Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What should you do if you find your boyfried created a POF profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 christyis4real
Msg: 75
What should you do if you find your boyfried created a POF profilePage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I'd kick him in the nuts..first off
 Jason022679
Msg: 76
What should you do if you find your boyfried created a POF profile
Posted: 6/23/2012 3:32:34 PM
You came on POF to take a chemistry test? Really? Maybe he was doing the same! lol
 billc1234
Msg: 77
Posted: 7/10/2012 1:09:05 AM
simple....DUMP HIM...if he is looking on a dating site, he sure is hell, is looking elsewhere too....either he doesnt have the guts to tell you to your face that he is not happy(lack of respect) ...or he wants to walk out of one relationship, and into another, without ever having to be alone for any period of time...in any case, he is a jerk, and you deserve better
 rockondon
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2012 1:31:29 AM
Everyone on this thread who posted that reeseinmiami should dump him is an idiot.

'I'm only here for the chemistry test' is the stupidest lie I've ever heard. She had her profile for 3 months and it clearly stated "Intent: Reesesinmiami is looking for a relationship."
Its obvious to anyone who bothered to read that she was not being faithful.

And she wanted to know why her boyfriend was doing something and your response is to dump him? What a great first response! That's much better than say, asking him. That's right, communication is so overrated in a relationship - you better dump right away before attempting to learn or understand why he's doing what he's doing.

I was half expecting the boyfriend to start a thread like 'I came here for the chemistry test and saw that my girlfriend reeseinmiami has had her profile here for 3 months and..."
 TGIM
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/7/2012 8:17:55 PM
Dump him, he's a player!
 betteroffsingle
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/8/2012 11:28:45 AM
Not boyfriend related but (ex) wife related:

I knew nothing about this place until the first of this year. Once here I realized I had seen the fish symbol before.....in the task bar on my ex's laptop. I never asked what it was for as I was clueless. She played a ton of games on her laptop and was signed up with numerous game sites....I just figured it was a quick launch for one of those. Fast forward to us separating/divorcing and it all became clear. No telling how long she had had been surfing here........and I assure you her presence here had nothing to do with these forums as she thought forums in general were stupid as I frequented many albeit not dating related. And who it winds up she is with is no one from this site.........he was a very close personal friend of ours.....who left his wife and two sons to shack up with her. Live and learn..............
 TightBoxers
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/11/2012 10:10:03 PM
Step 1. Make a fake account with a women you think is attractive to him.
Step 2. Message him.
Step 3. Find out what he is up to.
Step 4. Love him more or leave him.
Step 5. Never tell him what you did!

Be careful. Be smart. Make the profile seem legit. Let him do most of the talking.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/24/2012 8:09:37 PM
I love these threads... A girl just happens to have an account here and then randomly stumbles on her boyfriend's profile.

We really should start telling them that he's looking for a girl he can trust since she's the type of person that's making profiles on dating sites.
 KER6969
Msg: 83
Posted: 12/19/2012 8:08:57 AM
Dump him and fast!! He clearly is a cheater and will never change.
 brimau
Msg: 84
Posted: 12/19/2012 9:47:09 AM
Most of us on pof are not in a relationship because........?
there are reputable sights that will give you un-biased advise or......
Follow your own gut feeling. I guarentee you it will not lie.
 Maleman999
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/19/2012 1:12:08 PM

Msg 102: Dump him and fast!! He clearly is a cheater and will never change.

The exact same thing can be said about the OP. She has a profile on POF. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
 Bella_RF
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/19/2012 2:21:54 PM
I am saying what a lot have....dump him especially before you get caught up in him. Trust me on this one. I never used to believe it but now I do...once a cheater always a cheater. Also shows low self confidence and/or esteem and you don't need a partner who isn't confident in himself!
 CNJSWP
Msg: 87
Posted: 12/28/2012 7:26:58 AM
Get out of Dodge quickly and don't look back!
 redneck_romeo1100
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/28/2012 7:50:10 AM
Send him a message on here, he'll shit himself LOL!
 sophielvs
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/15/2015 5:28:28 AM
HI.. I was dating this Cheat for 3years , and then one of my best friends told me she had communicated with my bf on pof.
I went and joined with a false username and guess what ...... there he was, with not only one username but four ..... I was ever so wild, after spending three years with a looser like that so i confronted him about it and he said no..... And i said Yes Piss off ..... Now i am extremely happy with just being me for awhile, and i will be very weary in the future.... Girls out there .... if your bf spends an endless amount of time on his iphone or computer be ware.... And dont be afraid to ask him to check his phone from time to time..... You would be surprise what you will come across..... On my books cheats need a good wake up call that women today are not that desperate to stay in a relationship with slugs .... and thats exactly what this man are....
 CharminC
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/15/2015 8:08:46 AM

if your bf spends an endless amount of time on his iphone or computer be ware....

That's creating paranoia

And don't be afraid to ask him to check his phone from time to time.....

That's HIS phone. No one has a right to another's property.

You would be surprise what you will come across.....

.. and here you are encouraging women to be snoops, looking for something when sometimes there is nothing to look for but his trust will be jarred by suspicions. Women need to trust their own intuitions and not go looking like a bunch of paranoid woe-is-me, I'm-a-victim drama queens.
Alot of woman can't handle truth.
Hence, be careful of what you wish for. You want answers? Be ready for it but don't go fishing for red flags. Then the problem is you, not him.

On my books cheats need a good wake up call that women today are not that desperate to stay in a relationship with slugs ...

It's the women that need a wake up call. They made the choice to stay. Own up to it. Don't blame the cheat for being fooled..

and thats exactly what this man are....

is... not are... is
 Dee4166
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2015 8:30:40 AM

It's the women that need a wake up call. They made the choice to stay. Own up to it. Don't blame the cheat for being fooled..

Disagree with this....

Plenty of men AND women out there who are 'expert cheats' and I've seen how good they can be....

However...once you have 'proven', enough for yourself any way, that he IS a cheat, then yes...it is up to YOU to remove him from your Life....otherwise, that does place responsibility squarely on your own shoulders...
 CharminC
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/15/2015 8:45:16 AM
Plenty of men AND women out there who are 'expert cheats' and I've seen how good they can be....

^^
Very true!

However...once you have 'proven', enough for yourself any way, that he IS a cheat, then yes...it is up to YOU to remove him from your Life....otherwise, that does place responsibility squarely on your own shoulders...

^^^
*nods in agreement
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/15/2015 10:17:26 AM

and then one of my best friends told me she had communicated with my bf on pof.

I bet your best friend was banging him.

Ask her to let you check her cellphone.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2015 2:26:19 PM

Fry him of course, being the boyfried he is.

F with him a while first, like you would any dying cock-arocha..with a second profile or have a FRIEND do it.
Denying I was on here the whole time. DUH.
 kj521
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/15/2015 5:50:56 PM
I have to agree with Ms. Petunias.....

May as well have a little enjoyment with the psychological torture....
Funny thing..... but somehow the amusement negates the pain. ;)
 pepperstrand
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/27/2015 3:11:28 PM
dump him , he is looking around for a new model, lol Seriously though dump him. Or say you are not on there and if he is well you will hav e to rethink all the good sex you are giving him.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/27/2015 4:15:05 PM

I came on POF to take the chemistry test because a friend said it was cool.

Oh, that's legit. I'm sure your BF said "Yeah, me too!" ;) Honestly -- you joined because you heard your BF was on it. OR very likely you joined because you wanted to scope the scene, but would never have the guts to truly meet anyone or write anyone much (so you're 'innocent') -- but your BF legitimately using it? Oh no!

I searched for him and found him with an active profile seeking a relationship. What should be by next move?

If you said Not Single / Not Looking and just a profile saying that you're on here for a test, then just write him saying it's You. Or if you made a legit profile w/o picture, write him and have private pics of a hot chick in a bikini and see what happens. Don't Pull him in -- make yourself available for him to Chase you... like "Hi, I saw your profile, and I'm intrigued. Just thought I'd say hi," and see if he bites.
 kj521
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/22/2016 4:18:01 AM
^^^^^^Well, that is fantastic Mr. Victor.

But when you say...."this boyfriend" are you meaning specific to this thread or in the general "cheating boyfriend" sense?

Go ahead and tell us.....sounds like a little confession will do you good. ;)
 Cdan1957
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2016 7:32:23 AM

lol i am this boyfriend.

Well, first off you are not the boyfriend this OP is talking about because this thread was started 2 years before you joined and you were what 18 at that time(assuming your profile isn't BS). If you are talking about a different but similar situation, in reading your profile, I doubt she cares.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What should you do if you find your boyfried created a POF profile