Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Boricua Papi
Msg: 3
what am I doing wrong?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
"gave them" your phone number......?? That is serial phone give away! Is not going to work. You should not be giving away your phone number to many men at once. You sound needy, easy and desperate.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 4
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/18/2012 10:52:47 AM
If a man takes your number and doesnt bother to contact you..dont bother..no your not trying to quickly those men just arent interested and its better you know now, so you can find someone who is.
 c_deacon
Msg: 7
view profile
History
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/18/2012 11:16:24 AM
And why the phone number so early? Emails to find out how truthful they are, exchange many more pictures to make sure that they look the way they say, and cam if you have any doubt.

My phones are also a part of my business and I am private about who I give my cell number to, and in the past, I have had a stalker or two, so I am one to take my time with the phone thing. I do however, want to meet someone in a decent time frame, if they live close enough, and I will suggest coffee or a drink within a week of meeting, if in my area. If at a distance, then all the more reason to share more pictures, cam, skype, on and on and get to know them, and then, once you do, your phone number should be shared privately and used that way.

cd
 TC2u
Msg: 12
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/18/2012 1:07:55 PM
It's not always cynical, and there is no conspiracy. Over the years I've been given plenty of numbers, I fully meant to call. For one reason or another, I just never made it. Didn't know what to say, how to get started, pity party, not a good time etc. I probably have as many reasons I haven't called those numbers, as number I have been given. I'm just slow to get started... there's been a few that picked up on it, and pursued a relationship with me, I thank God for them.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 13
view profile
History
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/18/2012 4:43:45 PM
OP, looks like you and BountyHunterMike called each other before taking those pics in matching shirts, lol.

No, you're not doing anything wrong and I tend to agree, the lack of a call may be a win win for you :)
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 15
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/18/2012 5:08:18 PM
The problem is with them, not you, if they don't call, I forget about them & move on. Some men here are big game players, or are married or have a live in g/f, & this is how they play their game. It makes them feel good to have a woman interested in them. Ignore the comments about giving out your phone number. This is a dating site, how else are you supposed to talk, & set up a meeting? If he has your cell number, & has to cancel the meet & greet, at the last minute, at least he can call & tell you! I would prefer that over being stood up!
 troynm
Msg: 16
view profile
History
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/18/2012 5:15:24 PM
No doubt! There's a lot of rude behavior here.
 troynm
Msg: 17
view profile
History
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/18/2012 5:17:32 PM
I'm really at a loss on here. I have a post-graduate education and I'm getting rejected in favor of high school drop-outs. lol.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 18
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/18/2012 5:19:09 PM
Really the only thing anyone does wrong is pick the wrong people. How are you to know, though? The thing you can't, a profile isn't any indication. What you DO know is that they fall away on the follow through, which, in my book totally disqualifies them from any further attempts at contact.
 tensail
Msg: 19
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/18/2012 5:50:32 PM
men r confused about cahsing/stalking, so u got encourage em mre, v femneinsts scared most men away frm persuing women. gl.
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 20
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/18/2012 6:12:03 PM

men r confused about cahsing/stalking, so u got encourage em mre, v femneinsts scared most men away frm persuing women. gl.

tensail, WTH is it with you and the "feminists" everything boils down to that with you. God get over yourself. Let's blame women for the woes of the world. No wonder you are single and past 40.
 neck romancer
Msg: 22
view profile
History
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/18/2012 6:18:26 PM
You have done nothing wrong they were idiots. I would suggest using a service that forwards calls to your phone.. rather than giving out your real phone number. That way just incase you got a freak you can just delete that number.
Ive never used this service but Lifahacker recommended it so give it a go.
http://www.ringshuffle.com/
 foxonatrain
Msg: 23
view profile
History
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/18/2012 6:24:14 PM
Just the name of the game unfortunately. Best thing to do is just keep it moving and not dwell on failed attempts. I personally find that the faster it moves to a phone conversation/texting, the better. Messaging on here is way too tedious. Others don't feel the same as us I guess.
 joe_226
Msg: 25
view profile
History
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/18/2012 9:06:05 PM
OP,
I agree with all who say...you're doing nothing wrong...and those that you gave your #
to and didn't hear from them...don't deserve the time of day.
 sddude
Msg: 38
view profile
History
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/20/2012 12:55:08 PM
Hun, it is not your fault , you did nothing wrong.

Guys do that and alot of women do that,

I even get asked my number after a bunch of mails, nothing happens, or I get stood up in the rain late at night, when she said she would pick me up to be safe, i am just wondering if she is looking from far away videoing me to place a pathetic guy in the rain waiting for his date and post it on you tube.

Or they actually call me and tell me sad stories to see if I offer them money to fix their problems or fix their cars.

I get a lot of loser moments , well in the past.

At least you only got a no communication situation , move on next batch of guys .

Women here talk as if women never ever did that only men, people all do that and in my biased opinion , women flake out and are more fickle than men or maybe only to me.... only in the past, that has all changed for me.

Move on, contact the next batch of beefcakes.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 40
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/21/2012 9:52:39 AM
its a numbers game..keep throwing ur number out there the average is 3 out of 10. and if u know anything about baseball..with those odds you'd be in the hall of fame.
 Iceburg03
Msg: 42
view profile
History
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/21/2012 1:06:06 PM
The census of most of the replies is right. You have done nothing wrong. Don't get discouraged, just consider it a part of the dating "pre-screen", messages, IM, emails, and after a week or two a phone number. If a man is truly interested, not married, and not being a player, then he will view your phone number as a something of value....the key to connecting with you and getting to know you better. Conversely if he get 4 phone numbers a week, or has a girlfriend on the side then you and you phone number will lack value to him.....The most basic rule in the dating book is not to keep a woman waiting if you ask for her number, any guy that doesn't know this isn't worth your time.
 Triumph800rider
Msg: 44
view profile
History
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/21/2012 1:40:55 PM
I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

For men on here the process usually goes like this:

1) Single or dateless for a while. Make a decision to go over to POF and start chatting up women.

2) Send out some friendly, flirty messages. Maybe fifteen to twenty.

3) Out of twenty the man sends out, seven or so are interested enough to respond.

4) Of these seven responses the man begins chatting with four women.

5) Sets up dates for the coming weekend with two of these women. Why these two? They were able to coordinate schedules quickly and were free this coming weekend.

6) Stops contacting they other two women because the man's date card is now full and managing four potential dates is harder than two. After all, man has job, visitation with kids, soft ball team and buddies all contending for his time.

7) In a two weeks when none of the dates pans out into a relationship the man begins the process again.

Don't fret over this. It is just the way the online thing works.
 angelashoemaker
Msg: 47
view profile
History
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/21/2012 7:28:02 PM
Some times you have to kiss alot of frogs in order to find the right one. just have fun, you will eventually find someone right for u. Your not doing anything wrong, your doing something right, going on dates, flirting, that all good. keep your chin up you will find someone.
 angelashoemaker
Msg: 48
view profile
History
what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 6/21/2012 7:30:35 PM
I dont think its that 100%, Guys are just having fun just like we are.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >