Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > DISCRIMINATION AGAINST FELINES/FELINE OWNERS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 26
DISCRIMINATION AGAINST FELINES/FELINE OWNERSPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I find it interesting that in these forums, men have hatefully resorted to telling women, "You'll grow old alone with your cats and die."

Well, its better than growing old with an idiot human for a partner.

I have three cats and no man has ever refused to date me because of them, not even the guy who was allergic to cats, but I broke that off before it could get started--for reasons other than the allergies.

My present boyfriend loves my cats, and my neutered male (the cat, not the boyfriend) who is scared of EVERYONE loved him on sight. To me, it said something about the boyfriend's character.

IF I could find a good home for one of my cats, she would move out, but I won't take her to a shelter. I never wanted three cats, but two are rescued kitties.

However, cat hoarding is another matter: people who have a multitude of cats, or dogs, or horse, or rats, have an emotional problem. My mother had 30 or 40 cats at one time, and she never had them spayed or castrated. She couldn't understand why they "choose" her to come to. My sister and I explained that it was because she left food on the porch, but she thought she was special.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 27
DISCRIMINATION AGAINST FELINES/FELINE OWNERS
Posted: 6/21/2012 1:20:52 PM

I find it interesting that in these forums, men have hatefully resorted to telling women, "You'll grow old alone with your cats and die."

Well, its better than growing old with an idiot human for a partner.

I recently posted pix of all 6 of my cats in my home, which is clean (most of the time) & neat (most of the time)...someone can have one pet & be a slob, someone can have more pets & be neat & clean...I had a friend tell me in the past she was afraid I was gonna be a hoarder, then told me about her dog peeing all over her furniture...

Yep, Gwen is right: "Well, its better than growing old with an idiot human for a partner."
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2012 7:13:49 AM
Yep....I'd rather grow old with an animal companion than a human, male jackass!
 nativerock
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/22/2012 8:49:30 AM

Yep....I'd rather grow old with an animal companion than a human, male jackass!

Yep they can be as stubborn as a mule.. lol
 SnowMoon2012
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/22/2012 4:33:10 PM
LOL , now ladies we are all animal lovers lets not insult the jackass... :)
 OPnutters
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/24/2012 10:47:44 PM
The number of cats a single woman has will determine the amount of a time in which she will remain single. Don't believe me? Give it time. You'll see.
 barr605
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/25/2012 1:19:55 AM
Quote:-[What has this thread got to do with dating or the over 45 life stage? I can't believe it has not been deleted.......... ]

It has everything to do with dating over 45.

It 's an attempt to explain why people prefer to live with cats , than other people.........

And it has some good points......makes one reconsider his options...lol

Somehow , the thought of sleeping with a cat just doesn't cut it ......lol
 barr605
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/25/2012 1:24:25 AM
Quote:-[Yep....I'd rather grow old with an animal companion than a human, male jackass! ]

Hmm never thought of myself as a human , male jackass......perhaps that's why I thought sailing was a better option to a relationship......
But then again , I've never seen a jackass sail.....perhaps i'm looking from the wrong perspective!!!!!!!
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/25/2012 7:34:53 AM

The number of cats a single woman has will determine the amount of a time in which she will remain single. Don't believe me? Give it time. You'll see

I have 6 cats. Yesterday, my beau picked me up @4 PM & took me out to a lovely early dinner at a really nice restaurant in Tarrytown, NY. Then we got coffee @ a coffee shop & went to see Three Dog Night @ Tarrytown Music Hall.
I HAVE 6 CATS.
I could list all the concerts & venues we've been to, diners & gifts, but that would be bragging (if I am not doing it already)
I HAVE 6 CATS
When i had surgery, he took a week off to help...
I HAVE 6 CATS

The number of cats a single woman has will determine the amount of a time in which she will remain single. Don't believe me? Give it time. You'll see

ahem...
 Janet_Always
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/25/2012 8:02:55 AM
I prefer dogs over cats but I see nothing wrong with people who have cats. Many of my friends do because they are easier to care for.

I work from home and my dog goes everywhere with me, sleeps at the foot of my bed and requires me to exercise him on a regular basis. (which is a benefit to me). Since therapy dogs are prescribed to depressed patients, having one hardly seems crazy.

I'd assume the same rational applies to cat owners and I've never met a pet lover I didn't like. Actually they seem more tolerant and loving in general than those that don't have/don't like animals.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2012 5:00:29 PM
I couldn't agree with you more, Janet.
 SSC-SAF
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/25/2012 7:57:39 PM

The number of cats a single woman has will determine the amount of a time in which she will remain single. Don't believe me? Give it time. You'll see.

Where's the science?
Oh, of course. There is none.
 stellavixen
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/26/2012 10:22:27 AM
I don't date snake and spider owners.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/26/2012 1:39:32 PM
OMG! Years ago I dated a younger guy who had a pet snake...he even let me hold his snake...I was icked out that he had to go to the pet shop to buy "food" for the snake...little feeder mice...we did not date long anyway...just long enuf for me to decide that I did not like his "snake"!
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/26/2012 2:32:34 PM

I grabbed the BB gun out of his hands, shot him with it and smashed it to pieces.

Be honest. That happened last week. Right?
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/26/2012 4:16:47 PM
As for what this has to do with over forty five? Ever hear of a Crazy Cat Lady in her twenties or thirties? Just sayin'

My time as Julie Twelve Cats was accomplished when "friends" and neighbors discovered I'd take in cats THEY found but didn't want to take to a shelter, or keep. At 12, I could see the future, clearly, and told them that was it: any cat dropped off at my place would go to a shelter next best chance. It ended. Whew!

I adore cats, but twelve was/is too many. If you're taking 'em to the vet, it's terribly expensive.
 scb19a
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2012 9:02:46 AM
that's because the dogs would eat them.
 WiseBurro
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/30/2012 12:07:42 PM

Then we got coffee @ a coffee shop & went to see Three Dog Night @ Tarrytown Music Hall.

Coincidence? Or did the poor guy subconsciously need to balance things just a little..?

I HAVE 6 CATS.
I could list all the concerts & venues we've been to, diners & gifts, but that would be bragging (if I am not doing it already)
I HAVE 6 CATS
When i had surgery, he took a week off to help...
I HAVE 6 CATS

Keep repeating it, we'll be convinced eventually....
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2015 12:28:00 PM
Well.....I have two cats....they are spayed, vaccinated, and have something that a lot of humans don't have....insurance....and someone came to my house and remarked, "your house smells better than mine, and I don't have cats." So, I meet this guy who says that he won't date anyone who has cats, unless they get rid of them and gets a dog......and then gets ANGRY when I say that no one tells me what do have in my house if they aren't paying the bills, while remarking that he has no insurance.......I swear, the nut factory runs full tilt on three shifts 24/7/365.
 daynadaze
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2015 12:46:13 PM
It's just a way of slamming a gender and thinking you got away with it. It's passive/aggressive, no different than making fat joke or gay jokes or racist jokes, etc. I keep that sort of stuff in mind when I am deciding if I like a man, if he makes jokes like these, it's a dealbreaker.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/18/2015 2:57:04 PM
I knew a woman who had one cat, she was a slob (the Human) & her apt. stunk.

I have 8 cats, all rescues, some came from Pets on Death Row & were hours away from being murdered. Some came from a local shelter where my son & I used to volunteer.

My house looks/smells better than the woman w/ the one cat. You do have to keep on top of it & know what products to use. I could not have them & have my house like this if I was still working FT.

Several years ago, I went on a date w/ a psychiatrist (interesting convo 4 sure)

I told him I had many cats (maybe 6 at the time)

I told him right off the bat why I had them- aside from loving them, I wanted to keep away the "free Bed & breakfast" men.

He smiled. He thought I was clever ;0D
I then spent 2 hours listening to stories about his patients.
Having cats is the least thing a person should worry about when looking to avoid "crazy" ;0P

I swear, the nut factory runs full tilt on three shifts 24/7/365

I once met a UPS man who was a real turd. I told him I had 6 cats.

He said "I don't know about 6 cats" as though I needed his approval. I just met him.

I own my own house.
He was renting & had a roommate.

Eric_Summit
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/18/2015 3:24:20 PM
This is not a thread about discrimination as much as it is a preference thread.
If a man or woman do not wish to date each other over pet ownership status...no worries!
They just are not a match for each other. It is not like one is preventing the other from life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2015 3:54:10 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head, Dayna.....and you, too, Eric.

I am not interfering with anything anyone else wants to own or do with their own finances or home. I don't get where these "control freaks" come from, or what they think.

Control your own damn life....that is a full time job. And Blonde, I think what you are doing with rescues is wonderful.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/18/2015 4:07:35 PM
TY^^
I call that UPS man a turd bec. he thought since I met him for a diet soda, he was going to move in, have the free bed & breakfast & I was going to ditch my cats for him, but he was going to bring his dog.

I guess it did not occur to him that I may not want that or even like him.

My cats are way better.
And Daddy likes 'em & they like Daddy.
 calguy14
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/18/2015 5:05:32 PM
I have three dogs and a cat,the cat and the sheltie are kissy kissy.I fix the females but never neuter the males,its cruel.No woman cuts the nutz off my pets.:)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > DISCRIMINATION AGAINST FELINES/FELINE OWNERS