Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 148
angry profiles..would you date them?Page 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
One thing about the "I Hate..." profiles is that you can tell how hard their life has been by the seriousness of their complaints.
"I hate guys that leave the toilet seat up," sounds a LOT less severe than, "I hate getting arrested for DWI on a Tuesday afternoon."
 Just_Bopping_Around
Msg: 149
angry profiles..would you date them?
Posted: 7/26/2013 6:06:41 AM

I told them it was an easy way to weed out the obtuse.

What do you have against fat people?
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 150
Posted: 7/26/2013 6:57:17 AM

What do you have against fat people?

Nothing, as long as they're not thick upstairs.
 Just_Bopping_Around
Msg: 151
Posted: 7/26/2013 8:35:34 AM
Sorry. Just making a play on words for obtuse. :)
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2013 8:41:03 AM

Sorry. Just making a play on words for obtuse. :)

What acute pun...:P
 FloridaRes123
Msg: 153
Posted: 7/28/2013 11:44:46 AM
Yes, I've seen my share of profiles, and a rising trend in these write-ups where they seem to have some kind of axe to grind.

I found that real odd when they get irritated at common questions men ask a woman in order to get to know her. It means they have a serious lack of patience.

I've even seen women state, "Quit asking me the same questions like 'What is it are you looking for in a man.' I don't know the answer to that question, so quit asking it!"

Some get down right degrading or condescending. Apparently one woman had in her profession which was an acronym ICU RN. And she said, "If you don't know what an ICU RN is, then move on!"

I figured what it was though, considering I had close relatives in the hospital, but don't get upset about it if asked.

One even had an FAQ (frequently asked questions) list up. LOL
 FloridaRes123
Msg: 154
Posted: 7/28/2013 12:08:25 PM
I have to laugh at the "No players, cheaters, or liars email me!" as if that will STOP them from contacting her. lol!
 cooldog65
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2013 5:53:38 PM
^^^^^
Add to that "No one night stands, booty calls, or FWB", but they have sexually provocative pictures up. Pictures, like actions, speak louder than words.

vvvvv I could not agree more. Think "opposite" when reading a profile!
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 156
Posted: 7/28/2013 5:57:43 PM
^^^what about the no drama ones?

usually find those that draw drama frequently are the creators of it. not always, but frequently...
 FloridaRes123
Msg: 157
Posted: 7/28/2013 7:17:54 PM
And what's with the cliche'd "I like to live life to the fullest" or " Don't sweat the small stuff". lol
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2013 12:49:48 PM
Many of these people have recently been deeply hurt or disappointed in some way in past relationships.

I think it is true that "Nobody wants you when you're down". Nobody has the patience to be their social worker to help them work things through. Or their Savior -- to save them from themselves. Or wants to be "nailed to a cross" for the sins of past lovers.

Sadly, these people will just have to work through their issues on their own -- and it WILL be lonely. Only thereafter, should they attempt to get back in the dating game.

Or else, they can be stuck for life with the "self-fulfilling prophecies" they prophesy for themselves.
 completelyhappy
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2013 1:20:51 PM
run when you see negative energy.

blessings
 PlentyofThis123
Msg: 160
Posted: 12/15/2013 6:22:44 AM

I met far more men with my "hates" than I did when I went the cheery but overused "I love to laugh" route.

Oh, you don't "Live life to the fullest"? LOL
 zivas414
Msg: 161
Posted: 12/15/2013 6:53:42 PM
Responding to an angry profile is the same as applying for a job that you don't want. Not anyone's job to save, fix, or rescue anyone!
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 162
Posted: 12/15/2013 9:14:58 PM
Oh, you don't "Live life to the fullest"? LOL

As opposed to what? Living life to the "emptiest"? Or would that be the "half-fullest"?
 Stoneman705
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2013 10:12:06 PM
"No liars or cheats need apply"

Attractive women don't have this problem. Smart women don't have this problem.
 metcatguy
Msg: 164
Posted: 12/18/2013 9:58:28 PM

wouldn't date them. But, I wouldn't date the angry, bitter people who post on the forums either. You just learn very quickly who to stay away from.

you may avoid me then.
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 165
Posted: 12/20/2013 3:41:09 PM
I would date someone who is slightly jaded and mentions that, but it's because I can understand where that comes from. So long as its not extreme, misogynist or reeking of potential usury/axe to grind, I wouldn't mind.
 PlentyofThis123
Msg: 166
Posted: 12/21/2013 3:41:59 AM

I know what you mean....stating the obvious in your profile isn't necessary.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 167
Posted: 12/21/2013 9:36:33 PM

I know what you mean....stating the obvious in your profile isn't necessary.

Not only is it not necessary, it's counter-productive. It sends the message that you've allowed these cheaters and liars to victimize you in the past, and that you'd be an easy target.
 cotter
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2013 11:10:08 PM

I do understand that so many ladies must get tons of bad emails, ALL kinds of bad emails...
I used to get instant messages from men of all ages ... commenting on the legs, but that isn't happening any more since I put restrictions on my instant messaging.

It's been my experience that when a person is that "angry" or perhaps "bitter", it's better not to get involved ... unless of course that's what gives your life meaning. I don't need any person carrying that kind of baggage. I generally don't have problems with others' baggage, but that kind of angry/bitter ... I just don't get involved in it.

so my question? does anyone still try or is willing to connect with men or women that they have some interest in but that persons profile has some serious negativity in it? and how has it worked?
NOPE!!! it's really not interesting to me at all.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 169
Posted: 12/22/2013 11:15:01 AM

hmm... you know this, how? Know a woman who was a fitness model and a tanning model who was asked to audition for the sports illustrated swimsuit issue...

she was totally utterly gorgeous. And extremely intelligent. And she got nothing BUT liars and cheats.

Couple flight attendant friends. Also gorgeous. Also smart. Also got a plethora of liars and cheats.

All the people who think someone who is beautiful has no dating problems, never has bad treatment, has roses and flowers and sunshine...

are delusional. NO one is exempt, and people if they would quit projecting all these entitled assumptions on people and get angry about the fact when they are so often totally wrong? It would change the vibe totally; and they would have WAY more success and a lot less cynicism.

Ditch the anger, focus on the stuff they LIKE. Not rage against things they are only suspecting, when they have no idea whatsoever what is going on behind the other screen. It could be MASSIVELY different than you think.

But if I come across one of the angry enraged? I know it is only a matter of time I will end up taking a missile that has built up by them, that they need to unload on SOMEONE, and I am one of the blanketed damned ones.

No thanks :)
 jlynn1955
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2013 7:41:14 PM
No, I dont contact or get involved with someone who seems angry. I don't do it in real life so why would I online? Life is too short.
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2014 8:30:17 AM
in a word NO as dating supposed to be giving your social life a shot in the arm, not dragging your own life down into the morass off somebody elses angst
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 172
Posted: 1/1/2014 11:38:38 AM
I take profiles with a grain of salt.
Nobody dates a profile, we date the person.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >