Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Forums are grabbing my attention more than the profiles, OH NO!! lol      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CptIronJack
Msg: 26
Forums are grabbing my attention more than the profiles, OH NO!! lolPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
my only real prob with the pof forums is the forum nazi's god forbid you open a new thread thats open somewhere else. I tend not to go to the ones with 100,000,000 pages already. But I do find the people who frequent the forums here to be easier to get along with than in other sights, one sight I left simply because of the forums, I couldn't afford to be associated with such stupidity. And I find the people in pof have more on the ball as far as advise than other sights. So no, its not a bad thing at all
 CptIronJack
Msg: 27
Forums are grabbing my attention more than the profiles, OH NO!! lol
Posted: 6/19/2012 3:44:54 PM
I know a lot of women who visit dating sights from time to time but are overwhelmed with emails contacts and chat requests as soon as they're visible. As one frind of mine puts it, the chat requests march across the screen like****roaches. Its no wonder women don't reply to everybody, who has that kind of time. Back when POF used to inform you of the status of your msgs, I noticed one woman I was talking to didn't delete my replys, then she vanished from the sight. A year later we ended up meeting on FB then in real life and she's one of the ones who told me she had to leave pof, to much attention.

And so many guys if you reply to them polity then don't respond further go off the deep end, its uncanny. Course I've had some women go off the deep end as well and I've scratched my head wondering why. But at least on the forums you reply you don't reply nobody knows or cares
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/19/2012 5:15:23 PM

Banned camp??! Oh my! What exactly is banned camp? Do they stick me an empty chat room and make me type "i will not break the POF thread rules" over and over until it's all one big blurr?

Depending upon the infraction...your posting privilages are taken away for a specified time. I do believe some accts have actually been removed.

A few of us have been sent to 'banned camp' for misbehaving and not following the rules, me included. But I have since mended my ways and now am a reformed formulite *Big shitfaced grin*

And OP....I have met more individuals through the forums than I have through the dating site...and many of them in person. Some have also become FB friends of mine...how good is that?

...mae
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/19/2012 6:51:46 PM
It's not a bad thing at all OP.
Post away.
We can always use another forum hottie.
:-P
 Moonchild51
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2012 7:02:15 PM
I too have been with our Miss Mae in banned camp, although I have probably been there way more than she! lol
I thoroughly enjoy the forums with the exception of when they turn sour and bitter. I have gleaned a lot of information from those her on numerous issues. I have learned a lot and made some awesome buddies. Yup, count me in as a die hard forumite then and proud of it! Have I mended my posting ways? Well...somewhat! :)
 MsMicki
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2012 7:55:09 PM
I think I have my own little room in banned camp!!

I've met a few forumites......and hope to meet a few more in the future......

some you just know you could sit on the porch sipping a Margarita and talk for hours with!

and there are those that crawl right up under your skin and drive ya batty like a case of poisen ivy!!

I probably fall into both categories depending on who you ask! :)
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/19/2012 9:44:09 PM
The forums are incredibly interesting for people watching, inspiration, laughter, aggression (wanting to bang your head against a brick wall when someone keeps deliberately misunderstanding people), and pure entertainment.

And TOTALLY agree on having fun and not being so toxic or harsh. Many people seem helpful, kind and genuinely decent; not everyone is a troll or assuming every person is a diva or whatever...

though some people get a little bit "pitchfork mobbed" by fellow forumites on things they are already angry about; those flame topics can get ugly in a hurry...

would be nice having it be more dialogue and less outright warfare sometimes; but still overall, it's fun, entertaining and I have gone throuhg LOTS of popcorn in a few threads :)
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2012 10:46:57 PM
^^^^What is banned camp?....well, it's my home away from home. I'm what they call institutionalized!

Damit...I did it again, put a post on the wrong page.....gettin old sucks!
 JAXDiver
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2012 11:05:08 PM
The forums are where the happy people go, when they are not in the padded rubber room. If you hit post reply too often, the addiction begins and the rubber room isn't too far behind. Or is the rubber room where the profiles are in disguise?
 vestaceres
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/20/2012 4:14:18 AM
I actually went on a date with a man who actually liked what I wrote (I find this unimaginable, but...), in response to a patient's quandary about dating and being treated for his illness.
 blissness108
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2012 4:25:12 AM
I am new and love the Forums! It is a guilty pleasure that I spend much more time in than my profile.

I also have a secret crush on here. It brightens my day when I see/read anything he wrote. He inspires me.

I would come here whether I had discovered him or not, it is a wonderful place. So thank you everyone for making this place so thought provoking, vital and mostly fun. What a great community.
 c_deacon
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2012 11:04:11 AM
Mae and Moonie.......I think that I have been sent to the corner more than both of you put together over the years....and many times for comments and subjects you two decided, along with others to make and start....;0)

The days that we tested the water and boundaries of the forums and created many a good time for those of us getting to know each other are much less now, with all the restrictions and adjustments to POF overall. I continue to see what holes there are in the system, and to create a thought provoking site that allows us to be creative and not just live in "1984".......smiles

I believe that I am one of the main causes of our emotion icons to be adjusted by the "mods", and only a select few can do what many of us use to....but alas, it will not defeat me, and as much as I do not like censorship, I will continue to fight for the rights and privileges of all who are on here, even if I am not happy or disagree.

There have been many a good and bright person that left here for many reasons, and some of us that stay and keep trying even if the dating part does not work with those that are close by, and continue to enjoy those that live afar, keep them as friends, and every so often actually get together to enjoy more!!

cd
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/20/2012 12:20:54 PM

Mae and Moonie.......I think that I have been sent to the corner more than both of you put together over the years....and many times for comments and subjects you two decided, along with others to make and start....;0)

Instigators...if that's what you're implying....I find that very hard to believe. (normally I would have inserted the little innocent looking emoticon) but , oh well.

There have been many a good and bright person that left here for many reasons, and some of us that stay and keep trying even if the dating part does not work with those that are close by, and continue to enjoy those that live afar, keep them as friends, and every so often actually get together to enjoy more!!

Indeed...I have gotten together with forum friends from Florida, Alabama, British Columbia, Oregon and Michigan so far ....Hoping to add to that list :)

...mae
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2012 12:22:50 PM
I like them better, too!
 Lionesse19
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/20/2012 5:50:36 PM
I am one of those who enjoy this forum only. If you think this one is harsh you should try Oasis Community with all the bad language and infighting. I met a few guys from cyberspace but I am over it now. I find it way too anxiety producing and actually it can be risky. There are a few of us only here for the forums, some of us have partners and some dont and dont care.

SOme of the first date stories are an eye opener for sure as are the whiny rants from those who are just not making it. Blame the site and the members for their lack of success.
 realmofthought
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/21/2012 12:08:07 AM
As to your statement...I'm new here and can see the benefits of the forums and the dating scene. I think the "dating" side of this provides a sense of in the now ,whereas forums are more opinion based.
Both are quite interesting.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/21/2012 12:14:55 AM
^^the people watching is a trip on both sides; but I can easily walk away from the profiles/dating side. The forums are more difficult to walk away from ; the people watching is downright addictive...
 NaiveSage
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/21/2012 1:39:06 AM
The forums are definitely the best part about this site. There is just so much information here and so much experience to draw from !
 Walts
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/21/2012 4:36:23 AM
I actually use the forums to for my own personal satisfaction. Read thru them for an hour in the morning and I have enough confidence to rule the world again for another day!!!!! They almost always give me the false belief that I am actually pretty sane too!!!!
 becknboys
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2012 9:17:18 AM
LoL at walts! How true!
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/21/2012 11:07:46 AM
Usually, the only time I look at a profile is when it pertains to the forums. I like to get the demographics of the person who I am referring to.

I like the forums a lot too. I found them shortly after joining 3 years ago and that's where I spend most of my time on POF. I find the dating side of it to be a bit backwards for my liking, but I do meet alot of people at the POF socials we have in my area.

I too have met some fellow forumers. I could have met several others, but our schedules didn't line up. I think what I like most about the forums is the variety of opinions. I don't always agree with all of them, but it's nice to get an insight into the minds of others. If we all thought alike, the forums would be pretty boring.

I've never been to banned camp myself. That's because I'm a saint. They banned a picture of mine once? Do I get any points for that?

Oh well. From now on I'm going to be bad.
 AlfredoDP
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/22/2012 2:43:40 PM
Let's tell the truth: forums? Because nothing else to do.
 AlfredoDP
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/22/2012 2:45:09 PM
Ashley, Ashley... How about a morning work out?
 Miss_ing
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/23/2012 7:45:13 PM
No you are not alone. I was searching for Travel blogs and this site came up and I have been having fun reading or responding to the forums. The dating/profile section is fine but not something I am gonna rely on for dating purposes unless it's someone who gets my attention. I agree on the "self pity threads," and think "Wow! this person needs help or needs a little advice." Most of the time I am reading the forums for a smile.
 DragonBits
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/23/2012 9:12:48 PM
I have liked the forums, but as blonde angel said, a lot of threads get deleted because they are heated. I can't see any other reason for them to get deleted other than some group of people or maybe a mod didn't like the subject. Never sure 100% why they get deleted, some of them have gone on for long period of time then they get deleted.

I have gotten banned twice, but once I didn't know I was not suppose to post in a UK forum. Once I told someone they were cantankerous, which given the level of rancor at times, seemed pretty tame. But no big deal, while threads getting deleted I think the site loses a measure of interest.

If threads that are the most interesting are always getting deleted, it seems like the forums become too vanilla.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Forums are grabbing my attention more than the profiles, OH NO!! lol