Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Online dating working for you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 just_a_zippo
Msg: 101
Online dating working for you?Page 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
not a big fan of the whole thing really. Just too many "sorta, kinda's and maybes".

easiest way to sum up online dating........

scroll through the forums and look at the topics and questions being asked

nuff said
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 102
Online dating working for you?
Posted: 7/18/2012 10:24:22 AM

OP, I view online dating almost like playing the lottery. You can't win if you don't play... This is even better though because it's free.

Yes...one day I may hit it big...lol

I look at this as just another way to potentially meet someone nice. Just up's the odds and widens the field of singles out there. And, the forums here are fun and informative too... Good luck

Good attitude. I like the way you think. I feel the smae.

...mae
 Fifi47
Msg: 103
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:47:12 PM
I seem to meet a lot of redneck good old boy types and/or younger men looking for Mrs. Robinson. Probably partly due to my location. Some of the profiles of men in larger cities appear to be too good to be true. I cannot believe they are online seeking dates.
 authenticoutlook
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/19/2012 6:27:24 PM
^^^ here in the city ... we don't buy the old too good to be true single city boys routine either! lol

It's not much better in the city. I generally go in interest spurts and usually end up in a not interested at all spurt, with meeting and dating. I have made a lot of like minded acquaintances I hear from now and again and that's about it for the most part. Most, live too far away from the city that I talk to. But it is nice to know there are some nice fellas out there going through the same thing as myself in the dating world and are genuine in their search for a relationship.

I Don't take the dating sites that seriously any more. I enjoy the forums though and am on more than one social network.

I think dating sites are becoming something of the past and something new will eventually evolve onto the scene most will try if not switch to. It's long over due!

At this age, I think it's better to join groups or clubs that your interested in or can meet people that have the same interests as yourself.

At least .... you get out of the house! LOL
 widowed_49042
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/19/2012 8:49:00 PM
I've been here for three years met one guy that actually looks like the pic he posted. Then have the ones whos say hi and then think you should talk dirty to them or meet them right away.in my opinion im begining to think this is a big joke and a waste of my time.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2012 8:50:14 PM
Why does the forums time out whenever you post something long? Not reposting again but the answer is no and the reason being most women are afraid or to self-centered.
I personally think women do not know what they want and if they do it isn't what they put in their profile..

Cougars should post the ages they are looking for, so should sugar daddys.

Stuck ups should post just athletic muscle toned beefcakes need apply.

Women of the night should post, cash only.

Users should post, just take me out so I can spend your money.

But you get the picture.... Post what you want and that way we can just skip right over you all-together.
 rbwdm
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/19/2012 9:52:50 PM
Nope. I had no idea women were so afraid of men and so hateful. Say "Hi" and get accused of being a pedophile. Seriously, its that bad.

Here is a clue to women: when you treat ALL men like aholes, the nice guys will leave, leaving only the aholes behind. Want to be treated with respect, then start treating the men with respect. It begins with this: if a guy has made an honest effort to contact you by sending you a message, then respond in kind. When you refuse to respond, it all goes downhill from there.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/19/2012 10:41:52 PM
Online dating brought me into contract with unsavory men I would never meet otherwise. But there's hope...

I met a wonderful man with whom I am developing a loving relationship. Wow! We both hid our POF profiles. I feel lucky and very happy. I knew what I wanted and was not willing to settle.
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/20/2012 6:41:07 AM

One guy was even handicapped and never told me until we met up.

I'm curious. Would have you gone on the date if he had told before you met up?
 stockbrokerbob
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2012 8:13:14 AM
i'd like to know what woman find attractive and seek out in a man besides the pictures??
 mjseek
Msg: 111
Posted: 8/20/2012 9:51:56 AM
My problem is that I am geographically undesirable, with a pond lacking the desirable fish that I seek but I've always thought of my abode as my fortress of solitude, but it now seems it has actually turned into my fortress of solitude I guess as in everything else it's all about location, location, location!
 justherefortheforum10960
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/20/2012 1:20:12 PM
Yes.

When I got divorced I met someone on one of the free sites (not this one) and we ended moving in together and were a couple for 2 years before we broke up. I dated online again after the break up for about 9 months before I met someone on POF (about 3 months ago) and we have decided to move in together in October. So yes, it can work.
 tuloa942
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/20/2012 4:21:45 PM
People need to keep in mind that when they say things like "men always...", "women never..." that is generalizing and is coming only from your own experience, not from truth.

Also, you could read through any of these posts and switch the gender and it would be what the other gender could say also.
Such as the men complaining about women being afraid, or expecting too much, blah, blah, blah, etc. There are women who would say the same about their experiences with the men.
 DoubleParked
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/20/2012 4:28:06 PM
I live in a small town. Not working for me. Don't want to drive over 50 miles to a 'meet and greet'. Better off IRL. Have corresponded with some nice guys though.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 115
Posted: 8/21/2012 4:15:55 AM
its a weeding out process..and certainly should not be the only source for finding a mate. I find the free sites to be more of a joke..while the paid sites have a better success rate in my opinion. Also, when you put all your faith in a 2x2 glossy, you're asking for failure. Because ppl. put so much emphasis on pics., you will find alot of them are not real. Look beyond the superficial and you may find that an average guy (not the best looking), may have the best personality and treat you very well. Of course, if you always gravitate towards the (bad boys), then that is what you will get.
 Fifi47
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/21/2012 4:54:13 AM
Average men to be seeking super models while griping that women never give them a chance.
 SparklingEyes67
Msg: 117
Posted: 8/21/2012 6:51:10 AM
Dutchman hit the nail right on the head. Online dating is seriously the worst way to meet people.

Time to get off the computer and go into the "real" world to meet someone. Too many people online hide behind their computer screens and don't take into account there is a real person on the other end. This gives them the opportunity to lie and pretend to be someone or something they are not. In the real world lying and pretending is alot more difficult and trickier.

Good luck to you!
 Paderic
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/21/2012 7:57:26 AM

Average men to be seeking super models while griping that women never give them a chance.

Unrealistic expectations seem to be common with online dating, but I don't see any evidence to support an argument that they are more prevalent in one gender over the other.
 vanityfair55
Msg: 119
Posted: 8/21/2012 8:03:29 AM
fifi47-You are so right, when you read their profiles of what their looking for than looking at their pics.Some people need to come back to reality!
 nativerock
Msg: 120
Posted: 8/21/2012 8:07:20 AM
Here is why it does not really work for me.
I am not in favor of casual sex from a purely spiritual perspective. By engaging in it with someone I do not love I am taking in some of his energy, which will in fact impact my experience. So for my own energetic welfare I just do not participate in it.

nativerock
 Sandy.911
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/25/2012 4:17:26 AM
Finding out your date has a handicap and posting your reaction to such will scare away any gentleman.
They would not be interested in someone who says she is making the best of it and at the same time posts something that is so insulting.

Go back to your insulated dream world!:modhammer:
 Ivy8
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/25/2012 6:42:24 PM
Not really worked for me. Been off and on a few years, haven't met anyone significant, or anyone with mutual interest in a relationship. More and more noticed on men's profiles 'wants to date but nothing serious' , looking for 'friends' which can be interpreted otherwise, and those looking for a 'special monogamous friend with no commitment'. Also noticed they want to chat or text, but not too interested in meeting.
But I remain hopeful.
 nlkh10
Msg: 123
Posted: 8/25/2012 8:19:12 PM
After being on dating web sites for almost 4 years and the encounters I've had, I'm giving up. There are too many insecure, selfish, self-centered people that don't care about the feelings of others.
 dardar
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2012 8:47:31 PM
I agree. I joined for the same reason alot of us has, but it's not all cracked up too be. Don't get me wrong I've chatted with alot of good people, but sometimes it's like a their therapist.
 nativerock
Msg: 125
Posted: 8/26/2012 10:43:05 AM

Not really worked for me. Been off and on a few years, haven't met anyone significant, or anyone with mutual interest in a relationship. More and more noticed on men's profiles 'wants to date but nothing serious' , looking for 'friends' which can be interpreted otherwise, and those looking for a 'special monogamous friend with no commitment'. Also noticed they want to chat or text, but not too interested in meeting.
But I remain hopeful.

Yes wants to date but nothing serious translated usually means just looking for a little poo tang..
looking for friends either means he is no longer functioning or is looking for the same thing as wants to date but nothing serious..GGG
Oh an the special monogamous friend with no commitment all boils down to the same old story..

However do remain hopeful just try and weed those out with what you write on your profile, it is unfortunate they all do not read them.. GGG
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Online dating working for you?