Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > deleted conversations, in your inbox?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 48
deleted conversations, in your inbox?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
How can what be fixed? Your two posts make no sense. Try one more time, clearly.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 49
deleted conversations, in your inbox?
Posted: 5/15/2015 6:59:28 PM
She's given out the user name of the person who has messaged her and those messages are gone and wants to know if it can be fixed.

First up, you should not mention other users unless you are addressing them in same thread. However, because there's no mods now, people break the rules freely.

Secondly, messages older than 20 days are auto deleted. If no messages exist to and from then you have been blocked. Hope this helps.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/11/2015 2:58:04 AM
....Sounds like the Site nuked him.....
Obv they didn't like something.

Move on, there's others to play with.........

Moderate_Recall
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/23/2015 6:47:29 PM
No.

Unless you have their contact information ( if they were real ) they are gone.

Best to never waste more than a week of just emailing someone at their profile here without getting any other contact info. Too many can just vanish for one reason or another.
 SunshineInMyHair
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2016 6:16:01 AM
All Inbox and sent messages gone to and from one user. His profile still active and have not blocked this user. Has only been a week not 20 days. This user also vanished yesterday from my Top Prospects and reappeared today and first date of contact listed as today. It also indicates on his profile that he had not contacted me by email however we had numerous conversations. Is there a problem with the email system?
 jim27106
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2017 8:30:23 PM
Now you've posted this they are going to have to change it. You spoil sport, thwarting the plans of the system administrators.

NOTE: The above was facetious.

A semi-competent system designer would have the program directly tell us users what is showing and why. In addition, it is very rude to delete data that I'd previously entered. Since I know POF.com deletes data randomly (from my point of view - if a user has contact restrictions or errors or a different user blocked me - it is random.) I save it on my computer. Save your own copy before you click on send.
 Jack_Of_Roses
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2018 1:33:36 AM
I have exchanged around 30 messages with someone over the past week, and today I find that only the last 10 messages (5 each way) remain, and none of the earlier ones are there anymore. None were deleted by me or the other person. It has not been 20 days. I'd wanted to copy them into a Word document to not lose, but they disappeared overnight. Is there also a limit on how many messages are saved?
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > deleted conversations, in your inbox?