Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Does anyone this age actuall ENJOY the dating process after a year or      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Luv_Lyfe
Msg: 70
Does anyone this age actuall ENJOY the dating process after a year or more? lolPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

My chance of finding a fit, athletic, intelligent man in his late 50s is slim-to-none in America.

Since your profile states you are what, 58? This is probably true. When I was in my late fifties I was dating pleasant, attractive, intelligent and well educated women 15 to 20 years younger than myself, not a woman near my age. The other fit, athletic and intelligent men I knew were dating women at least 10 years younger than themselves.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Does anyone this age actuall ENJOY the dating process after a year or more? lol
Posted: 8/9/2012 6:38:30 PM
Blonde, "horrid experiences" is an understatement!
 RTFPORT67
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/11/2012 8:55:44 PM
I think your feelings are absolutely normal and I would not call it an attitude but more of an awareness of what you dont want in a person. Part of it I believe is from your previous relationships and you are more cautioou and selective but you also dont want to be beat around the bush because you dont want to waste your time with something that is not going to yield a return....a postive return. I agree with you.
 authenticoutlook
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/14/2012 7:04:11 AM
Dating burn out for sure! Doesn't mean you met a lot, just means your tired of the poopoo that comes with the territory of being single and genuinely seeking a relationship.

I don't blame the sites. I just delete when I get fed up and take a break. It's not I"ve met someone or have anyone in my life actually. Usually, you have things to work out for yourself and once you do delete the profile, you realize what it is and do. Its healthy, it gives you a new insight, you deal with the poo poo you didn't realize you had or any residual poopoo from former relationships. Cause often you don't realize this stuff until you go away and contemplate and soul search. It restores your faith within yourself to come back and try again.

Just did this for about 3 months myself! Dealt with residual poopoo I didnt' realize I had. Now that I"m back.... life couldn't be better!

I don't know if it was me, I don't know if it's the guys... or a combination of both, but I seem to be talking to more people that are on the same wavelength and actually want to meet.

If anyone else is feeling that mode of not meeting or drawing like minded people to yourself, I would strongly recommend a break. What are you afraid of? Not meeting anyone? Your not meeting anyone anyway! So why not!!!

thebholder2
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 8:00:47 AM
I concur - BUT we have the same issues on our side too. Just as difficult for a man to find the right woman if he has the wrong attitude.

(I tried to send you a private, but your system blocked it - guess I am too old to say you sound like an awesome lady!)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Does anyone this age actuall ENJOY the dating process after a year or more? lol