Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Giving a guy flowers....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 colt8301
Msg: 26
Giving a guy flowers....Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

I thought this was strange as I never would think of giving a guy a flower(s). I thought it was the other way around...
Do you think his thinking or wanting flowers is....weird, strange, gay or what? Just never had a guy tell me this before...

Lol, in my entire life I never heard of a man receiving or "wanting" flowers, is this dude one of those "metro sexual" dudes?
 juicyfruit21
Msg: 27
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/10/2012 1:10:54 PM
Lol, in my entire life I never heard of a man receiving or "wanting" flowers, is this dude one of those "metro sexual" dudes?

Nope not really metro sexual....but according to the other posters I should NOT be so narrow minded to think this is a little off....I guess I'm just old school....being in my 50's and all...as is he...but....IDK...just thought I'd get others' ideas and thoughts. And I ain't talking 'pots" planted for his garden....but like a single rose or a bunch. duh.
 forums1
Msg: 28
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/10/2012 1:44:08 PM
I'd normally prefer a fruit basket or something edible (the way to man's heart is through his stomach? ), but I have to say, a few years back I lost my two older cats within a month of each other, and she sent me some nice flowers... it was certainly appreciated. Not sure I "want" flowers per se, but they would be appreciated... it's the thought that counts.
 juicyfruit21
Msg: 29
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/10/2012 5:47:39 PM
Well I'm 21 and would like it if a lady gave me flowers. It would be more the thought I'd appreciate... I would never ask for any however I don't think it's strange. :)

That's cool....and you are right...it's the thought that counts....no matter what the gift. :)
 ThatGirl092
Msg: 30
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/10/2012 5:49:37 PM
A m an wanting flowers?? That sounds kind of gay to me. I dont think I would be interested in a man that like such frilly things.
 juicyfruit21
Msg: 31
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/10/2012 5:49:50 PM
I know, how about a steak and potatoes basket??? or a box of donuts?

How about a big lasagna dinner? Cookies...brownies....some men like food, candy, flowers....it's alllll about the thought put into it as I have learned from everyone who has responded to this post. thanks!!!
 MyNameWasTaken2
Msg: 32
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/10/2012 6:22:29 PM
I'd take a home cooked meal or a power tool over flowers any day!
 juicyfruit21
Msg: 33
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/10/2012 6:26:44 PM
I'd take a home cooked meal or a power tool over flowers any day!

Hmmmmm what a man what a man what a mighty fine man. :) I hear ya....that was the same thing I was thinkin' but hey....who am I??????????????????????????????????????
 jmark4
Msg: 34
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/10/2012 7:18:01 PM
lol; well I've been given flowers and I kindly tell them other things would make me happier but I say thanks. I let them know in a kind way though that I'm not into it and to leave that stuff for twilight or glee fans.

Men love food; especially home cooked meals.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 35
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/10/2012 7:27:54 PM
I gave cut flowers to a platonic guy friend for his birthday. It was the first time I'd given flowers to a man. First time he'd received flowers. He thought it was weird but admitted he liked it too.

I gave a potted flowering plant to my ex-SO. I didn't really think that one through. It became just one more thing he had to deal with getting rid of when he moved. But, he has/had a green thumb so he took care of it while he had it.
 Abercrombiecam
Msg: 36
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/10/2012 7:29:18 PM
I have honestly never heard of such a thing. And I'm not quite sure how to take that either...just odd.
 trh1268
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/10/2012 7:51:55 PM
I rather get a deep kiss goodnight then get flowers, that would be my greatest gift from a woman on a 1st date.
 DoubleParked
Msg: 38
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/10/2012 8:14:21 PM
I used to date a guy who lived about 8 blocks from my house. It was spring/summertime so I would often stroll over to see him. Along the way were lots of beautiful gardens and I used to pick a blossom here and there and by the time I was at his place I had a nice little bouquet of pilferred flowers. Such a naughty girl.
 sexandthepof
Msg: 39
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/10/2012 9:05:40 PM
Someday if I meet a man I really like, I would give him a yellow rose on the first date. :-) I think he'll like it. Yellow is nice, bright and means friendship and happiness. Good relationship starts with a nice friendship first. Methinks.
 juicyfruit21
Msg: 40
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/11/2012 4:47:39 AM
Someday if I meet a man I really like, I would give him a yellow rose on the first date. :-) I think he'll like it. Yellow is nice, bright and means friendship and happiness. Good relationship starts with a nice friendship first. Methinks.

You sound like a very secure person in doing that...and I think that is great....but I just....cannot....ever.....see....myself giving a guy flowers. Just not in my blood. Cookies, pie, meals, a cool t-shirt....yes....flowers? NO.
 sexandthepof
Msg: 41
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/11/2012 6:07:19 AM
All the above sound very nice. But giving flower(s) is rare. So it's nice to have something rare and like a surprise sometime.
 catchnrelease71
Msg: 42
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/11/2012 6:35:44 AM
I don't know about the flowers, but I think I told a woman "guys like romance too". I was more trying to get across that it shouldn't all be left to the man to come up with things to do, showing they care, calling on the phone, etc. I've come across woman that thought just being a woman was enough in dating/relationship and that they never had to put in any effort. Yeah, those didn't go very far with me.

I did get a dozen roses delivered to me for Valentine's Day 15 or so years ago, but it was more for fun by a girl I had been in a relationship with for awhile. She thought it would be funny for a guy to get flowers delivered to his office. I got a few laughs from coworkers and I actually enjoyed it because I like that she broke the mold.
 juicyfruit21
Msg: 43
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/11/2012 1:08:30 PM
I don't know about the flowers, but I think I told a woman "guys like romance too". I was more trying to get across that it shouldn't all be left to the man to come up with things to do, showing they care, calling on the phone, etc. I've come across woman that thought just being a woman was enough in dating/relationship and that they never had to put in any effort. Yeah, those didn't go very far with me.

Yep, I agree....guys like attention too. It shouldn't always be up to them...except in the beginning. I don't invest with giving stuff until I know where I stand....flowers or no flowers, LOL!!
 pescando75
Msg: 44
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/11/2012 1:30:00 PM
I stopped and smelled a rose bush the other night while out on my walk.
Would I ask for flowers? No.
As a guy, "Romance" can consist of you, naked, and whatever else you have in mind. ha ha!
 krazykurlz
Msg: 45
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/11/2012 3:34:08 PM
I'd prefer to give my man something that I KNOW he will like. Flowers are usually a generic gesture....only time I really like them is if I specify a certain type of flower and then he gives me them :)

I went on a date with a guy and we walked through a rose garden and there were some purple roses there. I said, "I love purple flowers!" and sniffed them.

A few nights later, we went to dinner and he gave me a bouquet a purple roses :DDD That was sweet.
 sddude
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/11/2012 3:50:22 PM
Never ask a guy what he would like that impresses him from a woman.... crazy sex and good food .
oh yeah never a complaint hahaha. yummy on both items.
 lobo65
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/11/2012 4:46:35 PM
I don't care that much for flowers. However if a woman I liked sent me some, I would make sure she knew that the gesture was appreciated. I would be just as happy with a new book, or a back rub when I get home from lifting weights.
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 48
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/11/2012 6:47:02 PM
that’s like asking if
men like pretty things that smell real nice
with petals that open and bits inside
that rise to the buzz of the bumblebee
and then shudder and sigh
and close for the night

- you can almost hear them laughing
 mrmisterme
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/11/2012 6:55:41 PM
I wouldn't want flowers at all.

I received gifts that I didn't need, didn't want and/or didn't like. I acted the same every time, though - make it seem that it's a great gift and thanked them for the thought.
 Maleman999
Msg: 50
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/11/2012 7:04:53 PM
Most guys only like flowers or plants they can smoke.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Giving a guy flowers....