Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RiderSailor
Msg: 38
Avaiable man over 30Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

How come every post like this from a man is universally shot down and deleted, but every "DAMSEL" in distress post we get is universally accepted?

2 possible reasons are,...
1. male moderators don't have the balls to hammer such self pitty threads
2. female moderators have better things to do then read these.

Now, I'm 5'7" short can we start another thread on why we get rejected, pretty pwease? lol
 grantfl80
Msg: 39
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 7/1/2012 4:18:32 PM
Mr. Perfect died in a Florida hotel due to a cocaine overdose. Sorry ladies :(

G
 waltersmbi77
Msg: 41
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 7/7/2012 3:26:42 AM
Don't say so, maybe you have a choice. I am willing to change your doubts. What do you think?
 nkr1980
Msg: 42
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 7/10/2012 1:54:09 AM
You have to be patient. In real life dating, you usually meet few people within your circle or by chance, whereas with online dating...you are going to come across thousands of men/profiles...and greater numbers might mean more choices but those could be good or bad choices. You have to filter out the bad ones...while doing that...you may filter out a good one too (since women receive tons of messages) but that is online dating for you. Take your time before meeting them in person...if he is patient then he probably is serious about a relationship...else...he could just in for a hook up.
 JRA_4_U
Msg: 43
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 7/10/2012 10:44:29 AM
Yes!...Yes there is. I am one of them. But I know what you mean. I am having trouble finding a woman the fits those same standards. But in my case it might be my search area. I am only looking within 100 miles of my location.
 AirForceSP
Msg: 44
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 7/13/2012 7:01:20 PM
These forums are hilarious

One woman saying not to date a single dad because he needs to focus on his kids - sooo all the single moms on the site should just get lost too? LMFAO

Here is the reality - being a parent is a tough job - Ive raised my stepson to 17 now and my daughter is almost 10. I get called out of the country on occasion and do my combat stints....does that make me a horrible dad because Im not around my kids ALL the time? C'mon now

Life happens and we adapt - simple as that. Raising my stepson was simple - he is my son, calls me dad because that's what I am. Accepting a man/woman and their children is a huge decision but making a blanket statement like don't date someone with kids because they need to focus on their children? That's just ridiculously futile - in our current society single parents in their 30's are the norm. Think about it - graduate college, settle down, have a baby, problems occur, divorce...30-35 single parent city....if they were decent catches to begin with they probably got married and had kids...whatever led to their single status will vary but life goes on - single parents will date - they are still human.

OP - your method is questionable - sounds like looks trump everything else so when their profile reads "deadbeat" but their pics get you hot and bothered you agree to date them, then complain how they dont check off your "boxes".

Are you gonna marry a man or his occupation? Suppose he gets in a car accident and has to change occupations...will you divorce him? Relationships are about whats in your heart - not whats on a list...so he is all those things on your list and is hot...but he beats you a little....still worth it? Eventually you will grow up and see nobody is perfect and thats OK. Loving someone unconditionally requires you to love them, faults and all.
 cooldog65
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 7/14/2012 2:54:15 AM
^^^^^
Speaking of sentence structure...
 dinno76
Msg: 49
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 9/22/2015 10:32:41 AM
Their are a lot of men over 30 who have never been married and have no kids. They are very picky because they seem to be in high demand. So they can afford to be .
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 50
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 9/22/2015 5:47:46 PM
My observation is this is an entirely gender-neutral question.
Men and women alike, whom are childless, seemingly have a somewhat easier time with online dating.

It is something I have casually noticed with my friends who are back in the dating arena.
If their offspring are entirely on-their-own they fare about equally with the childless folks.
 LexiInMDR
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 9/25/2015 7:28:21 PM
The problem IMO with meeting the good men is a lot of them over 30 are introverts, and we ladies have to do some breaking through to make sure we don't end up catching a poison fish.
 tequila157
Msg: 52
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 9/29/2015 7:10:23 PM
Yea there's plenty but most of them probably aren't your type. FYI, if you're looking for someone normal, why are you on pof lol?
 sealady111
Msg: 53
Available man over 30
Posted: 9/30/2015 4:25:33 PM

My observation is this is an entirely gender-neutral question.
Men and women alike, whom are childless, seemingly have a somewhat easier time with online dating.

It is something I have casually noticed with my friends who are back in the dating arena.
If their offspring are entirely on-their-own they fare about equally with the childless folks.

^^^ Really?
What I am experiencing is an easy time???

Only being back and active for 2 days let's see if you are right.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 54
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 9/30/2015 9:08:50 PM

Their are a lot of men over 30 who have never been married and have no kids.

I resemble that remark.

They are very picky

I resemble that remark. (well, picky about the right things, anyway)

because they seem to be in high demand.

I don't resemble THAT remark.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 55
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 10/1/2015 9:29:08 PM
I'm currently talking to several guys over 30 with no kids. Have a date with one this weekend. He's tall and handsome with a job. So yes, they are out there and obviously not in "high demand", otherwise an old broad like myself wouldn't stand a chance with all the young hotties out there who are supposedly after them.
 Baffalobill
Msg: 56
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 10/2/2015 12:28:39 AM
Been available my whole life.. No kids / Never been Married / Divorced .. Nor had a Relationship...Yet have a stable job , Income , Pay my own way , Not a freeloader have my own car..But then again... So What !!!! ....From my experience women don't take to kindly when presented with these factors..
 sealady111
Msg: 57
Available man over 30
Posted: 10/2/2015 12:48:38 AM
^^^^ Bill, as you know I live nearby and can attest that there are lots and lots of single available young women in the area.

Go to a few local MeetUps.
You will be outnumbered by single women and may be the only man there with a dozen women.
 Baffalobill
Msg: 58
Available man over 30
Posted: 10/2/2015 4:30:23 PM
Well sealady... I don't think its exactly what it seems ...Sure there probably are some single women in the area but from what I have observed is firstly .. Many of these women are a lot younger then me ...Which would make me way out of there league.

Secondly ...Even the girls that i see with other guys i can pretty much tell the type of guy there with and what excites these type of women...e.g. Drives expensive cars , Loads of Bling !!! / Materials etc. but not a cent to his name as far as Building / Saving for the future.

All for Looks / Show... but no brains...

sealady111
Msg: 59
Available man over 30
Posted: 10/2/2015 4:40:23 PM
Bafallo, methinks you have decided that it is hopeless without trying.
Yes that could be the case if you are going to places for the 18-22 crowd.

Choose places to go with people near your own age.
They do exist.

Being confident is very attractive.
Being bitter and negative is not.
 tangofish
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 10/3/2015 6:52:06 AM
Nobody is normal, because the definition of normal is largely subjective... You can no more expect for normality in people then you can expect for flawlessness.

And no, dating is not as simple as posting an advertisement. This website is a chipshot at best for potential - you have to be compelled to engage in dating.... Otherwise you just end up waiting around for something to fall in your lap... Not a very effective strategy.
 A6K
Msg: 61
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 10/5/2015 5:43:51 PM
I'm 36, live alone in a 2 story house, drive a new car, am in the Army, never been married, never had any kids and have one dog.
But what would you define as "normal?"
I wouldn't say my job is "normal."
I wouldn't say the fact that I'm 36, never married with no kids to be "normal" to some people.
I still go out and am social but not as much as I used to because I don't enjoy it as much these days. I is that "normal?"

I'm always amused at statements like "Just curious is there any Avaiable " normal" man with some moral values respect with preferably no kids with Job, car and place of their own," because I've been available for a while now. And I think there are quite a lot of guys like me out there.
 Baffalobill
Msg: 62
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 10/7/2015 12:01:57 AM
[I'm 36, live alone in a 2 story house, drive a new car, am in the Army, never been married, never had any kids and have one dog.
But what would you define as "normal?"
I wouldn't say my job is "normal."
I wouldn't say the fact that I'm 36, never married with no kids to be "normal" to some people.
I still go out and am social but not as much as I used to because I don't enjoy it as much these days. I is that "normal?"

I'm always amused at statements like "Just curious is there any Avaiable " normal" man with some moral values respect with preferably no kids with Job, car and place of their own," because I've been available for a while now. And I think there are quite a lot of guys like me out there.]

Yes A6K you are normal ..Question really is ...What's there to find " not normal " ???
You seem to have your life sorted out !!!!
Probably ahead of most of us....
 A6K
Msg: 63
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 10/7/2015 4:43:07 PM
Thanks Bill, but my life isn't sorted out at all when it comes to dating.

But my point was more that in my opinion when ever a man or woman says something like that, that they don't really mean that. I think it just means she has ridiculous standards and is waiting for Superman.
That's why she keeps meeting jerks....IMO.
 Baffalobill
Msg: 64
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 10/8/2015 1:25:20 PM
I dare say you would be ultra fit and so on ....Reason I ask that is... I know a personal trainer who works at a local gym roughly my age. He did at one stage train my father...
This guy has been looking for a relationship for yrs. ..with all his good looks and all still cannot get 1 women to go out with him ...
So what I am saying if guys like you 2 are having trouble in this department.. Spare a thought for guys like myself !!!!! hehehe....
 Baffalobill
Msg: 65
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 10/10/2015 11:13:53 PM
brian0417 [From my experience, the higher the quality the guy, the more likely they tend to be single. Anytime I meet a guy that does drugs and goes to strip clubs and can't afford his car, he ALWAYS has girls hanging off of him.]

Yea I don't understand that either !!!!!!

Or maybe being LOUD & OBNOXIOUS is what turns them on ????
 dinno76
Msg: 66
Avaiable man over 30
Posted: 10/14/2015 10:04:46 AM
That is because younger women find being normal boring. When they get older and want to settle down they want the normal boring beta male. When their young they go after the exciting alpha males.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >