Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Online dating working for you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nativerock
Msg: 176
Online dating working for you?Page 8 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

What do you hope for? What is your expectation on a date?

It is my hope to find a man that I am attracted to in all ways, and my other hope is that he feels the same way..Obviously after meeting so many that turn into a no go, I stop and step back for awhile and decide to meet no one.. The reason I do that is to take a break because I no longer feel that hope.. When hope returns after a few months or a year I put a fresh foot in the water and meet gentleman..

I would be really disappointed if the man I was about to meet did not have some hope that the woman he is going to meet might possibly be the one he was looking for as well.. To me this means he is clearly ready to entertain the idea of another..

but most on these forums seem to either plan their children names before they meet, or have already determined they will never combine households under any circumstances.

Guilty as charged.. Before I ever met my husband or even really dated I knew I wanted children.. So naturally thought of names for boys and girls.. I pictured the white picket fence etc.. You have to have a dream to follow it, don't you? Yes many have decided to never combine households but I do not believe in every limiting my thoughts.. I also know I am a creature of habit and never half step, so it carries into my relationship that I certainly would not be half stepping there.. I am either in or I am out, but not half in or half out.

You are right, day trading options is getting close to being like gambling, far easier and safer to pick stocks and wait till news moves them. I am somewhat discouraged about my ability to trade options, yet I have an 80 year old friend that makes several million a year doing so. I can't quite master it even when I see it being done. Much more frustrating and more difficult than meeting the right person online. But you can say you are gambling about many activities, they aren't truly gambling unless they involve a high degrees of chance.

Yes nothing is hundred percent safe.. I remember Bell only too well.. Whoever thought that would happen like it did...But I was on top of it, thanks to hearing the chat but it is only a small aspect of my life and do not gamble with more than I can afford to lose and do it conservatively like I said..
Ask your 80 year old friend what he is doing.. The best way to get rich? Well ask someone that is a multi millionaire and just follow their lead..they have much to offer for advise..

Namaste
nativerock
 HDgal51
Msg: 177
Online dating working for you?
Posted: 9/8/2012 10:47:25 AM
Hell no. I'm tired of being blown off and tired of the men demanding how I must respond to them, and how I'm gonna feel when I meet them. What the hell is this crap anyway?
 HDgal51
Msg: 178
Posted: 9/8/2012 10:49:50 AM
I agree. I no longer initiate contact in any way. Never worked for me anyhow.
 Spring_weather
Msg: 179
Posted: 9/8/2012 11:15:07 AM
I have spoken with different gentlemen, and still not sure about any of them...
 enermai
Msg: 180
Posted: 9/8/2012 12:31:16 PM
I have met 5 guys since being here, and there's only been 1 that I would seriously have considered having a LTR with. Funny enough, he was the first one I met, about a week after joining POF (both of us joined at the same time) and he only lives 15 miles from me. We have gone on numerous dates and still see each other once a week for a movie night. He is also the guy I call when I need a date for a party or a wedding and vice versa! BUT - nothing serious. We both decided that there would be no intimacy until we're both 100% sure that we wanted to get serious. We both realized after about a month and a half of dating that we're not ready to be in a committed relationship and decided to just be friends. We enjoy being in each others' company and didn't want to give that up, but we also realized that we weren't in love. We have both seen other people, but I haven't been able to make the same connection I have with him with anybody else. Out of the other 4 I've met there wasn't one that I would even consider going into a committed relationship with. I'm not even just friends with them, there was just no attraction. I went on 2 dates with 2 of them, thinking that maybe the 2nd date would give me a chance to get to know them better and maybe do find an attraction, but it didn't happen.

So, does online dating work for me? I don't see it as online dating, but rather a tool to meet guys that I wouldn't meet any other way, as I do not go to bars and there's NO single guys in my church! Also, I live out in the sticks and single guys around here are very scarce OR the same age as my kids!
 TantricJedi
Msg: 181
Posted: 9/8/2012 12:40:10 PM
Great. I don't blame POF for not finding The One. Not at all.

I view POF as a tool to meet attractive strangers. I keep my expectations of meeting The One low but stay positive. Have fun.

I get first dates all the time.

