Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NVMinerMan
Msg: 60
What makes men fall in love with a woman?Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
^^^^^

add smart and funny to that n I'm in
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 62
What makes men fall in love with a woman?
Posted: 6/20/2012 9:09:22 PM
Bring them beer and a sandwich when naked.. when they are done eating give them a blow job.. instant love.

oh come on.. i jest.. sort of...
i'm sure it's similar to what women want.. I'd imagine even great sex would lose it's appeal if the woman was not compatible with them.. trust honestly love support.. that's what keeps a relationship going.. for both sides.
 adora71
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/20/2012 9:55:13 PM
I think it comes down to attraction, availability, reciprocal affection, and character.

@domo

Enough of the negative talk. Ya gotta learn to quit doing that shiat. Bad enough ya may "think" it, worse when you actually say it. Leave it for the others to slam ya. I mean, seriously. At least then, ya can tell them to go phuck themselves.

listen to Walts. He is bang on about this. Always hold your head up high.

Fleuron
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/20/2012 10:38:29 PM

Bring them beer and a sandwich when naked.. when they are done eating give them a blow job.. instant love.

Probably you wouldn't have to wait til he’s done eating.
 NVMinerMan
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/20/2012 11:59:53 PM
^^^^

ur right but waiting is prudent to prevent beer and sandwinch in ur hair.
 JoseMadre
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/21/2012 11:52:32 AM

Thats why most people are on here everyone wants the cream of the crop basically

True, but each of us defines that differently.
 Capn_America
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/21/2012 12:00:35 PM

Blow my beer and eat the sandwich, I`ll give you the blow job (Hey, bubblegum works on a girl`s innards too )
Any girl does that, I`ll marry her on the spot
 Dreamer_in_SC
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/21/2012 12:57:26 PM

I am just curious to know how do men fall in love and what does it take for them to fall in love and want to have a lasting relationship with a woman?

Respect, admiration, and desires.

A comfortable feeling of belonging and a sense of security felt when with her as well as when not with her.

A feeling of pride and the desire to let people know that she is with you.

A strong longing to know everything about her, a passion to care about what she is passionate about, and a powerful need to WANT to care about what she cares about.

Your heart leaping from your chest when she is near and sinking and shrinking when she is away from you.

Comfort to be yourself and not feel like time spent together must show only your best sides. The ability to have bad days without fear or worry that a bad day now and then will be cause enough to ruin every day.

There is more for me at least but us guys can not give away all our keys to what drives us and motivates us through life or we would end up becoming simple creatures.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/21/2012 1:13:22 PM
Spells, charms, glamours and just plain magic.
 BlackJacket87
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/21/2012 1:21:51 PM
Some things that make men fall in love about women:

- If she's a Pokemon Master, I'm in love
- If she can whip her hair back and forth, I'm in love
- If she's independent and got her life straight (not perfect, but she knows how to handle herself), I'm in love***
- If she's loyal and willing to fight for her man when need be, I'm in love***
- If she's nerdier than me, I'm love
- If she's not from Detroit, I'm in love
- If she takes you for your faults, I'm in love***
- If she's loyal, I'm in love***
- If she's in love with me (genuineness) and I reciprocate those feelings, I'm in love***
- If she loves Eureka, I'm in love
- If Leonard from the Big Bang Theory is her favorite character, I'm in love
- If she loves the purple shark of charity, I'm in love
- If she has sexy legs, I'm in love
- If her butt is banging and its like this (____), I'm in love lol

*** = Serious things. Anything else is stupid.
 MDIYM59
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/21/2012 3:31:24 PM
A woman's looks will get my initial interest, but after that it's things like her personality, how secure is she with herself,
is she smart, does she have a good sense of humor, do we have common interest, she is okay with me spending time with my male friends without thinking I'm doing it to chase other women or just don't want to spend time with her. Can she put up with my family, even my stupid cousin and my overbearing aunt. Is she a team player (willing to work with me toward a common goal), can I trust her, does she want to please me in the bedroom or is she just doing it because it's expected. Does she have my back when the going gets rough, or is she going to jump ship. Will she nag me, will she enjoy the little things or does she always want more than I can give.

I could go on, but you should get the idea by now, it's a myriad of things. Some small, some big but it's more than just her looks, being good in bed or her cooking (if she even cooks), but those things are a definite plus.

One of the main reasons I fell in love with my ex because I knew she truly loved me, with all my faults and flaws. That was a major turn on. I was all hers after that, lol.
 Lks2bhappy
Msg: 72
Posted: 6/21/2012 3:42:44 PM
I am not as interested in a persons looks as I was when i was younger. Years ago it was only looks i cared about. Now i look at more education common interests. If I dont like there company it would not matter what they looked like,. I could never like a woman who was desperate and to easy. I think it is easy to fall in love with a woman who is a challenge. If she can cook all the better. I love to cook so we can both cook. I fall in love with confidence someone who is independent. Looks help but you need more than that to love someone
 MisssButtons
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/21/2012 3:49:13 PM
Love isn't a formula, there are things you can do to foster love but really if love wants to hit you on the head, it's unexplainable for the most part at least that's what's happened to me in the two times I was most deeply in love. What was common in each was a physical attraction to each and the rest unexplainable as they did not love me but I was "in love".
 Anthonypie
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/22/2012 12:48:19 AM
For me its always been a fun and stunning personality. A woman that cares and understands that is completley on your level.
 Capn_America
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/22/2012 5:27:17 AM

For me its always been a fun and stunning personality. A woman that cares and understands that is completley on your level.

I'd like to push the "like" button on here.
 DoubleParked
Msg: 77
Posted: 6/22/2012 4:04:41 PM
I think for both men and women when their IDEA of what they want in a mate sort of fits on top of the actual person, the 'anima/animus in Jungian thought' they feel like they may have found their love match. Most often, unfortunately the one who is the object of their love cannot EVER live up to the ideal and when the two come to see each other as real separate people, the fantasy comes to a bad end. Not always, but alot of times this happens and then they feel 'out of love' with each other and give up the whole relationship as hopelessly flawed and 'what was I thinking?'

For those who stick with the person and realize they were just projecting their own' inner opposite' on the one loved, it can be the start of an actual meaningful loving relationship.
 Fleuron
Msg: 78
Posted: 6/22/2012 5:44:08 PM

We guys simply are interested in women that are interested in us.

I’m interested in Christian Bale’s gorgeous sexy bod. Where the heck is he???

I sense a flaw in your theory.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv I’m not in bed with Christian. :p
 WildDNA
Msg: 79
Posted: 6/22/2012 5:51:34 PM
Buy the book "Why Men Love ****es" Read it cover to cover and you will see exactly what kind of woman a men fall in love with. If that doesn't work there is always the song from Brian Adams "When You Really Love a Woman" lol
 silkstone
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/22/2012 6:06:11 PM
yes there is a answer,,question is...do you realy want to know
 angelashoemaker
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2012 7:46:00 PM
Unfortunatly there is no answer to that, I researched this so many times; men dont use the term fall in love, at least not in real life, they grow fond of you, enjoy your presence and to men as far as my research goes, its not about falling in love, its about being that persons best friend. be there confidant, a shoulder to cry on. having a good sense of humor is a must, excepting them for who they are is also a biggie, especially after marriage, you marry because you like that persons flaws and perfections.
 dawn60
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/23/2012 6:51:31 AM
I notice you said "ex". what happened to the "feelings"?
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2012 7:30:05 AM
I dunno. Love potion #9?

We're physical beings. Products of evolution. Social animals. Males will be attracted to healthy fit females to enhance our productiveness (creating kids, increasing status, etc.) These are all kind of elusive and hard to pin down in a modern technological society.

for me:

1...physical attraction is an absolute necessity. Pretty and fit
2....allows me into her comfort zone. Smiles, shows interest
3.... intimacy. Make 'connection' through conversation or activity

The rest is all 'whatever'....hormones, social, experience. etc.

Not rocket science for a female....keep yourself feminine looking and fit, smile at a guy. When you talk show interest in him.....he'll be hooked. Males can no more stop themselves falling in love than a dog can stop itself from humping a table leg. What we can do is develop the maturity to acknowledge what's happening and pursue it or remove ourselves from the new emotional bond. I love my girlfriend and know when I'm attracted to another woman (all guys are) to dig down deep and get off the emotional track.
 marcus_biggs
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/23/2012 7:53:50 AM
....................................................skills.
 Fleuron
Msg: 85
Posted: 6/23/2012 9:06:41 AM

Obviously men are hard-wired to be attracted to women that will have attractive children.

This is true.

I’ve lost count of the number of times a man has approached me by telling me he knows we’ll have attractive children together and he’d like to try it out right now.
 Yourfirstchoice35
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2012 9:47:24 AM
Personally, I believe it's much more complex than most of you outlined. Although, I'm not completely sure how the entire process works. Scientists and philosophers are still pondering and chipping slowly away at it.

From what I've learned, there's a physical/biological element that plays a role(our gene pool). Each of us have many millions of genes and many negative gene mutations. At a gene level, we all seek to reproduce with someone that will compliment our gene pool and correct our negative gene mutations, so that our children won't be born with the same deficits we have(baldness, high cancer rate, dwarf, etc), and so, it will increase their chance of survival and adaptation. If we meet someone that will fit this desired criteria, our unconscious mind instantly releases hormones to create attraction, comfort, and push us towards this person, but as I mentioned earlier, this is only on a physical/biological level.

Next, there is our psychological level. Do you think in similar ways and in complimenting ways: like when you go to a restaurant together, you instinctively go for the right chair and she instinctively goes for the left chair, at the same time with neither leading. These types of bonds you will instantly create more attraction, positive feeling, comfort, and a sense of on the same page.

Next, He has to be in the right place in his maturity and personal level of emotional development to truly and completely love himself, if this strong than his ability to fall in love with others is high, if this is low than he may never be capable of lasting feelings of love for another: lust for the others external(body, status, possessions, etc) and liking their personality a little is possible(internal). As he grows with age, makes mistakes, learns, he overall increases his capability to love himself, and so, his chances of falling in love with others increases too. As one continues to grow, he can fall in love much faster(stable), with greater intensity(passion), but yet, he can still remain less attached: make it to work the next day and not want to call in sick to be next to her. Furthermore, if the unity fails for whatever reason, he'll be able to recover faster(grieving or sorrow) and ready again to love with even more intensity.

Lastly, I believe there's a higher power element of it, which works through casuality and acasuality events. This circumstances serve to move him towards certain individuals and away from others. These occurrences serve to influence him to be with someone that will bring out his best, serve the greater good, and his highest ideals in life, but also, it serves of a higher plan.

I believe all this elements work together when a man falls in love or anyone. When we meet the right one, this person will meet all or many of these elements. Those that only meet a few elements listed usually doesn't last!

Thoughts?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >