Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dating over 55      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Luv_Lyfe
Msg: 51
We ARE IndividualsPage 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I am close friends with several women who have told me of women they know telling them how they get on dating sites to score dinners and other expensive dates. They lie about their weight, age, whatever it takes. They do not expect or even hope to get into relationships. They just want the bucks spent on them. They are known as dinner prostitutes (by another name starting with w).
 Ready_Real
Msg: 52
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/7/2012 7:43:36 PM

I am close friends with several women who have told me of women they know telling them how they get on dating sites to score dinners and other expensive dates. They lie about their weight, age, whatever it takes. They do not expect or even hope to get into relationships. They just want the bucks spent on them. They are known as dinner prostitutes (by another name starting with w).

Well, you know what? If memory serves me correctly, you have gone on record here more than once as an elderly gentleman who eschews dating ladies your own age ---- or even within a decade of your own age. Now, mind you: I am not rationalizing anyone's lieing about her age or weight. I've earned every day of this life i dearly value, and this includes embracing the most healthful lifestyle of which I am capable. But. This duly asserted, I can perfectly understand how any given lady's frustration level can reach its breaking point: because you see, men with your mindset have already excluded them with your "decade plus younger age barrier" ---- no matter what they may have to offer. As for "dinner"? I seriously doubt most ladies would be that hard up. Particularly since "dinner" at most restaurants and virtually all chain restaurants is processed junk food priced according to decor. Who the heck needs that?
 notdating-forumsonly
Msg: 53
Dating over 55
Posted: 6/7/2012 8:20:48 PM
You're not the only one going thru this, OP. Good grief, everyone who dates goes thru this. I used to live in a rural area and anyone I met was an hour away+.
I moved to an area just outside of a major metropolitan area last Summer, and met a guy who lives an hour away due to all of the traffic here.... No big deal- we want to see each other so we don't mind the drive. It takes effort and not griping about it. Talk to the women you know and trust- family and friends- and ask this question. Like Lilli said- you'll get varied answers. In general, treat online like you would getting to know someone in real life.

Women, in general, want the same things a man wants- honesty and respect initially.
We don't appreciate a guy coming along and making sexual comments when we don't know him.
Allow it to happen naturally. Don't try to just get a result like getting a date. Learn to get to know people and if a date happens out of it so be it.
 Pinky127
Msg: 54
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/7/2012 9:26:48 PM

If memory serves me correctly, you have gone on record here more than once as an elderly gentleman who eschews dating ladies your own age

I thought the same thing..............something very familiar...
Anyway,i cant believe the stories that women are so desperate to EAT that they'd waste entire evenings in the company of men they had NO interest in.
Women have girlfriends and family to go out with to restaurants,bistros,etc and we have money in our wallets too!
What a shock,huh?
 Soulmate..
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Dating over 55
Posted: 6/7/2012 11:01:47 PM
ohsewbzyberd,
Maybe it is a turn off for you but I would not ask that question to you because you completed the "Needs Test" in your profile. I am getting a much more clear picture of what the game has become for us old folks. Deception and false dignity have taken the place of honesty and integrity. Take things slow she says! There are women on this website that have absolutely no intention of going on a date with anyone. They are here simply for entertainment. Take it slow!? Blah! Tell me what you want right up front. Fill out the Needs Test. That is what it is for.
 Soulmate..
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Dating over 55
Posted: 6/7/2012 11:20:38 PM
Oh my Mae- I love you even if you didn't complete your "Needs Test". You would be a damn good reason to visit Calgary. My one line in question that was taken offense to came as a result of initial contact with a woman with no photo who had contacted me. I asked her what she was looking for and I told her I was looking for a "flirty, sexy woman". I guess it was not cool but I already conceded that point.
 Soulmate..
Msg: 57
view profile
History
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/7/2012 11:36:28 PM
Hmmm. Well now Pinky! You take a bold stand for someone who has no photo and has not completed the "Needs Test". What are you looking for? I am looking for an attractive, flirty, sexy woman. FYI Not only will they waste entire evenings getting a free meal but they will waste entire evenings on this website. Sorry, your comments are irrelevant.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 58
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 4:03:54 AM

Really? HOW did you manage to meet these women? Do you frequently hang out with women who lie and take advantage of men? It would bother my sense of ethics and fairness to associate with even one woman such as this, much less several.

If a woman lies about age, weight, etc., I somehow doubt that she score many expensive dates, not unless she looks good despite the deception. If a man puts out big bucks, even once, on a lying woman, he is too "nice."

Remember, JUNE 2012 is the no-free dinner month! Guys, either go Dutch or not at all this entire month and we will see just how many "old-fashioned" women are still anxious to go out to those expensive restaurants!

And if NO women offer to take us out even just to those "dollar menu meals" at McDs,
THEN the truth will be evident of just what some unequal unliberated modern women still expect...

This is insulting to those women (including myself) who do pay for dinner. I would not eat at a restaurant where I could not pay the bill.

Some men deserve the dollar menu at McD's.

Of course, a lot of men will be sitting at home this month anyway, regardless of whether they are willing to pay for dinner or not because they can't get a date. On the other hand, I have spent some weekends at home because it wasn't worth expending the effort to meet men from online--free dinner included.
 Soulmate..
Msg: 59
view profile
History
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 4:07:22 AM
Lionesse19,
Mymymymymymy! Lionesse has a nose for critique. A woman with no photo and an incomplete profile giving out dating advise. What is this world coming to. The photo happened to be the only one I had at the time. Yes I should change it . But it really is none of your business-is it. That is not what this thread was all about.
 DrummingNut
Msg: 60
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 7:59:07 AM
I think an 'entitlement' attitude is what can turn a lot of women off to the man who brings up his needs in the sexual realm before even meeting the woman.
Or on the first meet.
 DragonBits
Msg: 61
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 8:34:47 AM
souulmate, I have never asked a women sexual questions before we met, unless a women has first brought it up, then I would go with the flow. There was never any reason to inquire. my profile left little doubt I was interested in a relationship that included being sexual.

(BUT If a women is flirty in email msgs, I will go with that flow also, but a women will bring it up first, and it usually means I would be very unlikey to ever see that person face to face. Maybe were more than 500 miles away in distance, or maybe they are 19 years old, one reason or another I would presumed we weren't going to meet.)

Most all women will read a profile before responding, so I didn't feel there was any reason to bring up sex. Probably my profile was a little over the top on this. If she didn't read my profile, she is dumb as rocks and that by itself means I wouldn't get along with her.

EXAMPLE of Last line in my dating profile.

If it should happen that we feel like soulmates, we should hold on tight and ride the wild horse together, until then, ain't it funny how the night moves.

Have a good time dating, take care John
 Soulmate..
Msg: 62
view profile
History
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 10:02:23 AM
Prehaps you did not read my fubah. I was contacted by a woman that was more or less looking for me.There was no photo and there was an incomplete profile. I saked what she was looking for. I stated what I was interested in. I said: " what are you looking for? "I am looking for a woman that is flirty and sexy" I do not consider that an unreasonable statement. Perhaps some women do but I do not.
 DrummingNut
Msg: 63
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 10:14:06 AM

I said I am looking for a flirty, sexy woman. Is that wrong in your opinion?
Yup. You made that your #1 need.

There were no needs discussed.

But you DID state your need. You're "looking for a flirty, sexy woman".
And because it was all you said, it even sounded like it was your main and only need.
Creep factor enters in then.

Try this.. don't type things to women you don't know that you wouldn't go up to women you don't know and SAY.
 DragonBits
Msg: 64
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 10:23:40 AM
Soulmate, so you don't want a soulmate, you don't want a long term relationship, you don't want to just date. You want to flirt. From your postings I didn't get that idea.

If I were asked that question, I would say I wanted a companion, someone to go biking with, dinner,if we have good chemisty going on vacations, etc. I assume she was looking to see if you were interested in a LRT, a one night stand or just hanging out.

Then I would ask for a pic, which you need before meeting.

Every women on PoF has been asked about sex, so it isn't something they care to hear about in a first MSG. I wouldn't expect a good response to "I am looking for a woman that is flirty and sexy", it's too direct and really not accurate at all at least for me. No doubt I would only date someone I found had some sort of sex appeal for me, but when I got her pic it would be easier to tell. Really, you have to meet.

All that said, some people just disappear for no apparent reason, who knows why, maybe they are a sex worker, maybe they are married, maybe they had a heart attack, maybe this, maybe that.

Have a good time dating, take care and have a good weekend.

DragonBits
Msg: 65
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 10:29:57 AM
BTW soulmate, there are men and women who want nothing more than to flirt over the interent. They have no interest in ever meeting. You can even pay money for a webcam women for that purpose, I suppose some want it for free.
 DrummingNut
Msg: 66
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 10:41:51 AM
See, OP, I (and I am sure lots of women here) can absolutely be "flirty and sexy"! Oh-la-la!

But we don't do it on request.. we don't do it because some stranger needs for us to do it...

we do it when we feel flirty and sexy towards someone!

As "not beautiful, etc etc" as I am... I can knock the socks off my man when I have one... with my flirty/sexy self!!!
Because to HIM I feel very very flirty-sexy. We've connected.. we've shared.. we know each other.. and oh-la-la.

Also, when I don't have a man... if I'm out and I see one that -wow- I kinda feel good about.. I can be quite flirty/sexy with him too. Not so oh-la-la.. a bit more subtle.

But some stranger on the internet? Who is saying THAT is what he's looking for? And he doesn't know me from the next woman in line? eww.
 infennario
Msg: 67
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 10:54:03 AM

what are you looking for? "I am looking for a woman that is flirty and sexy" I do not consider that an unreasonable statement. Perhaps some women do but I do not.

No, its not unreasonable at all. Its possible that she just decided that if that is all that you seek in a woman or relationship, or if those are the primary traits you seek, she’d be bored too soon. Doesn't mean she's offended. I wouldn't be. I'd just think, "Eh. Not very interesting." After all, almost all people want someone who flirts with them and they will have a sexual relationship with, at least eventually, so I'd say "flirty and sexy" is a given and there had better be far more than that for me to be interested.
 SONNI100
Msg: 68
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 11:22:16 AM
OP....needs test?? IMO, it doesn't really tell you a thing.
 sushisue
Msg: 69
view profile
History
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 12:41:00 PM
Oh my...where is this all going? Having read all the previous posts I'm going back to the OP's issue. Women our age are looking for a man with good manners who treats us with respect...like you treat your friends. I personally don't mind you saying in your post that you want a flirty sexy woman, as I interpret that to mean you want to be in the company of a lady who will flirt with you and whom you find sexy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...what is sexy and flirty to you may not be the same for another fellow. Would I answer questions about sex? You can ask, and if I don't want to answer I will cheerfully tell you so, and answering qusetions doesn't mean intimacy is automatic. I might ask you a few questions too, lol! At 60 I am what I am. I no longer look 30, but I can pass for 55, lol! I understand that people our age may hear and feel the hands of time so they want to get right to it, but let things take their course. I'm a 60 year old who is looking for quality not quantity.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 70
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 12:47:35 PM
Op please read what Drumming said--cause for me it is spot on--and think of it this way--would you want a woman who was flirty and sexy with any man who talked to her on here? Wouldnt you want it to be YOU that brought out that devilish goodness in her?
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 71
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 2:20:54 PM

I was contacted by a woman that was more or less looking for me.There was no photo and there was an incomplete profile. I saked what she was looking for. I stated what I was interested in. I said: " what are you looking for? "I am looking for a woman that is flirty and sexy" I do not consider that an unreasonable statement. Perhaps some women do but I do not.

Perhaps your biggest mistake was replying to a woman who had NO photo AND her profile was incomplete.

In my less than humble opinion, when people do not take the time to post a picture or any information, they do not merit a serious reply.
 Soulmate..
Msg: 72
view profile
History
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 6:47:31 PM
DrummingNut ,
Don't type what I would not say? I would say that in a heart beat. Why would I not say that? You or anybody else on this website have no idea who I am or how I think. I am honest, smart and focused. I do not believe in games of the heart. I am a country bumpkin and I take people at face value. If I am not accepted at that I am ok. The reason I started this was to find out what women over 55 think about when they are trying to find a mate. I made a mistake with this woman. But, if she was who I perceived her to be it would not have been an issue.
 Soulmate..
Msg: 73
view profile
History
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 6:52:47 PM
Oh Gwendolyn! Will you meet me for coffee if I find my way to Missouri ? I love you! I will make you really happy! I'll buy you a Harley! Maybe a boat. Oh Gosh I would like to meet a woman like you! Probably aren't any though! Bummer for me.
 statemachine500
Msg: 74
We ARE Individuals
Posted: 6/8/2012 7:04:40 PM

This is pretty simple tbicon.Some women will simply place men into different boxes.A clue might be in a wide age range of men she is willing to date. Older guys to get treated.
Younger guys for sex.

I refuse to believe that. From my experience, most women are more than just prostitutes, and that is what you are describing.

What does this have to do with prostitution?A woman can accept a date or dinner merely because she finds the man interesting intellectually,or just plain fun to be around.Nothing wrong with this.It doesn't follow that she finds him physically attractive.Nor does she have any obligation.If the lady is attractive and fit,you can pretty much bet the majority will date younger men.Younger men generally look fresher,might be a good bet to be more physically attractive....and may be more capable than your average middle aged man.Take a look at that other site with the funny name,you can see right away if the person will date your age range.The better looking,the younger they can attract.A woman 45 might date from 25 to 55.Which boxes do you feel these opposite ends of the spectrum might fit into?
 Soulmate..
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Dating over 55
Posted: 6/8/2012 7:07:27 PM
Dear Lionesse,
Please, Please, Please DO NOT TRY TO MATCH WITS WITH ME. You are way over matched! But I will tell you this.
I came home from work two years ago on my ex-wife's birthday and my house was empty. She took everything including my computer and camera. Which was OK. I recovered and started to evaluate my circumstances. I wanted to get into the game and I did not have a camera. I bought a computer. I asked my daughter-in-law to take a couple pictures. She did. You see them. Please find someone else to taunt with your lame BS.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dating over 55