Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stronginheart
Msg: 87
What makes men fall in love with a woman?Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
LOL.......we want the same :) :):)
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 88
view profile
History
What makes men fall in love with a woman?
Posted: 6/23/2012 11:54:14 AM
Re gene propagation, etc.

We are social animals and there is more to it that which is the fittest male or female for us to have children with. It's to maximize not just our individual but our extended gene pool.

Why are women sexually attractive after their child bearing years? It can be to keep her guy on hand and thus be a provider for children and grandchildren.... or keep her guy from mating with her daughters. Perhaps to attract a new male to help with her own security do she can continue to raise her children and her daughter's children,etc.

Anyways, it's mostly about genetics BUT....the genetics is so convoluted in reasoning that getting down to the 'specific'' isn't much help in a complex modern society. 'It's genetic but ...now what?'
 NG480
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2012 2:02:59 PM
It's no surprise to me that there's diverse answers for this question. ^_^

For me:
- women or many women who's willing to be honest and honest with 'being herself'.
- shares 'all' or 'not all' the same interests that I do.
 DallasSBF
Msg: 91
Posted: 6/23/2012 2:15:05 PM
^^^^^
If I suggest that I share the same interest as the men I am dating I get the following responses.

DATE gay men because real men dont like that shyt.
YOU are never going to find the prefect guy. Compromise. He will try things you like and you try the things he likes.
(I was married to the above guy and HE shared my interests on my birthday... the rest of the year I shared his)
 justlookingvt
Msg: 92
Posted: 6/23/2012 2:32:35 PM
^^^^^^^

Compromise. He will try things you like and you try the things he likes.
(I was married to the above guy and HE shared my interests on my birthday... the rest of the year I shared his)

You have an impressive ability to compromise, it should serve you well. :-) Hey guys!! look over here, this woman knows what we mean by compromise. (LOL)
 WildDNA
Msg: 93
Posted: 6/23/2012 3:32:41 PM
Coma White. READ the book before you judge the contents. Before you give your opinion. Before you call is nonsense. What you haven't read you have no idea what comments to make on it. It may just surprise you what is between the pages. The title sounds like just another **** book but it's not.

As for the question: Men fall in love for different reasons as do women. Most of us love what respects us, stays faithful to us, values us, and keeps the honeymoon going for years after. If you want to read what the bible says about love here it is.

I Corinthians 13 vs 4 -8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

It's when we stop talking nice, stop respecting our partner, stop caring, stop telling the truth that's when love begins to fail.

Just my thoughts.
 Jason022679
Msg: 94
Posted: 6/23/2012 4:38:42 PM
Are you kidding me...that's like me asking how do women fall in love and what does it take for them to want a lasting relationship with a man. If you're amazing...I can't live without you....I know you won't divorce me and take half of everything I own...you're not crazy....you make me a better person....you have goals...you make good financial and life decisions...you understand that marriage is the hardest thing you will ever face and have the skills to communicate/work through any issue....etc... then I'll marry you. Most women think marriage is waking up next to a guy each day with a "wow" feeling in her stomache as if she was the main character in some romance novel. Reality, being with any person for the rest of your life knowing when things to don't work out you can't run away but instead must face each and every arguement, problem, issue etc...for the rest of your life is not easy.

If I just think you're a great girl then I'll date you for a few years hoping a feeling comes over me that will make me want to marry you knowing that feeling will never come because you can't meet my needs...i.e. first paragraph. However, if I find a girl that I think I can live with forever then I would have no problem getting married. Until then, I'll keep coming home to a nice house knowing I can make my own decisions, go fishing as I please, play golf on the weekends and never worry about losing everything I have because my "wife" is pissed. :)
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2012 5:09:53 PM
The thread is about falling in love...not making a friend.

I agree it's nice if women are 'honest...compasionate...a good listener, etc. But...I was never in love with Mother Theresa or Grandma Walton. Most guys want the nice girl next door or Marion the Librarian...not just because they are sweet but they are also HOT. We fantasize about them letting their hair down as our hand wanders under their blouse.

Women are scrumptious and irresistable for a reason. We guys are physical beings with hormones firing off in our brains. Trying to be noble and separating out physical attractiveness as a 'lesser' level of love is futile.
 Jason022679
Msg: 96
Posted: 6/23/2012 5:27:24 PM
True, but every hot girl out there has an ex that thinks she's a b****!
 natgoat227
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2012 10:18:34 PM
If she's Cute...and can KISS...I'm 95% there..!!
 Dreamer_in_SC
Msg: 98
Posted: 6/24/2012 10:01:35 AM
In the teen years.... It is whatever catches their eye and becomes mesmerizing watching her sashay around.

Early 20's.... It is the women that feel the best on you, look the best standing next to you, acts the best at parties or gatherings.

Mid 20's ...... It is the women that are relaxed and at ease doing the guy type things like watching and playing sports.

Late 20's- early 30's.... It is the women who's biological clocks do not rule them which allows for mild monthlies while still being able to enjoy the activities of life. By this time though a new level of maturity so the woman's brains become a shifting point where looks are no longer more important than intelligence. They are more equal or leaning to the importance focused on intelligence moreso than looks alone or how she makes you feel.

mid 30's - 40's.... Crossroad times..... nobody has a damn clue what they want or like in either sexes and a half way exchange seems to be the results. Many in this age bracket seem to be trading in or trying to trade up and find the absolute best person for the future. Love is rare during these years and lust and financial planning for the future becomes more of what causes both men and women to fall in love during this age group.

50's + .... It is the women that feel the best on you, look the best standing next to you, acts the best at parties or gatherings.

just a guess...lol
 OutMind
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/26/2012 2:48:05 PM
Not only does it vary from person to person, but what may make you fall in love with one woman, when the next woman does the same thing, it doesn't achieve the same result.
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 102
Posted: 12/26/2012 9:38:59 PM
It takes a vagina and breasts<--(sometimes optional)...
We are sort of forced to fall in love with a women due to these, or else we would be gay and the world would de populate pretty fast...
 GinaLee41
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/26/2012 11:36:44 PM
ok you had it right until you put obey......we (women) are not pets.....
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/26/2012 11:44:50 PM
It's probably the beer you bring him while wearing your newest silk *ahem* night time attire.. Especially if you had cooked him a nice big meal prior to that..

*wink*
 _gjetost
Msg: 105
Posted: 12/27/2012 12:30:24 AM
There is no stock answer for that one OP. At least none that I can think of off the top of my head. Even if I thought harder about it, my answer would be the same. Probably because while people may seek the same goal, it's the various paths to that end point that makes your question so open ended. There may be a few common themes, but all too often it's the particulars that that go into the mix that makes one click in a lasting way. Or not.

If there was one, it would have been bottled and marketed to everyone on the planet.

Didn't read any of the responses above me, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was quite the variety... and rightly so.

So do what you believe you ought to do and in the way you believe you ought to do it. If your fortunate, you may find that pairs up well with you.
 salty_blumist
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2012 6:46:57 AM
Well, two woman I'm convinced I fell in love with, were beautiful red heads. And they were both almost like men living in womans body's, in the way they thought. And that was as I can best describe: You like me, I like you lets get it on! No silly drama of "you have to prove your love to me". No nit picking about mens differences from woman "oh men just want sex" and that kind of bs. And last but not least, they both knew how to please me in bed. Unlike some woman who don't want to make hardly any effort. These woman tried lots in bed as far as positions went, had lots of energy and knew how to ride....lol. Being pleasing in bed is very important!
 hotrodius
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/27/2012 11:37:27 AM
The way she desires you, She always tells the truth, the amount of quality time she spends with you, when you are both on the same page 90 percent of the time. She has love, empathy and compassion for you. She is genuine yet can still maintain her own individuality. Lots of intimacy, you don't have to always come on to her she comes on to you. you become a team. She likes how the way you do things and the way you take care of her. She never makes you feel like you are the only one giving all the love, it's mutual. And most of all you both have the same kind of twisted humor. You would lay down your life for her because you know she is your one and only.
 ann2H20
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/27/2012 3:44:50 PM
lovely, hotrodius....
 hotrodius
Msg: 112
Posted: 1/11/2013 11:40:18 AM
Thank you ann2H20.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/11/2013 12:28:57 PM
When you can make them laugh...

2 scientists walk into a bar.. one says "i'll have H2O" the other says "I'll have H2O too" he died..

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 onecoolM8
Msg: 114
Posted: 1/11/2013 2:12:42 PM

I am just curious to know how do men fall in love and what does it take for them to fall in love and want to have a lasting relationship with a woman? This post is mostly for MEN...I really would like to see what you guys have to say, thanks!!
for every man its different, dont think there is one thing at least not for me.
 Sweetheartedness
Msg: 118
Posted: 1/13/2013 11:46:49 AM
You know that feeling when you meet someone you like? That is common sense leaving the body. As long as common sense does not return, you will be together forever! LMAO

AND sddude? Thank you for that story. It was awesome!
 lovetohavefun84
Msg: 119
Posted: 1/13/2013 12:56:13 PM
@ bigeazzie..... what happened to all that good stuff that you ended up divorced? just curious....
 ixtlan09
Msg: 120
Posted: 1/13/2013 1:05:55 PM
What makes men fall in love with a woman? What the French call "je ne sais quoi".
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >