Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cmlee14
Msg: 32
single mothers, an easy target???Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Some guys may see a woman with 6 kids as a woman that likes to %^%&. I don't feel that way however I will say, I was with a woman with 3 kids and later did some investigating when things didn't add up and found that she had been married 3 times. I'm not implying you are any of these things but from experiences, I have found that women with that many kids without having had a stable relationship in their lifetime, typically weren't good relationship material rather they had 2, 8 or 6 kids. I would look at your profile, pics and others to see if they exude any kind of implication that maybe you COULD be a target for some of the douchebags on these sites. Also, we get it that you have kids, it's written on the profile already, try not to expose your kids on the site there are too many freaks out there. I can imagine there could be freaks out there that may agree to date you and be a child molester that saw a pic of your child and whose interest isn't you at all. It's gut wrenching but something to consider. I truly wish you luck but your kids are priority number one and though you may want to be loved, focus on the love your children can offer you til you meet a guy that will offer you AND your children that love that you seek.
 GurugiGets
Msg: 33
single mothers, an easy target???
Posted: 7/6/2012 12:45:38 PM
I try not to date single moms but like smokers, I will work with someone if their cool people. Meaning, whatever, no rush to get laid. Single moms can be very aggressive in wanting sex. I hate to be the guy they claim is childish, unmanly because I won't hop into sack quickly.
 Capn_America
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/6/2012 12:54:05 PM

Some guys may see a woman with 6 kids as a woman that likes to %^%&.

Nope, Iactually see them as a bit dumb; they STILL haven't figured out the answer to the question "Paper or Plastic?"

Okay, gimme a break, its Friday afternoon, and I TRY, but I cant be funny ALL the time
 LB452012
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/7/2012 7:53:55 AM
Is POF website down?
 LB452012
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/7/2012 7:56:11 AM
Yes sometimes single moms are a target. Men think we are willing to do anything just so we are not alone. Not!
 missmermaid4u
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/7/2012 2:29:08 PM
must be a cruise ship by now (the boat re:same boat) ..we are not all on it, some found life loves or life rafts, and ppl with money become an easy target, single parents, are much more cautious as a rule because they need to be, in other words we are selective..
 breezynmd
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2012 2:44:18 PM
You are exactly right. Men will definately go for the easy before they try for anything hard. You just have to weed out the bad. It doesnt matter what you set your profile settings to or put in your profile to discourage trollers they will still come, but dont let the bad apples spoil the sauce.

Men do think single moms are easy targets and desperate and they dont have to try to hard. Your thin attractive you dont have to settle and just because you have kids doesnt mean you should.

hang in there.
 breezynmd
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2012 2:45:18 PM
aww that was sweet of you to say looking4 but I have to say I am shocked at how some men will try and take advantage of a single mom and give them no respect.

You sound like one of the good ones.
 smilingrock
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/8/2012 4:24:37 AM
6 kids and you are worried about guys taking advantage of you? LOL You have NO time for anything. Most guys wont put up with six kids in their dating life either.

I tried a couple of times dating a mom with one kid and that didnt work out.

You have some major adjustments to make in your life...
 UniquelyPassionateCandy
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/8/2012 6:12:18 AM
I wouldn't say us single mom's are an easy target. I do however believe that most guys don't see us as relationship material because we come as a ready made family. It is very difficult for many guys to accept somebody else's children as their own. There are exceptions to the case for sure.

So, when we meet guys like that...Who do have some kind of attraction to us but don't want to commit to us, they offer us sex. And we don't have to take the offer, we have the ability to say sorry I am worth more then that and walk away.

I think sometimes though single moms make themselves easy because they think they can't get anything else. So they take what they can get. Just my opinion. I have self esteem so I don't do that but there are plenty who don't.
 AxeMurderer75
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/8/2012 2:43:54 PM
People looking for fun are sending 10-25x as many messages as people looking for something deeper. That's why it seems as though all the guys are just looking for sex.
 usmale6
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/31/2014 11:24:18 AM
Easy Targets? Parents with little kids can be very difficult to date - they are always busy with the kids it seems (understandable), and can be very difficult to see.
 Kelley1996
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/29/2016 12:57:31 PM
I'm not a mother and not qualified to answer so take what I say with a grain of salt. Regardless it is an interesting question. I believe many men perceive you as being easier, at least at first. Other men that would be interested in a long term relationship with you if you had one or no children would feel they have nothing to lose by trying and therefore would give the impression they think you are easy.

I, just like any other woman, want companionship and happiness with someone and i do not think been a mother of so many should be my downfall.

The world is not how you think it should be, but how it really is. Certainly, your choices are less than that of anther women with your looks, intelligence, and class that has one or no children. However, perhaps not by a lot since many men are attracted to women with your looks and attractiveness and very well may choose you over someone with less children but not as attractive.
 bad_boy_1985
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/18/2016 9:39:09 PM
Hey beautiful r u single
 bamagrl68
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/18/2016 10:17:13 PM
Marie4kids- People with personality disorders seem to have an excellent radar for people with boundary issues.
This fact has little to do with how many children either party has, or even that they are a parent.
There are certain types (male and female) that go around with nothing in mind but what the world owes them and what other people can do for them.
These types can sniff out people who have trouble standing up for themselves a mile away.
I should know, at one point in my life, for a long time, I did not stand up for myself and insist on healthy boundaries and that caused me a LOT of pain.
Since divorcing, I have been on a journey of self discovery and learning that there is nothing wrong with standing up and saying no if someone TRIES to take advantage of you.
Not being an easy target is about learning to love yourself, knowing who you are, what you believe in, what you will and will not tolerate and not being afraid to end things if you see signs that you are being run over.
That is NO way to live life and now that I DO love myself and understand that I am a human being worthy of compassion, love and respect, I will NEVER go back to the way I used to be.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2016 1:18:32 PM

I don't think that because i have 6 children, it should make me a "bit of fun".

If a guy doesn't have kids or his kids are all grown up, unless you're way out of his league, whether he realizes it or not -- he's not going to want to be in a relationship with you. And many guys with kids aren't going to want to take on a gal with 6 kids unless there's something else really drawing him in that's rare to find. It doesn't mean a guy's only going to want a roll-in-the-hay and write you off -- no. But they won't want anything serious, is the point.

So going back to your concern about your emails -- you're going to get stuff like that whether you have no kids, 1 kid or 16 kids. :) You'll probably get a bit more of those "mine as well" emails guys will send, saying they're just looking for fun -- because why not? They're not saying anything in public. You don't know anyone they know. It's a lot better than a guy seeming like he's open to a relationship with you when he's not.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/23/2016 11:54:59 PM
Easier target? No. Problem is that even when they have no hope of hitting the target, a lot of guys will take the shot anyway.

I, just like any other woman, want companionship and happiness with someone

Of course you do and I'll bet that you are willing to offer the same in return but can you actually do it? You probably put your children first. Nothing wrong with that... the way it should be. Still, the best a man can hope for, in your case, is to be The Seven instead of The One. If you are a good mother there is no getting around it. The men who want a solid bond, rightly or wrongly, will look elsewhere.

There is good news for single mothers too though. Things are changing. Example:

All women should be treated with great care. Single mothers are holy.

In 1960, nobody, nobody would have said that, especially not a man. He isn't alone either. There are mobs of men who worship single mothers and the numbers are growing. When most men are like this guy, you might be too old to benefit from the change but your children might. Society just isn't ready for you yet but give it a little more time.
 kidreason29
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/25/2016 5:45:55 AM
my belief is that you are more likely to get with a single father, maybe i could find a article
 HereComesYourSun
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/25/2016 9:52:52 PM
Well, I hate to say it but all the women on here, well most anyway, have gotten propositioned for hook-ups.
And I'll bet all the money in my savings they don't know how many kids you have nor do they care if you have 6 or zero.

Believe me when I say - It's not you, it's not because you have kids, it's because you have some T & A.
And after they send you a message, they click a couple more times and send another just like it. The next lady just happens to be unemployed with no kids and 3 dogs. She's thinking it's because she's unemployed that makes her an easy target.....

What makes it all possible is the anonymity of the internet.

Women with kids are not an easy target. Don't ever say that again.
 Ailand
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/6/2016 8:38:43 PM
I would say go with your gut. Not all men think that single mom's are easy/ desperate. I get the same feeling often enough. Don't give up, there are single father's out there that are looking for a friend too. I've joked about having 11 kids to scare them off. Or talked about getting married just so that I wouldn't have to deal with guys looking for "low self esteem mom". For some reason they always think that we were jilted. They never give us credit for raising our kids alone. It would take at least half a brain and Moral. and if we had low self esteem, we'd of been married a few dozen times by now.
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2016 7:10:36 AM

some seriously hot good looking guys which I thought he deserves more and told him you wouldn't be interested in me I'm a mum to 4

Your self-esteem is the problem. Why does having four children devalue you?
 ultracreamysoda
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/9/2017 10:57:07 PM
No it doesn't make you an easy target. It just makes you less desirable by many guys. People will deny it all they want. It is reality.
 south_city
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/19/2017 3:33:02 PM

No it doesn't make you an easy target. It just makes you less desirable by many guys. People will deny it all they want. It is reality.

I agree. In particular for a woman that has 6 children. A man that usually prefers women with no children might date a woman with 1 or 2 children if that was the only thing about her that wasn't appealing to him. Probably won't date a woman with 6 children though.
 julystorm7
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/20/2018 2:25:44 PM
I get messages all the time and truthfully, I consider it sometimes. Right now I'm mulling over the offer of a guy 8 years younger than me wanting a roll in the hay, says single mothers in their 30s are tigers in bed. I'm pretty tied down with my kids but after 9 years, a bit of sleeping around sounds kind of enticing. Its true what they say about women in their 30s...

On the other hand, my damn morals and ethics get in the way. Do I go for fun or try for companionship? Difficult choice. I want to be a good mom and dedicate my life to my kids but the idea of being alone for the next 10 years saddens me. My parents split when I was young and I dealt with all their dating drama and I know I learned from it so I think I could do much better at it.

Should single moms even date? I ask myself that question a lot.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >