Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > DISCRIMINATION AGAINST FELINES/FELINE OWNERS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Demidar
Msg: 64
DISCRIMINATION AGAINST FELINES/FELINE OWNERSPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I have one cat and now I find out I am allergic to it , guess I will just have to put up with the allergies . Least I am not allergic to my aquariums .
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 65
DISCRIMINATION AGAINST FELINES/FELINE OWNERS
Posted: 1/19/2015 3:14:38 PM

but there must be some character traits in common with cats and their owners, otherwise why would you bother? Presumptuous arrogance, for example.

Jealous a little are you TMP?

'Presumptuous arrogance?'

But, of course.

Kittykat and 'Person' lift tails and stalk from room.

Some food and little snooze.

Beware that actual useless vermin might infest your home.

Meeerrrooowoww~
 daynadaze
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2015 3:53:56 PM
You haven't seen any TV shows with owners having tons of dogs, or poor uncared for dogs, or dogs tied up outside that have to live in their own filth, you've never seen or heard of that? I find that amazing since stories like that are pretty common. Lots of people abuse their pets, whether it be dogs, cats, fish, horses, etc., it has nothing to do with what kind of pet they like, it has to do with the character or lack of, of the person. I have to wonder why you think this was even something to be said, that you find cats owners to be the only people who end up on hoarders shows with dead cats, are you for real?

Obliviously some posters are either pretending to be funny/cruel or they don't know a thing about pets in general. Cats will bond to you just as dogs will, they have preferences just like dogs do, they are cleaner than dogs but you still have to scoop up after them and brush them, and they want to play with you just like dogs and yes, they do tend to be more aloof at times, but that hardly makes them something awful. I am not a dog person but I don't hate dogs and I don't make up nasty little dog hating stories and I don't expect dog lovers to be awful people, and I don't make up nasty stories about dog lovers. This thread certainly shows some info about people that would be good to know before contacting them. Wowser
 Never_in_Life
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/19/2015 4:48:52 PM

Yeah CRAZY ppl have CATS for a reason, this isn't a coincidence. And ditto re cats would just as soon see you tossed into the whirling blades if it meant they could eat 5 minutes sooner. Nasty little fish breathed fukkers. I TURN MY DOGS LOOSE ON THEM JUST FOR SHOWING UP HERE. Eesh. Useless vermin.

I actually don't want a man to kiss my ass nor a vile creature to shred my furniture after coughing up a hairball, but there must be some character traits in common with cats and their owners, otherwise why would you bother? Presumptuous arrogance, for example.

Your trolling skills need work. See, the first thing you said was good because it was more subtle. Now you're going for a sledgehammer effect. The scorched earth approach is a terrible choice, because everyone now knows you're trolling.

By the way, I'm not arrogant. I'm just better than you.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/20/2015 2:05:26 PM
I've thought for long that cats are like teenagers, and dogs are like four year olds. If you're busy and elsewhere engaged, cats are for you. If you like to order others about, dogs work better.

For the Opie--
http://img.pandawhale.com/99385-crazy-cat-lady-starter-kit-Q9r7.jpeg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a1/7b/59/a17b59d3ca61d92353c92a139f8fcc5d.jpg
 junipermoon
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2015 5:04:14 PM

If you're busy and elsewhere engaged, cats are for you. If you like to order others about, dogs work better.

exactly. needier people surround themselves with dogs. if you can stand your own company, walk the feline path.
 lilmopeep
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2015 6:01:33 PM
I actually prefer cats to people!
 deetristate
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/20/2015 6:12:26 PM
I don't date men who have photos with their dogs. Same as cat ladies,
 KingAlaskanCrabLegs
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/20/2015 6:58:59 PM
My girl has cats. They are calm and well behaved because she is the same. The way a person's pets behave speaks volumes for their owner. It is a good indicator of character.
 daynadaze
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2015 7:30:40 PM
Good luck being busy and not paying attention to a cat. They may do the slow blink and go back to sleep or they may cuddle up in your arms laying on top of what you are doing. Just because cats spend a lot of time sleeping doesn't mean they don't want attention, to be petted and to crawl around on you.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/21/2015 2:18:24 PM
Dayna--lol! I've always thought it depended on the particular cat. . . . I've had love bugs and independent contractors, buccaneers and bopeeps.

Came late to dogs, and my favorites are working breeds. Small ankle biters need not apply. Right now, no puss cats, just one biggol mixed breed rescue (golden retriever/great Pyrenees), and he's a joy. For a four year old. . . .
 _babblefish
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/21/2015 2:59:30 PM

My girl has cats. They are calm and well behaved because she is the same. The way a person's pets behave speaks volumes for their owner. It is a good indicator of character.

obviously some people enjoy boring and pedestrian with minimum effort, to me that's lazy .. it's why there are alternatives like siamese catz, my sweet lithe seal point is anything but uninteresting . . *shrugs, then again my all time dog love was a jack russell, high energy, intelligent and crafty is how i prefer a pet
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2015 7:25:35 PM
Interesting responses.

I dated a man once who was strong, intelligent, and masculine.....and a confirmed cat lover. He actually teared up when he told me how he held his dying, 16 year old Siamese male cat (who was diabetic) in his arms. He had a gentle spirit, and treated me the same way.

When a man tells me he has a cat.....well, I form an opinion of his character based on that statement alone, because it tells me that he doesn't give a damn about what other men think about him.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > DISCRIMINATION AGAINST FELINES/FELINE OWNERS