
I think there is a huge difference between an angry profile and one that states matter-factly that bad behavior will not be tolerated. After all, life is too short to put up with someone else's bad habits and manners, especially now that we are on the down slope of that proverbial hill.

I have a disclaimer in my profile that I have been told is quite humorous, but it does put it out there that if you act like an a**hole, that you will be canned. (With a photo of Fish A**holes who were canned...quite literally.) I am not angry, I am just sayin'...

But there are some very angry or bitter profiles out there (and some forum participants here) who I would say it is wise to avoid. If the glass is half empty, then make more margaritas and fill it back up...It is much more fulfilling to live happy and leave the world a little better than you found it.
 suzietwo
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2012 1:00:24 PM
I wouldn't date them or even reply in the first place in answer to your question! Those of us who been on here for a while could probably give a litany of examples about some of the idiot men they've come across but if its wound you up so much that you feel the need to put it on your profile then you've lost the plot a little. Some people try to do it humorously but to me it still comes across as negative and aggressive. They obviously have no insight at all either if they can't see how they will be perceived. In response to one of your replies I'm not in the business of rescuing these chaps either - or curing them after their bad experiences - there lies the road to disaster!
 marybuckeye
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/3/2012 8:08:45 AM

nope

I wouldn't date them or even reply

yep
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/3/2012 11:40:27 AM
I have to disagree with you, Sciencetrekker. It may be true for you that you are not attracted to those women, but I have had many fun dates come out of my disclaimer. They are the ones who used, "I hope I don't get canned...lol" as their opening line. Some went on to say they appreciated my sense of humor and others said they liked a woman who was honest, direct and knew what she wanted.

Those who see a humorous "behave yourself" as a turn off are usually guys who don't behave themselves and are offended that someone had the nerve to call them on the carpet for their bad behaviors. They are not the men most women want to date, anyway.

But angry disclaimers that start off like "Don't even think of contacting me if...." or "I am looking for someone who will take me as I am" and has "drinks more than 3x/week" or whose pic is of a face with a bitter scowl are perfect ones to avoid. And the men/women who respond to your "I am not interested" with "All you beotches/b*stards are the same." are probably good profiles to block.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/3/2012 9:29:07 PM
Now, Sciencetrekker, that I do agree with...the subset is most important to finding the correct answer in the equation of attraction. Most people on POF start the wide end of the funnel,but concentrating on the ones that actually make it through the narrow end is usually a more productive pursuit.

And thanks...glad you had similar luck attracting a nice woman.
 lighthouseseas
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/4/2012 2:42:54 PM
People who blame others for their own misery and misfortune, those who whine and complain to complete strangers about the shortcomings of others...Next.

I sometimes will read an angry profile just out of morbid curiosity. Never in a million years would I consider dating or even corresponding with any of them. If as an adult someone refuses to take responsibility for their actions/reactions then there is something fundamentally wrong with them and they're certainly not dating material.
 Happy Dude 63
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/4/2012 5:32:23 PM
Lighthouseseas;

I know! I sometimes read an angry profile to it's finish and think..whew!! Glad she is letting me see that anger up front!!
Also, like you say, people who refuse to take responsibility for their actions/reactions.

Long term angry is a choice. And a bad one at that.
 Walts
Msg: 72
Posted: 9/4/2012 5:58:42 PM
It takes more than a profile(angry,happy,sad,glad or not) to make me want to date anyone. I'm not really scared about people that vent or are blasting the other gender,hey, we all have shiatty days,and this is an "easy" place to blast the world.

I don't date someone because of a profile.
 Love.Notes
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/4/2012 8:00:08 PM
I wouldn't date anything or anyone that is angry. But, to express no liars or cheats need not apply in a profile would say to me, this person has been badly mistreated and hurt by such type ppl. If the entire profile is full of that???e...no I would leave well enough alone. But if it's a one time/one line in the profile asking to discourage a certain type of person... no married men need apply and so on. I don't see it as a problem.

If you were a woman for a day, you would be disgusted by what some men come out with. We don't know when we open chat what's behind the chat doors. What type of man he is or mindset he has. We trust, that when we open up a cam it's not some guy jerking off at the other end getting a cheap thrill. A few of those and we become very careful of what is allowed to come our way. liers, cheaters, no one wants. ok, you could put it nicer and say no married men please, but there are many other men that live off of lying to women. We just don't want to be the one woman he takes for granted. Yes, our guard may be up somewhat and rightfully so. It doesn't mean she's "angry, full of bitterness". It simply means she's had enough. Don't bother messaging me if you lie or cheat Got it? Good!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 74
Posted: 9/4/2012 9:02:00 PM

I like to send them messages like:
"Hi, I was about to send you an email and a picture of my balls, but then I noticed that that you don't want an messages from cheaters and liars, or unsolicited pictures of male genitalia. I was just going to lie about being a liar and message you anyway, but after reading your profile I decided to recant my lying, philandering ways and delete my previously prepared message. You're welcome."

Haha...My daughter peeked her head around the corner wondering what I was laughing about. This is one of the reasons I stick around...for the forums. Entertainment at its' best

Angry profiles scare me...but that's a good thing. Putting that out there gives me some insight into one's attitude/personality.

...mae
 annywn
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/5/2012 2:10:31 AM
Lionesse 19, I can almost see your nose hairs and its freakin me out a lil.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > angry profiles..would you date them?