Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 70
You're young, you have time. Not good advice anymore.Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Sweetie, YOU are the one determining who is undateable and what are "deal-breakers." Because YOU chose not to have kids at a young age and did not make certain mistakes, you are now judging everyone who did as "undateable?" What on earth is preventing you from having the time of your life with someone who has been married and/or has kids? Oh, that's right, YOU are.

Your entire reasoning makes little sense. Some people heeded the advice, and have taken their time. Others have not. Now, according to you, you have "missed out" and others are "undateable." That's the world you have constructed.

Here's an entirely different scenario: people who made different choices in their 20s meet in their 30s. Both learned things in their own ways. They come together and make a great couple.

People who married young, had kids, and got divorced may make perfectly suitable partners now. It's not what they did then or whether they have kids now--the question is, have they learned? Have they grown up?

You are not entitled to an unspoiled partner who made the same choices you did. Your anger about this is irrational and might just lead a mature person to conclude that you are just really immature with an overblown sense of entitlement. Maybe that--not other people's choices--is the real problem you face.
 Mn84evR
Msg: 72
view profile
History
You're young, you have time. Not good advice anymore.
Posted: 2/18/2013 9:17:28 PM
LOL ... I'm young, and I have time. However, 'Time' isn't waiting around for me. Now 35 and have worked so hard at what I wanted, that the social scene is uncharted territory, and I think that everyone just wants to be my friend :)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >