Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Blueberryeggos
Msg: 68
She just wants to be friends for now. Is there hope?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Move along. Ive been there before and its a dead end. I have several female friends, none Ive met online. She'll go on dates here and there, meet someone and contact will dwindle to nothing. Dont bother with "casual friends" dates either, youll end up paying for drinks,coffee or dinner anyway as if you were dating.
 Blueberryeggos
Msg: 69
She just wants to be friends for now. Is there hope?
Posted: 9/1/2012 9:04:50 PM
Move along, but dont be an ass about it and burn the bridge.......she may have single friends
 stovo82
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/23/2012 11:36:21 PM
She is playing games with you and is not worth your time. Friend zone is bad rejection. Stop texting/calling her and have n0thing to do with her.
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/24/2012 1:55:26 AM

Is there hope?

Not a chance in the world old son!

And.. if you hang around hoping things might change, as she cries on your shoulder night after night about her treatment at the hands of the endless parade of 'bad boys' she's been dating instead of you, you've officially become a surrogate girlfriend and you must hand in your 'man card'. lol

Don't torture yourself.
 LinuxD
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2012 3:19:47 AM
Go out with her as friends and make sure she pays her way unless you feel like footing the bill and while out ask her opinion on various gals you come across or ask a gal for her number in front of her. Her reaction will be telling enough.. if she throws a hissy you can always say "Wait, I thought you wanted to hang out as "friends".

good luck
 Wolfpath
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/26/2012 9:32:58 PM
The friendship lines.
Usually means one of a couple of things.
She doesn't know what a real relationship is, having never experienced one.
At best your back burner material or wing buddy.
She REALLY liked you, but shes still dreaming of the guy with the silver armor and the white horse.
 AstroCat505
Msg: 74
Posted: 9/27/2012 12:53:46 PM
Here is what I would do:

1. Set up a second date/meeting as her friend.
2. Polish up your appearance for said date.
3. Make it to date.
4. Be her friend on date. (Keep it platonic, don't let on that you want anything more than that.)
5. While on date with your new female friend, tactically flirt with the waitresses and/or chat up a few female patrons while on your way to or from the restroom. (Incite a little competitiveness and or weak jealousy in your lady friend)
6. Return to your friend and continue with the friendly banter and convo.
7. See step 5 and 6, rinse and repeat.
8. Pay attention to the mannerisms of your counterpart and see if she starts to change the direction of your supposed friendly date.
9. Run analysis of results, if no change in her attitude towards you then you should return to step number 5 and try to get some numbers of these women you have been talking with...
 ro1970
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/27/2012 5:55:08 PM
once you get placed in the friendzone, there is NO getting out of it.

I know that one from experience as I have been placed there more times than I care to count.
 _autumn_angel_
Msg: 76
Posted: 9/27/2012 6:09:12 PM
OP, I've done this to 2 guys and I sincerely wanted to be friends with them because our first date was fun and we clicked as friends. I meant what I said and only wanted their friendship and had no intention of it progressing to anything more OR friends with benefits, lol. They were 100% friend-zoned! I was not attracted to them but liked them as people. One thought that we'd end up together so I had to cut him loose as to not lead him on, and the other is still my platonic friend.

Good luck!
 JoyHartz
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2012 6:48:56 PM
Acredito que o mais certo é acreditar no segundo encontro e fazer o seu melhor. Sempre que digo que quero ser amiga , mas dou espaço para um segundo encontro, significa que quero conhecer melhor este homem... Acredite em si mesmo!
 singlelifeok
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2012 7:02:41 PM
Why is being" friends for now" bad? Could it be she feels like he's still a stranger? Most likely she wants to know more about what makes him laugh, happy or sad and what he's passionate about. The things that are important to you should matter to him also. If he doesn't care about the earth and you do, why bring conflict together?
I don't understand how one meet would tell you if you wanted to date someone. I think it can tell you if you want to get to know them better or not. When you do fun things together or do a few chores you learn things that will help you decide if you're a good match or not.
 vancitygurl78
Msg: 79
Posted: 9/27/2012 7:43:04 PM
Usually when 2 ppl go out on date there's attraction between the 2 ppl rite off the bat. Physical attraction and sexual attraction. In ur case u had both but she didn't.

It happens. There's nothing that can be done about it. That's why it's sometimes a good idea to get to know a person for few weeks to few months to see what kind of a person they are. If we start meeting ppl too quickly, we're not giving enough time in getting to know them phase.

Did u guys share pictures b4 u guys met up?

I went out on a date with a guy from POF. I had just broken up with my ex bf 2 weeks prior to meeting this guy. Too soon? yes it was?

He wanted a relationship and well I texted him and told him that I wanted to be friends and nothing more cuz I wasn't attracted to him at all. I didn't feel the connection there whatsoever. It happens.

Cut ur losses and move on
 Lionesse19
Msg: 80
Posted: 9/28/2012 4:24:28 AM
She may be being cautious and does not want to enter into a sexual relationship too soon with a guy she met on a dating site. She may have others on the string and leaving her options open. You can usually tell if someone is attracted to you by the way. If she does not agree to a first date and that is what it is, then move on. The chemistry and attraction is usually there to a large degree at the first meeting but you wont know, until you call her and ask her out. Do not text but speak personally.
 OjosAzules777
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/16/2012 1:11:22 AM
Sure, Just keep on doing what you are doing. But don't persue her at all. #1) She could be using "the friend" thing because she needs to make up her mind about other men (doubt it ). If I got that I'd say cool and leave it at that. If she wants to do something 2) "Friend Zone-is now in the European Union-"Dutch" . Don't pay a damned dime. Other than that ditch her # and "keep on , keepin on..."
 OjosAzules777
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/16/2012 1:26:52 AM
Here is what I would do:

1. Set up a second date/meeting as her friend.
2. Polish up your appearance for said date.
3. Make it to date.
4. Be her friend on date. (Keep it platonic, don't let on that you want anything more than that.)
5. While on date with your new female friend, tactically flirt with the waitresses and/or chat up a few female patrons while on your way to or from the restroom. (Incite a little competitiveness and or weak jealousy in your lady friend)
6. Return to your friend and continue with the friendly banter and convo.
7. See step 5 and 6, rinse and repeat.
8. Pay attention to the mannerisms of your counterpart and see if she starts to change the direction of your supposed friendly date.
9. Run analysis of results, if no change in her attitude towards you then you should return to step number 5 and try to get some numbers of these women you have been talking with...

One word: GAMES, -SEE LINES 5,6,7 & 8

Line 9: Sigmund Freud , data collection, and weak attempts at making this female jealous.
GREAT ADVICE !
 simon4567
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/18/2012 12:22:21 PM
"There can be no true despair without hope" - Bane

Give up all hope, and maybe something will fall in your lap.
 DempseySR32
Msg: 84
Posted: 10/29/2012 11:14:46 AM
OP don't play that friend zone bs game. Cut her off and never speak to her again.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/29/2012 12:34:58 PM
autumn_angel,

<div class="quote">OP, I've done this to 2 guys and I sincerely wanted to be friends with them because our first date was fun and we clicked as friends.
"Clicked as friends"? lol You mean you weren't attracted to them.

Basically, any guy in that situation should just cut the cord. The only reason that he shouldn't is if the gal has many female friends, and he could increase his social pipeline in the realm of good looking women, etc. He should not continue at all if he has a notable attraction (or more) to her, or if he is to be a one-on-one friend. It's not going to work, and an idiotic waste of time.

If a guy tries to friend-zone a girl -- he should not be shocked if (usually after a couple drinks) flirts with him. It's dumb, dumb, dumb for a guy & girl, after a first date, to try and be one-on-one friends after that and hang out one-on-one platonically -- only an idiot would be "shocked" to find out they liked them. It's a waste of time.
 sigungq
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/30/2012 7:31:25 PM
You've been consigned to the "just friends" zone. Forget her, and move on. If you're a "nice guy", may I suggest you get her a dog. They make wonderful friends.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >