Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Giving a guy flowers....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 juicyfruit21
Msg: 51
Giving a guy flowers....Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'd say gay. If you want to give a man something nice, bring him a good steak, 6 pack of beer and/or a BJ lol

A BJ???????????? Holy cow...NEVER would I have thought of THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO....
 sunriseguy5
Msg: 52
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/11/2012 7:41:29 PM
i don't see anything wrong with a girl giving a guy flowers. you don't have to be a girl or a florist to appreciate flowers, they look nice and have a pleasant scent. . . heck, if i got flowers from someone, i would put it in a vase and place it in the living room or dining room to add to the decor!
 MyNameWasTaken2
Msg: 53
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/11/2012 7:48:32 PM

Hmmmmm what a man what a man what a mighty fine man. :) I hear ya....that was the same thing I was thinkin' but hey....who am I??????????????????????????????????????

go figure! My perfect match is 1500 miles away! A Taurus that loves to play golf too! :)
 juicyfruit21
Msg: 54
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/11/2012 7:55:27 PM
go figure! My perfect match is 1500 miles away! A Taurus that loves to play golf too! :)

AWWWWW...thanks...just for that I'm gonna send you a flower! :)
 Vard√łger
Msg: 55
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/11/2012 8:26:42 PM
I would prefer my flowers, if so delivered
by the bewitching hands of the fairer sex,
be of a stout indica strain such as trainwreck,
from the heavy-hitting Pacific Northwest.
 quarked
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/12/2012 12:15:12 AM

Nothing wrong with giving a guy flowers. It's the thought that counts, right?

I would say guys that have a problem receiving them are probably insecure.

Pretty much this.
 foxonatrain
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/12/2012 12:23:55 AM
If a guy likes flowers, give him flowers. If a woman doesn't like flowers, why bother? Most guys don't care for flowers, it doesn't mean all of them don't. Who knows, he might be into botany.
 BlackJacket87
Msg: 58
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/12/2012 12:43:23 PM
I love most things nature; love waterfalls, flowers, trees, a NICE beach, animals, but...

if a woman gave me flowers for the first date, I'd most likely look at her like... "WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU". Just cause I think they look nice and everything doesn't mean I want them. I've got a cactus at home, but I honestly don't worry more plants to take of nor do I want to recieve them as a gift from a woman. I should be giving YOU flowers... or a cactus. Do women still appreciate flowers?
 MyNameWasTaken2
Msg: 59
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/12/2012 1:35:51 PM
Thanks for the flower juicyfruit21! Made me LOL.
 juicyfruit21
Msg: 60
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/12/2012 2:14:09 PM
Thanks for the flower juicyfruit21! Made me LOL.

You were my "first" Tex! LOL :) Never gave a guy a flower before in my life. Glad you liked it. :)
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 61
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 6/12/2012 6:31:22 PM
Hey I'm not even close to be gay. I had girl give me flowers it was acutaly nice. It seems like so many women think if anything is givin, then it has to be by a guy to them only. We too like a girl to take us out for dinner or even get a few flowers. I'm man enough not to worry what others think. If it makes me feel good like getting flowers then hell yeaaa do give me flowers.
 ComplekCity
Msg: 62
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 7/23/2012 9:25:54 AM
It's a nice gesture but I'd rather receive a six pack !
 PrinceAngel67
Msg: 63
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 7/31/2012 4:50:25 PM
This is so retarded..lol...im a manly mans man, and i like flowers i like getting them just as much as giving...where does it say that flowers were made for woman??? i guess if i say that i enjoy cooking, cleaning and decorating that makes me gay...please people if that isnt insecurity i dont know what is...i enjoy my tools and fixing stuff around the house too..every one is different and i guess it pertains to the likes and dislikes of certain individuals, i like flowers and im not gay ..Bottom line period, theres nothing wrong with a man wanting flowers i admire his sense of security..
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 64
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 7/31/2012 5:05:38 PM
I would take a prime rib over the flowers also.
Preferably cooked at her place.

However if a girl really wants to give me flowers...
A rose bush.
So I can plant it.
That would be cool.
After all, what can I do with a dozen dead ones?
 Attercop
Msg: 65
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 7/31/2012 5:13:41 PM
Any man asking for flowers is obviously MARRIED.

:joke:
 Janet_Always
Msg: 66
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 7/31/2012 5:20:41 PM
Flowers aren't even a big deal for me to get... though sweet when someone does it.

I think it's weird that he made of point of telling you what kind of "gifts" he wants...

is he also registered at Target?
 juicyfruit21
Msg: 67
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 7/31/2012 8:04:35 PM
Flowers aren't even a big deal for me to get... though sweet when someone does it.

I think it's weird that he made of point of telling you what kind of "gifts" he wants...

is he also registered at Target?

Target? Maybe LOL or Bed Bath and Beyond....

He didn't tell ME he wanted them from me...he was telling me a story about his ex wife...in that he used to buy her flowers and one day he asked her...."why don't you ever get me flowers?" I thought I'd bust a nut laughing at that one...and he just said...."guys like getting flowers." Hence our debate and discussion. Never heard of a guy wanting a flower or bunch of wild flowers....but on a side note....his ex did get him flowers a week later...and he said to her, "well this is nice, but it would have been nicer had you thought of it."

I am NO longer seeing this dude. He was a wacko.
 juicyfruit21
Msg: 68
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 7/31/2012 8:08:39 PM
This is so retarded..lol...im a manly mans man, and i like flowers i like getting them just as much as giving...where does it say that flowers were made for woman??? i guess if i say that i enjoy cooking, cleaning and decorating that makes me gay...please people if that isnt insecurity i dont know what is...i enjoy my tools and fixing stuff around the house too..every one is different and i guess it pertains to the likes and dislikes of certain individuals, i like flowers and im not gay ..Bottom line period, theres nothing wrong with a man wanting flowers i admire his sense of security..

Well there ya go....a manly man who likes his tools...and flowers too. Like I said...I just put this out here to see what others had to say...and I did get a lot of different perspectives. Glad you are a secure guy. What kind of a flower would you like from a woman? Rose, sunflower, pansy, or????????????? Just wondering.
 Choporis
Msg: 69
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 7/31/2012 11:18:51 PM

Never heard of a guy wanting a flower or bunch of wild flowers....but on a side note....his ex did get him flowers a week later...and he said to her, "well this is nice, but it would have been nicer had you thought of it."

I am NO longer seeing this dude. He was a wacko.

I really want to debate about this stereotype, but I just can't bring myself to imagine a man getting roses and be excited about it, hahaha!
I mean in all fairness, a man should be able to appreciate the joy of receiving any gifts just like anyone can.

For me, the only justified occasions for people gifting me flowers are if I am in a hospital, or as decorations for my place.
Other than that, I would much rather get a cactus or other miniature plants.
 Random_geek_01
Msg: 70
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 7/31/2012 11:26:48 PM
maybe he wants tulips har har
 surfaceofficer
Msg: 71
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 7/31/2012 11:44:38 PM
I got a single flower from a woman I had just broken up with once.

It was on my job, and I was mid task.

I dropped what I was doing and made out with her on the spot. Now this was small and a VERY long time ago, but the nature of the sentiment was still profound (otherwise I'd have forgotten it by now).

With so many women who believe that they needn't do anything monetary for a man...the small things mean a great deal to me. Had it not been wrapped, she could have pulled it from her garden and I would've felt the same gratitude.

Never mind that I had no use for a flower. To go get one and get it wrapped and give it to me meant so much more to me than anything else. Despite the years its been, I don't doubt that I would have the same reaction were something so thoughtful done for me without provocation.

I can cook my own steaks.
 CharminC
Msg: 72
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 8/1/2012 12:18:54 AM

What kind of a flower would you like from a woman? Rose, sunflower, pansy, or????????????? Just wondering.

Does it really matter? It's the thought that counts, isn't it?
It's always up to the man to give the flowers, take you out to dinner, hold the doors, etc .. etc. Fine and dandy, chivalry at its' finest!
But the small gesture of acknowledging the fact that yes, the man does also deserve a flower ! However "unmanly" it may seem to some of you. Nevertheless, he does deserve it.
 soo-girl
Msg: 73
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 8/1/2012 4:21:32 AM
I sent my boyfriend flowers for Valentine's Day. The florist made up a bouquet of white, purple, and orange flowers that was really quite stunning and not at all frilly or feminine. The boyfriend absolutely loved it. He said no one had ever given him flowers before. He took a photo of them as a keepsake and those flowers sat by his computer until long after they had died. He said even then he hated having to throw them away.
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 74
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 8/1/2012 9:18:05 AM
when I was just a little lad (that hasn't changed) a cute little girl gave me a butter cup....I kissed her and she slapped me......that hasn't changed either....
 juicyfruit21
Msg: 75
Giving a guy flowers....
Posted: 8/1/2012 10:19:46 AM
Giving a guy flowers....
Message: when I was just a little lad (that hasn't changed) a cute little girl gave me a butter cup....I kissed her and she slapped me......that hasn't changed either....

Was that a peanut butter cup??? or a butter cup flower??? LOL sorry you got slapped....and that things haven't changed for ya....LOL too funny....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Giving a guy flowers....