I always joke these first dates don't always end up like 9 1/2 weeks or 50 Shades of Grey either!
 pleidian
Msg: 182
Posted: 9/8/2012 3:30:46 PM
I am also in a small town that is not close to where the action is. I have had a couple of meet ups which did not work out.I seem to see the same complaints from men: women only want to be chat buddies, hesitant to meet the men and a lot of men are finding women don't want ANY kind of intimacy. Don't know the reason for either so called problem but I find a lot of men are pretending they just want "a good woman" and that" it is what's on the inside that counts" but they aren't making any moves. Too bad we can't go back to the good ol days where we saw someone across a room that looked interesting and proceeded from there. Trying to plan,perhaps, the rest of your life from a picture is pretty tough...personalities really do count for a lot...
 HDgal51
Msg: 183
Posted: 9/8/2012 3:36:48 PM
I think age has something to do with it. If I was in my 40's I know I'd be dating a lot, but I'm 61 and no one, it seems, is interested enough to even keep the communication lines open long enough to even see if we want to meet. Sometimes I feel like I'm being used and if I say something they don't like, I never hear from them again. And they say in their profs their nice or great guys? Whatever!
 pleidian
Msg: 184
Posted: 9/8/2012 3:37:35 PM
I am also in a small town that is not close to where the action is. I have had a couple of meet ups which did not work out.I seem to see the same complaints from men: women only want to be chat buddies, hesitant to meet the men and a lot of men are finding women don't want ANY kind of intimacy. Don't know the reason for either so called problem but I find a lot of men are pretending they just want "a good woman" and that" it is what's on the inside that counts" but they aren't making any moves. Too bad we can't go back to the good ol days where we saw someone across a room that looked interesting and proceeded from there. Trying to plan,perhaps, the rest of your life from a picture is pretty tough...personalities really do count for a lot...
 DreamsHopeLight
Msg: 185
Posted: 9/8/2012 3:39:25 PM
Re: online dating is seriously the worst way to meet people

I would completely agree with this comment! It would be a lot easier to just meet a stranger at the library, or even the grocery store than to have any connection on here.
 slowboogie
Msg: 186
Posted: 9/8/2012 10:44:47 PM
Oh...........its different alright.
 NonamousDog
Msg: 187
Posted: 9/11/2012 12:34:28 PM
Well, strangely enough, meeting women online IS working for me.

Just not on POF.
 Plenty_of_FreeTime
Msg: 188
Posted: 9/11/2012 12:46:05 PM
At times online dating seems almost like a job interview,you send out feelers hoping to get your resume reviewed in a positive way....but more often than not, your feeler finds the circular filing cabinet.
It can and does sort of work,IF you're persistent enough!
 SouthernMoonstone
Msg: 189
Posted: 9/17/2012 8:47:14 AM
I'm new to POF but have successfully dated online (even long distance relationships) and find it is a good way to meet new people you would never have the opportunity to meet otherwise.
 barhead19
Msg: 190
Posted: 9/18/2012 5:17:17 AM
its not working for me!!! :-)
 wolfluvr1234
Msg: 191
Posted: 9/18/2012 6:04:19 PM
No, not at all...considering deleting my profile
 1964armymom
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2012 6:30:12 PM
For me I'd say its working. I haven't met 'the one', but I have met some nice men, had some fun dates, gained some experience and hopefully developed a better 'picker'.

Sure there has been bad experiences and a few weird and/or scary men, but overall its been a good experience.

IRL it's not so easy to meet men. I may try one of the singles events sometime soon.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 193
Posted: 9/18/2012 7:12:48 PM
SoHoTxChick

Remember it is a first meet and should just be half an hour and dutch. If you can arrange to see him arrive before he sees you, would be a good idea. DOnt let him know where you live or your full name. Hopefully you have actually spoken on the phone to a live person. Make it a place where you can do other things in case he doesn't show and in daylight.
 Just_Bob_4_U
Msg: 194
Posted: 9/18/2012 8:12:28 PM
I'm not having any luck yet. I just have to be patient, after all, I've just been on here a couple of weeks. Eventually that right person will come along and when I least expect it to happen.
 jojoaus
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2012 8:34:28 PM
I joined back in 2007. All up I met 9 men, and each one was a correct representation of their profile. I had a 2 year relationship from late 2007 to early 2010, and am now nearly 2.5 years in to what I hope is the last new relationship of my life. So for me, on line does indeed work. What blows me away is the number of misrepresentations most people come across here. Lies about age, weight, looks etc- I didn't find that at all. I may not have felt anything for some of them but that was my problem, not theirs.
 bella0800
Msg: 196
Posted: 9/26/2012 2:58:06 AM
his message is very clear, he has moved on.
 HDgal51
Msg: 197
Posted: 9/26/2012 5:55:11 AM
Still not working. I have not met one guy or even had an email from anyone who even comes close to what I want. Seems guys who are the opposite keep emailing me. I'd really like to get off of POF before I turn gray.
 searching4truelove00002
Msg: 198
Posted: 9/26/2012 3:28:28 PM
well Sue0987, he probably got caught by his wife or girlfriend, deleted, or hide his profile so youcan't see, or contact him..another jerk,making the rest of us look bad.....move on my dear..
 ComplekCity
Msg: 199
Posted: 9/26/2012 3:32:32 PM
Nope, apparently I'm not good at it
 ComplekCity
Msg: 200
Posted: 9/26/2012 3:55:59 PM

It would be a lot easier to just meet a stranger at the library, or even the grocery store than to have any connection on here.

Absolutely correct because in person you can't simply click on to another profile so they will actually take the time and find out " oh , I think I like this person ".

It's like a tv remote control constantly surfing the channels instead of giving a show a chance....poor lonely tv shows....SOB
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Online dating working for you?