Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Forums are grabbing my attention more than the profiles, OH NO!! lol      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 51
Forums are grabbing my attention more than the profiles, OH NO!! lolPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
^^^it's interesting... I was actually toying with flat out deleting my profile since I"m dating someone anyways; but I keep coming back to I can't post in forums if I do that...

and two above^^^ totally know what you mean... had a thread that was three pages in on how it would be convenient to have the option to filter who you see and there isn't, and yet somehow a day and a half and three pages in with most of it extremely tame; poof. Whole topic gone. Middle of the night with no clue why.

And some REALLY fun topics have gone. I know they can blow away a few posters at a time if tings get heated; but haven't figured out yet why entire threads go.. Ah well... vanilla can still be good; obviously I'm still here...
 ItsMargo
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Forums are grabbing my attention more than the profiles, OH NO!! lol
Posted: 6/25/2012 7:33:42 AM

honestly hope that i won't be looking back at these posts five years from now!

I've been here 5 years (met my sweetie through POF and stayed for the forums) and it is a total kick when an old thread resurfaces and you get to revisit yourself!

**What happens in Band Camp, stays in Band Camp**
I've never been banned. I don't say this as a badge of merit, its just a factoid. I'm either too polite or people don't understand my insults hahaa. My sweetie got banned on a fairly regular basis and many/most/some of my forum friends have had a turn at band camp.

I actually have TRIED to get banned. When I get worked up about something it kinda comes out as menacing as "Cry havoc and let slip the poodles of war". People probably looked at my worst posts and backed away thinking "wow, Margo is having a really bad day, send her a virtual beer".
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/25/2012 7:58:06 AM

People probably looked at my worst posts and backed away thinking "wow, Margo is having a really bad day, send her a virtual beer".

Unfortunately they have done away with the emoticons *sad face* so "No beers for you" ...lol

I can see by the responses how many others enjoy the forums, I can't tell you how upset I was when they (adm) decided to take away the link. We lost a lot of regulars at that time. Some still haven't bothered to come back.

...mae
 Janet_Always
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/25/2012 9:16:20 AM
The forums are the only reason I signed up again.

It's funny because you go away for several months, come back and the same threads are still active...

it's like never being gone ;)
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/25/2012 12:53:07 PM
I know that one other topic the woman's "exclusive" guy said he was addicted to being flirted with and attended by other women so he wouldn't hide his profile and I kind of scoffed at him and told her she could do WAY better...

but think I am more than a little addicted on this side to the people watching (hid my profile a couple weeks ago so am not taking mail from strangers since I'm dating but only hid, not deleted so I could stay in forums. And since it is WAY too easy to come on for "a few minutes" only to have an hour go by here and there with the entertainment, the bashing my head against the brick wall AND the feel good stories...(and much hysterical laughter) I can't fault him for his addiction when I can't cure my own addiction to the forums :)

so here's to cold turkey...funny posts... the next 100 versions of hte nice guy thread... the wars, the feel good stories, the illuminations... and to any of you going through or having recently gone through divorce; remember... war is not the way to go. Because the casualties are usually kids and loved ones. And the only money to be made will be the lawyers; you, your ex NOR your kids will get it. If you can get through it civil, it will go well for you and give your kids WAY less therapy bills (and you less bar bills) :) .

here's some popcorn... and some twizzlers... bon appetit, and happy posting :)

*poof*
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/30/2012 2:13:40 PM
I agree 100%! I gave up on the profiles a long time ago. I would send nice messages & never got a response, & most of the ones who contacted me looked 20 years older than me or they were perverts. I made a friend on here, a lady, we have been writing to each other for almost a year now. She has become one of my closest friends, & I've never even met her yet! I alsways look foward to a letter from her, we share lots of different things we are going thru, I'm hoping to get to meet her soon! That has been the best part of this site for me, & I never expected that!
 Gargymil
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/1/2012 10:55:46 PM
I have been on POF for 4 years ... It started out to find some one after the ex and I went our separate ways . I went on a blind date ( she had no pic and I am a twit ) , not my kinda girl and have been coming to the forums ever since .
The problem for me is , too much time wasted when I could just be getting drunk . So after some long voyages through my mind , contemplating how to brake the addiction I figured , get on the bike , leave the puter at home and go away for a month and break the habit . 4 years without a date is long enough I figure so 3 more weeks and I will be gone.
 Gargymil
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/1/2012 11:01:56 PM
If you go by the date I joined , that is my most recent profile as I have tried to quit and deleted the account a number of times . I have been Indenial , Abynrml and a couple others . just in case you were about to jump on my wagon ... :)
 turnitover1959
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/4/2013 9:42:49 PM
Its okay because it gives you the various info on dating and what people are thinking these days. I don't know about you but I get punchy after looking at a few dozen profiles. It can be a nice break as long as you don't take some of it too seriously
 Casper66
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2013 10:19:30 PM
Welcome to the forums OP, it's been my guilty pleasure for a lot of years now, dam I'm getting old. When I've been in relationships, I would hide my profile and put "forums only" on my profile tagline, they have been a great source of laughter, debate and jaw dropping wonder at what people will say and do, I'm completely addicted.
 Casper66
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2013 10:24:05 PM

Welcome to the Hotel California
We are all prisoners here, of our own device
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. Just when I thought I was out, they sucked me back

lol this is sooooo true
 slowitalldown
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/5/2013 12:27:17 AM
And thank god for the forums at 330 am when I can't sleep!
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/5/2013 2:56:59 AM
although it seems to attract the most losers amongst the men for dating, the forum is by far and away the best of the few I have encountered. I am a convert and no longer bother with the meeting up side of things but love my daily fix on the forums.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/5/2013 5:39:01 AM
I agree, the forums can be fun, the dating here, not so much. Its fun to see that many others experiences similar things in trying to date, some are funny so are just smart mouths, but overall its entertainment. It was fun during the long winter months. Many of the women on forums are smart, educated and witty.. some of the men as as well. I find some are reflective of the general male population of POF. I stay for the forums and date elsewhere.. it is like Hotel California, lol
 Orgulloso
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/5/2013 5:46:10 AM
The forums are by far the best part of POF experience. There are some fantastic forumites (we can't use names for fear of being banned) but "veteran" forumites know who they are.

I don't remember my last POF date lol!
 zelig77
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/5/2013 6:27:29 AM
The forums and the 'dating side' of PoF have always been worlds apart for me.

When I've had an active profile (i.e. looking to meet people) I haven't participated in the forums. When I've been focusing on dating/getting to know one person exclusively I'll create a 'for the forums only' type profile that is hidden and won't even look at the dating side. I'm in front of a computer screen most of each work day and the forums are a diversion. Sometimes entertaining, sometimes frustrating.

I've recently had a change in my status (100% single again, lol) and am considering a switch back over...
 chrisknew
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/5/2013 9:44:38 AM
As with any other chat forums.. its allows a person to express on an intellectual basis, which we as humans crave. Thats what makes this site so successful. One can converse on a variety of topic, as though we are all in the same room.

There are a few selected individuals that I have favored due to the comments on the forums. I like the way they think.
 Proteaus
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/5/2013 9:50:15 AM
Seems the longer I am on this dating site the less interested in the profiles I am . Basically the same profiles are always there , very few new ones ever show up . Look at that chemistry button and look at the women it says I will be most likely to date , what a joke . Rather be alone .
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/5/2013 11:01:21 AM
You will absolutely love that,as someone brought up.You could walk away, comeback in a month and we'll still be welcoming you as if you had never left.Welcome aboard and have fun!
 lightninbug22
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/6/2013 12:53:54 AM

Your true initiation begins when you get sent to banned camp, LOL ;o)
Doesn't take much to get there though

No kidding!!! I was sent to banned camp very early on for just defending my views in a respectful and reasonable way in response to someone who was outright mean, rude and a name-caller. The policy is that in any "altercation", everyone involved is banned. However, I think she must have been banned permanently, they let me back on only after 2 days.

Having finally escaped her abuse, I have enjoyed the debates and different viewpoints on the forums, and have found most of them quite entertaining and informative.
 dinno76
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/14/2015 5:22:53 PM
The forums are better than the dating site .
 FinanceWizzard
Msg: 72
Posted: 9/15/2015 5:49:20 AM
I've just found these forums and have spent hours reading over some of the threads.
There is so much useful information here regarding dating, it's help me to undersatand the importance of being cool and not let online dating get me down
 StarClassic
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/15/2015 3:00:42 PM
Didn't read through all of the replies (it's not much of one, but I do have a life).

Just thought I'd put this out there for those new, New, NEW, to the forums:
Welcome to the Dark Side. We have COOKIES.

Me? I'm just here for the cookies. And to flirt with KJ (I've been slacking in that area lately). Which, brings to mind KJ. What's with the "Don't Molest the Alligators" sign? Is that one'a them "Here, hold my beer" things? Or is it one'a the "Someone hold my dignity, I'm gonna try some sketchy sh!t" things that puts them on the sex offenders list?
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 74
Posted: 9/15/2015 6:29:04 PM
yes this tends to happen :)
 deetristate
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/16/2015 2:19:43 PM
This morning a man at the coffee shop complimented several women there. They all smiled, even the serious business types and the female cop. Men are not so confident and wait too long to pose meeting at pof. Hence your loss of inyerest
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Forums are grabbing my attention more than the profiles, OH NO!! lol