Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Leaving me for religon...Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Anyone ever heard of something like this?

you mean heard of someone making an excuse to stop dating someone? of course. just a variation on 'it's not you, it's me' - in this case, 'it's not you, it's jesus.'
 coyotefeller
Msg: 3
Leaving me for religon...
Posted: 6/12/2012 1:10:00 PM
He's just young, hasn't learned to
multitask yet...I say tie him up and
show him how it's done !
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/12/2012 4:59:48 PM

'it's not you, it's jesus.'

Oh Christ!
That was good!!!
 Sillyandserious
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2012 5:34:13 PM
Ya...I am going with what others said.
You just got a variation of the "It's not you...it's me"
 NVMinerMan
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/13/2012 12:54:38 PM

'it's not you, it's jesus.'

Oh Christ!
That was good!!!

its Jesus, Christ!
 Walts
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/13/2012 4:08:59 PM
I know LOTS of people that do a quick 180 after they believe they "discovered" God, Jesus, or whatever. And these people are my age, old as dirt, so why wouldn't ya think a young thing can't "discover" something to new to "follow"????? It ain't hard to "believe" if you are actually looking for something to "believe" in. It's what most religons thrive on.

Me???? I'm stickin to the bottle. Hasn't failed me yet.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/13/2012 5:05:41 PM
I don't consider myself to be a good potential with someone who lists non-religious and will say this in a reply. It gives them a chance to explain further, some interpret it as not regularly attending church....a number of reasons. There has been a time or two I didn't catch it on their profile, but I will notice it sooner or later or something comes up in conversation. OP never said if they just were emailing, or ever met.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/14/2012 7:54:27 AM
I have broken off potential relationships because the guy was religions, but it usually had to do with the hypocrisy of sex--I can't see someone who wanted to have sex on Saturday night and then go ask for forgiveness on Sunday morning.

However, I am seeing a man who is an active churchgoer now. His beliefs vary from some traditional thoughts of Christianity, but we do not discuss religion because overall, I think religion is just silly.

OP, he might have used religion as an excuse to break up and maybe, he got the "call." Whichever, time to move on!
 neck romancer
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2012 9:40:02 AM
LOL yeah I have had a few Christians in my bed on a saturday night.. saying how they want me to meet their parents and spend our lives together.. then they break up with me on sunday after they go to church and feel all guilty for their sins they did with me on saturday.
BLARG!!! Jesus is the biggest****block ever!
 Walts
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:06:42 AM

I considered being a priest; I found out latter I enjoyed smoking, sex and drinking too much for that

Obviously ya haven't met enough "priests" yet???? You just filled out half of the requirements of the list!!!! :O
 rockondon
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2012 1:47:22 PM

Atheism is a belief system that is incompatible with many persons.
Yeah, and baldness is a hair color and not collecting any stamps is a hobby, lol.

Although, I partially agree with the last part, except it should be that many belief systems are incompatible with atheism.

If the person really was that religious that he would leave you for it, you should count yourself lucky that the relationship is over.
 Walts
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:14:36 PM

Haha, Watts, you mean bloody devil you.

I was once a practising "Catholic" too. I know wayyyyyyy tooooooo much about this church and their little rules that protect their own. I will give you that some are "trying" to get it back, but, they lost me for reasons that no one needs to hear. And no, nothing that I was personally involved with.

And yeah, I'll end up down there V V V V V,,,,sooner or later.

Buried,that is.
 NVMinerMan
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/16/2012 8:50:44 PM
guys that find God are gay. Id look for Mary, she is a virgin too!

not important, unique! gotta appreciate that.
vvvvvv
 NVMinerMan
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/17/2012 12:55:46 AM
^^^^^^
god knows everything dont he?
 DomG79
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/17/2012 2:16:31 AM

Lol I don't know whether to laugh or punch him.

You should have done both. If you didn't do either, I guess God protected you from making an example of him.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >