Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > deleted conversations, in your inbox?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Guypersonusername
Msg: 26
view profile
History
deleted conversations, in your inbox?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
The conversation was only like a couple days old, and I had just sent a message in it not too long before it all vanished.
 Guypersonusername
Msg: 27
view profile
History
deleted conversations, in your inbox?
Posted: 12/5/2013 5:35:43 PM
Ah jeez. Ok. I was blocked. I... don't know why. I said keep at it, don't worry, because her about me gave the impression that she was going through some stuff. She said thanks, how's the fishing been? I said fine, basically, went into a bit of detail as to why it wasn't going perfectly. She said but you seem so intelligent, though. I gave some reasons why I supposed I wasn't super successful with this in the past. She said I would've never expected you to be shy, because that was one of the things I guess I said holding me back, and I said Yeah, but I'm trying not to care so much about that now. And then the messages dissapeared some time after that. So. I dunno. What did I do wrong here, if anybody could guess at it?
 agoraphobic_insomniac
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/18/2014 3:32:40 PM
They. Blocked. You.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/18/2014 3:46:13 PM
Messages, both sent and received, are deleted by the site automatically after 29 days.
 Islandlove.xo
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/22/2014 2:01:17 PM
So if they deleted their account , why is the reply option
Available ? Does that mean they can see messages still ?
 forum_moderator
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2014 4:20:38 PM

So if they deleted their account , why is the reply option
Available ?

More than likely because the site hasn't accounted for that scenario - sloppy coding is all that it is. Even if you were to attempt a reply, it's not going to go anywhere since there is no account for it to go to.

Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS ||
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/22/2014 5:16:37 PM
And sloppy is as sloppy does. . .

Even when attempting to send a message with no username in the To: field, the site will still return with the Message Sent! system response.
 SandraC89
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/7/2014 5:16:34 AM
I'm not sure if I was blocked. The guys profile is still there, but messages are gone. He was gone from my top prospects, but is now back on it.
We really hit it off, but then I guess I offended him because I wouldn't send dirty pictures. (Will never happen). Anyone has any idea? I'm still new to using POF and haven't learned about this yet.
 Bobby Z man
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/7/2014 5:28:42 AM
Sounds like he may have blocked you. (?) Maybe had his profile hidden too then unhid it. (?)

Try sending him a photo of a sink full of greasy grimy dishes. :-)

Seriously though, sounds like you are much better off having the conversation eliminated. Plenty of good folk out there, just a tough job weeding out the noxious ones.
 SandraC89
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/7/2014 7:15:25 AM
He always hides it and then un hides. Truly odd. I know I hid mine as well, but have no idea if the conversations delete on their end. We had great conversations for days (very lengthy) on kik, but then I got annoyed when he kept asking me to photobomb revealing pictures. I think it was a blow to his ego since he said I made him feel weird about asking when I was leading him on. I never did that.

Yes they are many great guys out there, but I keep coming across the offensive ones. I wish I could report a guy based off of the crude comments sent to me. I block them instead.
 Bobby Z man
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/7/2014 7:36:25 AM
Hiding should not remove conversations. Blocking can/will and then he could have unblocked you.

There is a “Report User” link at the bottom of every profile. Click it and follow the instructions. Also do a thread search about reporting users. You should also be able to report inappropriate messages right from the message itself. Again, do a thread search on the subject. Lots of questions already answered in them.
 charlesewynn
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/8/2014 4:23:51 AM
How do I delete members messages who has contacted me in the past?
 agoraphobic_insomniac
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/8/2014 5:52:46 AM
Messages can be deleted one of three ways.

1. Automatically deleted after or about thirty days.

2. Open message, scroll to bottom of reply box, click "Delete conversation".

3. Go to Inbox. Far right of screen. Select message, click "Delete selected".

This works from a PC, not sure about the apps.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/30/2014 5:18:25 PM

Has he blocked me??

If you can see the messages he has not blocked you, but either deleted his profile or was deleted from the system.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/31/2014 2:06:04 PM
If the original messages where older than ~20 days the system will auto delete.

He might have blocked and then unblocked you.

Just send him a message, if you do not know what to say in your message then you have no reason to send a message so you can just move on.
 bobby_z_man
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/9/2015 7:18:13 AM
Let me preface this reply with by stating that I do not use a phone app so my answers and sugestions are based on being on the site via computer or when accessing it on my phone I use the regular site in the browser. I had the android app a few years ago and it was loaded with issues so I dumped it. I have never downloaded it again.

If they say that you blocked them, how are they telling you this? In other words, if they get a message when they try to contact you that they are blocked then the message will not send. Check your list of users on your block list and see if they appear. If not, they are not blocked. Are you in contact outside the POF messaging system? If so, I would stick with that.

So, either it is a glitch (phone app or computer) or they are lying since being blocked dose just that, blocks the person from sending messages.
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/9/2015 7:50:10 AM

I don't even know how to block someone or where to find my list of "blocked" people

EDIT: I found block list and no-one is blocked..

Did you check ALL your profile "mail settings", and the age of the person that said they thought you "blocked" them?

They may have gotten that stock message of something like "this user does not accept emails from people like you"...

Their return email may not have gone through for many reasons, it may have contained "illegal" words, the system may have temporarily stopped their emails as being similar to "spam" ( too many in a short time period ).

When they say you "blocked them", just assume that their email did not go through normally, IF they actually sent it.

S
 use_whose_name
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/29/2015 7:10:04 AM
Okay, one of my conversations just disappeared -- both the Inbox messages and the Seng Msg messages. Her profile is still there. I sent her a message, she responded, and then I sent her another message. When I checked PoF this morning, the whole conversation was gone. Our short conversation occurred yesterday (so definitely not more than 20 days ago). Her profile is still there. I checked my entire inbox and outbox. She even shows up in my contact history. According to the following list, the only logical conclusion is that we blocked each other. Funny. I don't remember hitting the "Block this user" button, and she doesn't show up in my "Blocked users" list.

All Inbox Messages gone, but Sent Msg Messages present = You E-Mail Blocked them

All Sent Msg Messages gone, but Inbox Messages present = they E-Mail Blocked You

All Inbox Messages present, but User Name removed = User deleted Account.

All Inbox & Sent Msg Messages disappeared = User deleted by the Admin

All Inbox & Sent Msg Messages disappeared = Flushed by the System after 20 Days

Read Mail in Inbox has disappeared = They appear after all the "Unread" ones.

Notification but no E-Mail in Inbox = Refresh Browser Page / Hold , hit F5

Sent Msg disappeared = Contact Restrictions and/or Profile or User Errors.

What's going on? I wish PoF would be straightforward and stop playing games with my messages.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/29/2015 7:36:15 AM
Have you tried to send her a message and if so what happens?

All Inbox Messages gone, but Sent Msg Messages present = You E-Mail Blocked them

All Sent Msg Messages gone, but Inbox Messages present = they E-Mail Blocked You
\

Where did you get this information?

Because if I block someone, all messages go away, both sent and received.
 bobby_z_man
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/29/2015 9:37:06 AM
use_who,
It sounds like you were blocked since the profile is still visible. Blocking changes back and forth between deleting conversations on one side and deleting all conversations. Like so many things on this site, it is inconsistent. Over the years here I've been blocked and have blocked with different results as to what conversations were left and what disappears.

I have to ask too, where is that list from? It sounds familiar(???). If you saw it in a forum post I congratulate you for finding it in your quest for answers. But, if it is more than a few months old, don't count on its reliability. The site is very glitchy and the administration changes thing constantly.

A few things you can try.
Go to the profile and click on the "Message (user name) Now!" green button at the bottom of the profile page, not the "Send Quick Message" button under the main profile picture. When you click the one at the bottom of the profile if you were blocked it usually says so and won't allow you to compose. Again, not always the case as there have been reports that it sometimes won't indicate you were blocked until you hit the send button.

If you already had them on your favorites list and they blocked you they should be gone from it now. If you did not have them marked as a fav go to their profile and mark them as a favorite. If you are blocked the profile should not show up in you favs list.

When you look in your contact history, click on the green "Send Message". See if your conversation is there. Sometimes you can see the whole conversation (or the portions of it less than 30 days old) even if blocked. Not guaranteed though. Again, the site is a little flaky. If the conversation opens, you won't be able to reply if you are blocked.

Lastly, or possibly the first thing, you should send them a note and state that the conversation strangely disappeared. You have nothing to lose! If you are blocked it will not go thru, will not show in your message history in the sent folder nor the contact history with them. It will not show up in their in box. If it does go thru and the previous conversations strangely disappeared on their side too they may be having the same questions and wondering what happened to you.

If you find out you are blocked just chock it up to experience and move on. Who knows why they blocked you? The reasons are as numbered as the number of blocked profiles. It simply isn't worth the grief after only a few notes.

Good luck.
 bobby_z_man
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/29/2015 10:56:32 AM
D'OH!!
I knew that list sounded familiar!!!
If HFX_RGB or I had looked thru this thread, mainly the first page, it was the fifth post, by Blah_User_Name. I even have a couple posts on page two.

The posting date of that list was June 2012. That was over 2-1/2 years ago. So, like I said, way too old to be reliable information. It was likely a good list then but also has changed an unknown number of times since. Heck, tomorrow that may be exactly how it will be done again only to change again next week.

duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/29/2015 2:26:02 PM
I have trouble taking seriously anything on here that happened this morning,
life moves on so fast in this modern world............

Moi?

Mz_Dressup
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/15/2015 5:45:34 PM
How can what be fixed? Your two posts make no sense. Try one more time, clearly.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/15/2015 6:59:28 PM
She's given out the user name of the person who has messaged her and those messages are gone and wants to know if it can be fixed.

First up, you should not mention other users unless you are addressing them in same thread. However, because there's no mods now, people break the rules freely.

Secondly, messages older than 20 days are auto deleted. If no messages exist to and from then you have been blocked. Hope this helps.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/11/2015 2:58:04 AM
....Sounds like the Site nuked him.....
Obv they didn't like something.

Move on, there's others to play with.........

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > deleted conversations, in your inbox?