Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > not a cellphone a deal breaker?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LittleLisa03
Msg: 46
view profile
History
not a cellphone a deal breaker?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I used to be someone who was very dependent on my cell phone... but within the last 3 years haven't really used one at all. I moved to a new area for school & decided to focus more on my studies - I ended up just getting one of those prepaid phones. To tell the truth, I haven't put any minutes on it for about 6 months & its kind of nice not to have to jump up every time it rings, or run across the room to read a text message.

However, I am open to talking on the phone if it were the only way to communicate... but I'd rather just talk in person.
 happy_in_pink
Msg: 47
not a cellphone a deal breaker?
Posted: 6/30/2012 7:21:49 PM
Guys prefer texting. They ask you out, tell you they love you ect. all of the things that should be done in person. This country's population has become socially inept. Poeple are just gadgets. Look around the waiting room at a dental office, everyone is on their I-phones. I really do not like text vs a phone call.
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2014 2:07:03 PM
I would LOVE to meet a single woman (that I was attracted to) who did NOT have a cell phone!

Love it!

Problem is, there probably are not 50 single (that I would be attracted to), in the entire US of A, who do not own one.

Hell, nowadays, you'd be lucky if you can meet a woman who doesn't feel the need to CHECK her cell phone 10 times a day and who doesn't "need" for it to "on" during any "one on one" time. Never know when the ubiquitous "emergency" call might come in.........................

"The POTUS is on line 1, and he NEEDS the nuclear launch codes, RIGHT NOW!"

"There's a patient on the table in the operating theater, waiting for that liver that's being flown in from Chicago. The helicopter is on the hospital roof. They need her prepped for surgery, RIGHT now! Check please! Can we get these jalepeno poppers "to go"?
 Maleman999
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/27/2014 3:21:16 PM

I would LOVE to meet a single woman (that I was attracted to) who did NOT have a cell phone!

You might to have to go to a village in the jungles in Borneo for that. Even then. it could be iffy.
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2014 3:33:01 PM
^^^^

Maleman, you are 1014% RIGHT! LOL!
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2014 3:50:31 PM
Damn, I'm old enough to remember having a party line in our first couple of homes.
I remember back before answering machines.
I didn't have a cell phone (actually it was the family cell phone for trips) until something like 2007 or 8; and then until this year that cell phone was a prepaid trac-fone that still has over 4000 minutes. None the less, recently upgraded to something that does more than make phone calls - and costs much more.

Anyway, my first impression of the twit OP was this was a classic example of a self centered moron who sees the world as revolving around his every petty desire. The only reason to require a date a man/woman to have a cell phone is so that your need for instantaneous communication to be satisfied.
Try this, you fool, take the time and effort to plan a date and stick to it.
Try this, send a hand written letter, or card, instead of a txt. Bet that'll get noticed.

TK

[got more processing power hanging on my belt now than in the first computer I built a quarter century ago; better screen, too. Wow! Where's Buck Rogers and****Tracy?]
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > not a cellphone a deal breaker?