Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What should you do if you find your boyfried created a POF profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lynney
Msg: 51
view profile
History
What should you do if you find your boyfried created a POF profilePage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
holy crap to all the people that automatically went to "dump him, he's cheating."

Why not just try asking him? There are options on this site for "friendship" etc, so you can't automatically jump to conclusions.

That being said, if his profile says "single", "looking for a relationship", etc....I'd say the two of you have some talking to do.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 52
What should you do if you find your boyfried created a POF profile
Posted: 6/19/2012 6:42:01 PM
I would dump the cheater!
 vagabondsheart
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/19/2012 8:05:02 PM
Just post a profile of your own, and then add him to your favorites...ok ?
 nycblonde728
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/19/2012 9:02:58 PM
Well since we are on our second recent thread about boyfriends with pof accounts...ya know...for "friends" they can't find elsewhere; I'd like to add I saw a whole new one I saw tonight.

A guy advertising for dates because his girlfriend is in another country, and hoping to find a girl as a "friend" who can eventually convince him she's the better choice-- so he can leave her for a new girl. she's too busy for him and he's bored.

takes all kinds.
 ExitingTheStage
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/19/2012 10:00:01 PM

I came on POF to take the chemistry test because a friend said it was cool. I had heard that my current boyfriend had been on POF before. I searched for him and found him with an active profile seeking a relationship. What should be by next move?

Create a fake profile and start a seductive POF relationship with him... while planning a trap for your first date with him.
Strategically park the getaway car.
 Newport_Beach_Boy
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/19/2012 10:39:35 PM
Have a friend whom he doesn't know contact him and see how he reacts.
 trinitytrinitytrinity
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/20/2012 12:37:18 AM
talk to him about it, don't ever assume.
 mon2169
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/20/2012 4:29:04 AM
Just dump him. Save yourself a lot of heartache.
All men may not cheat, but every man I've had a relationship has so far and I'd say 90% of the men my friends/coworkers are or were with also cheated.
Once I find out they have cheated , it's just over.
So if any man thinks they have something good, they should really consider if it's worth losing over a pof date.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/20/2012 6:01:08 AM

All men may not cheat, but every man I've had a relationship has so far and I'd say 90% of the men my friends/coworkers are or were with also cheated.

You and your friends make TERRIBLE choices in men. Or maybe you and your friends are just really terrible people. Guys who cheat ARE NOT that common
 Capn_America
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/20/2012 6:26:10 AM

So tired of being generalized and categorized....stereotyped...the whole nine yards

Hell, I'm even tired of the WHOLE nine yards. I'd take half at this point

You and your friends make TERRIBLE choices in men

That would indeed indicate it to be the most logical conclusion. Maybe try dating outside your type.

Guys who cheat ARE NOT that common

While it IS more common for men to cheat than women, in general, I fully endorse this statement. Most people I know have never cheated, those who have did it only once, and regretted it to this day. So to say most men cheat, is either a flat out lie caused by pain of having had that done a few times to oneself, or a misconception based on watching WAY too much Dr.Phil...
 good_catch77
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/20/2012 8:50:34 AM

Now are these proven facts or just listening to the bs? Listening to the rumors, bitter people, etc. But 90% is rather high of a number. I could bet that if I post a stat of 90% of any woman or type of woman...I'd have to provide valid proof not just from a random website or hearsay.

The fact is some men and some women cheat. Neither gender is "right" with their choice to cheat.
 catfa51
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/20/2012 9:24:49 AM
What he did was wrong but there are other sites to take these personality tests on..
 Fleuron
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/20/2012 10:03:15 AM

I say hang him by the balls and while holding a large caliber weapon to his forehead,,,,,,,,question him

I’ve found that to be a very effective way to get a man to talk.
 Capn_America
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/20/2012 10:26:13 AM

I’ve found that to be a very effective way to get a man to talk

True...but talk truthfully?
Someone has ME by the balls can be guaranteed no truth will be coming out of my mouth lol. If I`m to get my brains splattered or my balls stretch, I`m going out with a shred of dignity at least
 denag123
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2012 11:28:56 PM
dump him hes fishin 4 something new
 CharminC
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/21/2012 7:05:47 AM

I once met a guy on POF, and dated him for a while - he started talking about future marriage, yada yada. I went away on a trip to visit my sister, and when I came back found he'd used my computer to access (or start?) his POF account under a different name. So I created a profile and emailed him to find out if he'd mention me - he didn't, he declared himself single and unattached, when I asked him directly. So, we parted ways.

I would do something much like this but keep the online rapport going just to fwak with his head for shyts and giggles. After all I want to end this with me happy. Why should I be sad and miserable because of HIS cheating behavior.
 Lks2bhappy
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/21/2012 3:57:15 PM
Realize he is looking to dump you and move on before he does it. beat him to the punch so to speak
 larissan04
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/22/2012 8:37:17 PM
ask him to delete it or end the relationship if he does not. if he is not active on here, then he shouldn't have an issue with deleting it. i bet you he's talking to other women, and just "seeing what's out there, " which means he's still looking.
 knt3
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/22/2012 8:53:16 PM
The "Original Poster Fish" has left the pond.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/22/2012 9:10:41 PM
It's weird how so many people are quick to jump to say he's cheating, he's looking for someone else, and to dump him... Like it's all the guy's fault in this situation...

First off, without knowing the user name that he was using, she had to have actually searched through profiles to accidentally find him. You all use this site, you should all know that.

OP and the guy are made for each other. Both of them are coming to dating sites.

Also, about making your profile to take the personality test... No you didn't. NOBODY is on PoF because they wanted to take a personality test.
 gtc01smith
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/23/2012 1:51:49 PM
I would say ask him about it. If it shows he has been active, find someone else. There is obviously something missing in the relationship. A friend of mine signed up after finding out he was online so she opened an account to see if it came up that they were compatible, guess what? They were. She forgot to close the account and only used it to send him the message that they were compatible, and he was livid. So it can go both ways.
 Caballos
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2012 2:27:03 PM
Curve, KICK (big kick), over.
Once a cheat, always a cheat, especially when they go out of their way to hunt for "companionship". Sounds harsh but don't waste your life!
 DallasSBF
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/23/2012 3:01:58 PM
Create a profile that will fall in his match box. SEE if he says something. BUT print off his profile with the date on it.
 WildDNA
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/23/2012 3:15:11 PM
BOTH of you have profiles active or not you are both set up with the capability of looking at someone else.

As far as I am concerned. Had you found him with a profile and you didn't have one? I'd say show him the door and move on.

Seeing that you both have profiles only one is looking one is not? One was found out and you??? told him you had a profile still? Could be the reason he got his. The way I see it once you have found someone and are dating on a regular basis, then it's time to delete the POF profile. No if's and or buts!
 christyis4real
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/23/2012 3:26:09 PM
I'd kick him in the nuts..first off
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What should you do if you find your boyfried created a POF profile