Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vestaceres
Msg: 89
Mom Is 50 and Is Competitive with me?!Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Ideally, it's your mom's responsibility to set the example and support you in finding a healthy relationship. Her crises and competitiveness is blocking this; she is hindering your happiness by doing this, though I don't think it's malicious. I hope that you two find a way to respect each other's boundaries.
 arwen52
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Mom Is 50 and Is Competitive with me?!
Posted: 6/16/2012 5:19:59 PM

What do I do? This is such an awkward situation!!??

Get your own life, stop hanging around with your mom so much for awhile?
 coco44110
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2012 5:42:31 PM
Wow, I love the relationship you have with your daughter. It sounds like a normal healthy mother/daughter relationship. You guys obviously love AND respect each other. There is a 30 year age difference between my daughter and I. she is 17, and I am 47. Here is the thing, when I notice men noticing her, first off if they are anywhere near my age, as a mom I get pissed. But if they are within her age range 18-20 or so...I am proud as I believe any Mom would be be. I believe my baby is beautiful...and it warms my heart when others notice.

I cannot imagine ever embarrassing my daughter by flirting with young men she's interested in. I feel so sorry for the young lady who made this post. Her Mom is definitely not considering her feelings. But one thing that I have noticed, quite a few of my friends are into younger guys...we are 47, and they are dating men my son's age, 25 and younger. I don't have a problem at all with that, as long as both parties are of age. My personal feeling about younger men is this, I just couldn't date a fella that was my son's age. I prefer fellas who are my age. To the young lady, sweetie don't avoid those situations with your Mom. That way she won't get a chance to flirt with your fellas. Also as far as the computer, show her a couple of times, then leave her on her own. She will get it, trust me when I say that. It sounds like she is using your circle of friends as a means to get herself out there. That is unfair to you...sweetie it is YOUR TURN. Time for her to stand back and let YOU shine. Good luck!
 coco44110
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2012 5:45:41 PM
Aww that is so sweet! "Officially hitting on you" lol, so cute!
 rockondon
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2012 5:53:37 PM
What's your mom's problem? Doesn't she realize that you rule her life and that she's not allowed to make her own decisions? How dare she do something that makes her happy.

Are you REALLY going to bring some 24 year old to church? Because I've already brought a man in his fourties to church because I don't f'ing care
So she has to date someone her own age but you don't. Nice double standard you got there.

YOU on the other hand care way too much about what people think.
Its so nice of you to let your mother know what she thinks and feels. I hope she extends you the same courtesy some day, that way you'll know how it feels to deal with your own attitude.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >