Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 149
Advice on getting responses from good looking womenPage 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Ha ha when u figure it out please let me know I send hundreds of MSG to atractive man got I thin threre or four responses which with day or two totally stopped n after trying to restart conversation I send them two to threre MSG n got none back. If there is a way please let me know too
 Bluegold007
Msg: 150
Advice on getting responses from good looking women
Posted: 5/8/2013 11:32:58 AM
Farmer is correct, good looking women suck. Mean and uptight too
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 152
Posted: 5/9/2013 6:08:01 PM
Good looking guys suck bc they do same exact thing they toty ignore u , use u only for sex or treat u like a crap so lay of women bc good looking guy won't give me time of a day so they are doing same exact thing
 Bluegold007
Msg: 153
Posted: 5/10/2013 8:14:00 AM
Poster above me, i think ur aiming way way too high. Thats the problem with most women, they won't give average guys a shot. While guys really do want to meet average women. I think u just need to expand ur mind
 hounddoug
Msg: 154
Posted: 5/10/2013 11:57:36 AM

How does a guy know if he's average or above? Wouldn't it depend on who is looking? I don't think I'm bad looking at all, but obviously I'm the only one who thinks that since I get no replies lol.

Well if a guy really wants to know if he's average or above (or below), ask the women in the forums. I'm sure they'd gladly tell you. But women can be brutally honest (brutal being the keyword) and you might not like the answer.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 155
Posted: 5/11/2013 8:23:21 AM
Isn't it while point of findin someone who u find attractive/ cute both physically n personalty wise?
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2013 5:51:57 AM

Lol, good looking women aren't going to send messages back unless you are a greek god, full stop. They will simply ignore you and forget you even exist no matter how sincere or nice or true to profile your message was. Hell most average women will think the same way. Any women below that will usually message you first using text speech or something equally lame.

That hasn't been my experience at all.
 Bluegold007
Msg: 157
Posted: 5/14/2013 10:15:04 AM
I think this thread should be named "Advice on getting responses from women" Good looking is subjective. Lots of guys complain of getting no responses. Now granted, I've seen guys with horrible pics and a lousey written profile. That won't help their cause one bit. But, still the over all picture is all looks on this site. I do belive women respond to guys that they find the best looking. Why? Well why not? They have so many options on here, why settle for average? We all want the best looking person in our life. Humans are visual, sad fact, but thats how it is
 Bluegold007
Msg: 158
Posted: 5/15/2013 10:29:07 AM

In which case it simply boils back down to how fussy they are when it comes to choosing what they determine to be "above average". The bar is set so high it would give most Olympic pole vaulters a second thought. It's worse when you notice they don't even look at your profile, i.e. they don't appear on VIEWED ME. I mean that's just typical of them really, somehow they're able to tell instantly whether someone is right for them simply by a tiny thumbnail picture (as they appear smaller when not on profile itself).

Tell me about it, and you wanna know whats funny is, i remember when i did have pics up and a well written profile, i had no luck (which is usual) Anyway, in that "About leagues" thread, some posters accuse us of whining and claim we only chase super models (Which isn't the case) I only chase those i think are decent looking. Even average looking women on here are so nit picky on a guys looks. Women not as visual as men? B.S! lol.

Also the another double standard is when women complain, thats ok but when guys complain, its whining. Funny how women get away with so much.
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2013 9:23:15 PM

Also the another double standard is when women complain, thats ok but when guys complain, its whining. Funny how women get away with so much.

I have never encountered that double standard in my experience as I find almost every time a gal complains it's belittled or dismissed in as either nagging, b*tching, pmsing, or overreacting. Funny how you seem to think gals can get away with so much. I'd like to live in such a world as in my country, America, it seems gals are heavily criticized, hated, and held responsible and accountable for actions that aren't their own such as being told how it's their fault that they were raped, sexually assaulted, sexually harassed, or abused.
 Meeting_At_The_Crossroads
Msg: 160
Posted: 12/12/2013 6:36:02 PM
The attractive gals are NOT going to go looking for you. They don't have to...

This was only thing written in the About Me section of a very good looking gal living in Alberta... "Doesn't matter what I put here because if you like the photos you are going to message me anyways."

Nuff said??
 naysaying_knicktwist
Msg: 161
Posted: 12/13/2013 4:41:05 AM

Be a good-looking man.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 162
Posted: 12/13/2013 8:28:10 AM
If you want to be noticed by attractive women, you need to stick out from the crowd. I used to get so many messages every day, and when I logged on to read and answer some of them, new ones kept coming in by the minute, there was just no way to keep up with this. It took me several hours just to read through the oldest ones, and many times the guys got PISSED that I didn't respond to them right away and started flinging insults at me - WTF????? I became a subscriber just so I could hide my profile and be able to catch up with older messages without being bombarded with new ones the second I logged on. The guy I"m currently seeing stuck out because of his mesmerizing eyes and a bright red shirt he was wearing in his profile pick. He got his foot in the door so to speak, and during our convos he was very polite, non-pushy, not creepy, sounded intelligent and he NEVER started any sexual innuendo (that would have been the kiss of death for me). Of course, he also met all of my other criteria, but I might have overlooked him just because of the sheer amount of messages I used to get. Heck even now that my profile is hidden and I stated I'm no longer looking, I STILL get messages from the hundreds of people who messaged me before (I believe once you've talked to someone, they can still see your profile even after it's hidden).
 GJBrown
Msg: 163
Posted: 12/15/2013 7:35:50 PM
1 man's good looking is another man's butt ugly!
 dahlingdarling
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2013 7:25:22 PM

Just so you know, girls here on POF are more picky when it comes to appearance that they are IRL. IRL you can use your charm, wit, and intelligence to make up for what you lack in appearance. So IRL go ahead and approach an "attractive" woman. If you actually have something to offer, they will usually give you the time of day. Here on POF I have been shot down by some pretty "attractive" women. However I don't let this bother me, because I have had more "attractive" women IRL show positive interest in me than a lot of the girls that don't give me the time of day here.

LMFAO @ this. Amusing how it's being more picky about appearance for an attractive gal to turn down an average guy...yet nothing on the average guys pickiness for wanting a much better looking partner. Male logic is so funny and exactly when I tend to feel no sympathy for guys when they whine about gals income standards.
 forumiteinca
Msg: 165
Posted: 12/27/2013 8:28:06 PM
Lie to them and tell them you are a billionaire (similar to Aston Kutcher in Two And A Half Men). Women aren't stupid. The looks might fade with time, but the money makes it all worth their while.

On the same vein, let them think you are very rich, very old and have a weak heart...
 notwhatyouthinkatall
Msg: 166
Posted: 6/13/2014 9:02:11 AM
Why dont you tell me why i get no responses then.

Is it because its obvious i dont have trouble in real life. I feel that online daters are all just people who have admitted defeat and are ready to settle.
 gtomustang
Msg: 167
Posted: 6/13/2014 9:28:16 AM
hot people--ie ,the ones who dress as though they know they are hot, and are showing it off to get favors that make their lives so much easier--know they can get sex more often than most people. so, coming at them with body language that clearly says, "boy, I'd sure love to have sex with you" doesn't offer them anything they haven't seen elsewhere this week.

so, what else do they want? do they want someone who's fun (part of being fun is, not making demands)? someone who's loyal? can speak intelligently and enjoy creative activities? someone who goes to the "see and be seen" cool locations and do the right drinks and drugs?

offer 'em what they want. maybe you'll just become a friend...or maybe not.
 ramon2005
Msg: 168
Posted: 6/13/2014 3:38:09 PM
Well if you want to get responses from good looking women, here is my advice, put some pictures on your profile that imply that you have a lot of money and wait for your inbox to flood also change the amount of money that you make a year to a somewhat high number Or you can lower your standards and go for the less good looking ones. It's all about the money. This really unattractive guy that works with me won a million dollars on the lottery, suddenly all the women even the ones married in my department were trying to find out if he was single or married. A friend of mine hook up with a hot chick at a club when she saw the car he was driving suddenly changed her mind and when home with a guy driving a Mustang instead. So my advice, make a lot of money and get yourself an awesome sport car and you will have all the hot women you want
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 169
Posted: 6/15/2014 4:19:16 PM
If you messaged the hot girl, so did every other guy. Either be the best or you lose. That's it. That's online dating.

If looks matter to you, then look offline. They're typically not approached anywhere near as much on as the girls on here. The reality is you are not going to get the hot girl on these sites. Occasionally, someone gets lucky, but most of the time, someone better comes along and she forgets you exist.

And ramon sadly has a good point. Since so many girls on these sites are single mothers, seemingly almost every girl on here, money will get you some hot gold diggers.
 south_city
Msg: 170
Posted: 6/15/2014 8:12:15 PM
Better photos might help get a few more positive replies from attractive women.
 The_Duke_of_POF
Msg: 171
Posted: 6/16/2014 2:01:28 PM
Put up a picture of a male model.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 172
Posted: 6/16/2014 2:14:54 PM

Put up a picture of a male model.

Standing next to a Ferrari.
 south_city
Msg: 173
Posted: 6/16/2014 7:10:31 PM

My actual tips for messaging hot babes:
-Don't mention or imply sex. (Ever really, but be comfortable about sexuality.)
-Brevity.
-Humor.
-Be congruent
-She's hot. So what. She knows she was born that way. Notice the other things about her that you think are valuable and point them out.
-There's a lot of lame hot girls out there... so your entertaining words will be your most powerful tool.

The content of the email doesn't matter that much. Unless a man writes something that is clearly crude. Such as sexual remarks. The pictures are the most important thing. Followed by the profile. A good profile might make the difference when a woman finds you to be borderline attractive.
 jessebunnies
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2014 8:01:59 AM

The pictures are the most important thing. Followed by the profile. A good profile might make the difference when a woman finds you to be borderline attractive

This is correct in my opinion.

messages are absolutely crucial. If you don't build a real connection and make her feel comfortable in the messages, you'll never meet her.

As SouthCity said pictures are the most important. Followed by the profile. I won't even open a message if I don't find the person attractive. I will open a profile and read it if I have some interest.
For me it goes like this:
1) profile pic if I find you attractive I will read your profile. If not this is where it ends
2) view profile
3) Open message. I've responded to "hi" "hey" "your pretty" messages before. If I find you attractive I'll try to make it work. Later on yes it's important to build a real connection but.... if your pictures and profile suck you will never get the opportunity to build such a connection.

You have to remember that most attractive women receive any where from 50-100's of emails a day around here. Therefore when your inbox looks like it's a full time job conservation of energy is required. Those whose pics aren't attractive messages/profiles don't even get opened. Just being straight forward here.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >