Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Forums are grabbing my attention more than the profiles, OH NO!! lol      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Seki1949
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Forums are grabbing my attention more than the profiles, OH NO!! lolPage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
"This morning a man at the coffee shop complimented several women there. They all smiled, even the serious business types and the female cop."

Later in the day Internet Outrage resulted in him being fired from his job for sexual harrassment.
 LaAcesa
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Forums are grabbing my attention more than the profiles, OH NO!! lol
Posted: 9/17/2015 3:18:10 AM
I haven't been on POF since 2009 and I only came back for the forums. Haha!
 Truthpilot
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/17/2015 12:32:14 PM
^^^^ Forums were far better just six months ago. There is currently an ongoing "cleansing" and people are fearful about speaking out for they might be next. This is leading to boring, vanilla-while forum posting imho, at least compared to what it once was.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 79
Posted: 9/17/2015 12:38:36 PM
From the mouth of an angry protester in Ferguson...

LET'S BURN THIS MOTHERFVCKER TO THE GROUND!

Truthpilot
Msg: 80
Posted: 9/17/2015 12:46:20 PM
^^^^^^^^

LOL. I think that is already happening.
 LaAcesa
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2015 7:17:12 PM
The forums used to be the best thing about POF. I met my very best friend here when I replied to something he posted. We hit if off immediately and have been best friends ever since. That was in August 2007. Wow, that seems like forever ago now. LOL
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2015 7:20:07 PM
The forums are the best. The dating site itself?? not so much.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2015 5:07:39 AM
I like the forums best.
 2ufo
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/19/2015 8:18:39 PM

Forums were far better just six months ago. There is currently an ongoing "cleansing" and people are fearful about speaking out for they might be next. This is leading to boring, vanilla-while forum posting imho, at least compared to what it once was.

I don't think the forums were that much better six months ago.
Maybe a lot of people are getting deleted, but I don't think people are fearful about speaking out since they're back a day or two later. I'm not, I usually just don't have much to say. Or perhaps vanilla is the flavor of the month. Or the questions are repetitive. Or it's ending summer and everyone is getting out and doing summer things before winter comes.
If you want a conspiracy theory, there are much more entertaining ones.
 Older_N_Wiser
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2015 10:10:05 PM
If the forums are dying out it could be that a lot of people don't know they exist. When I first joined this site there was a link on the top menu of the dating side for the forums. I haven't seen that link in a few years now. So it's mostly us old-timers to the site who know how to get here. I have the link to the forums saved in my favorites folder. Whenever I make a new contact on the dating side, I let them know about the forums and forward the link to them. Maybe we all need to get the word out about this side so more, new people, can join us here.
 tacitly
Msg: 86
Posted: 9/20/2015 7:55:02 AM
Sorry 2ufo but you are absolutely wrong. What the profile terminations have done is to quash opinions, personalities and dissent. Discussion over contoversial topics is not allowed here if opinions are considered offensive by the main playing women here. Not only are the boards considerably less interesting then six months ago but far less interesting than a few years ago. Best I can tell most of the most interesting posters have been terminated and have not come back.

The reasons why are because people like moderate recall-tall iq, who continues to report people behind the scenes, and motown and their followers are bullies and want the boards run their way. If motown and her clan did not like you, you were deemed a "troll" and we're reported into banishment.

Some great points of view and discussions and personalities were terminated far too early because of these people, and I did not see the people being terminated being defended, and I must admit this board has caused me to have a lot less respect for middle-aged women than I have had in the past. It's hard not to see so many of you as petty, intolerant and just plain not nice.

I would be very, very concerned about what is out there to date for middle-aged guys if I was in that world. I might conclude dating was not worth it. I know I would think very poorly of the dating world if some woman I didn't know gave me some floss on a first date. I would wonder if all divorced women out there are so damaged as to be beyond redemption.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 87
Posted: 9/20/2015 8:33:11 AM

tacitly
Not only are the boards considerably less interesting then six months ago but far less interesting than a few years ago.

I must admit this board has caused me to have a lot less respect for middle-aged women than I have had in the past. It's hard not to see so many of you as petty, intolerant and just plain not nice.

The better question to ask is why do you keep coming back with yet another profile, if this has turned into a boring forum, and you hate the forum members so much?

Only a masoquist or someone with an internet addiction would return to a place that inflict him/her so much pain.
 tacitly
Msg: 88
Posted: 9/20/2015 8:43:19 AM
How do you equate boring with pain? You are a good example of what I am talking about. You have nothing interesting to say. You probably have been a yes man, submitting to authority all of your life. The typical American subdued male without the intellect or the knowledge to stand up for yourself let alone any others here. Be a good little boy, and they will allow you to remain.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 89
Posted: 9/20/2015 8:49:19 AM
Wow, you're a genius! You described me to a "T".
 2ufo
Msg: 90
Posted: 9/20/2015 6:52:58 PM
Tacitly.... (and future incarnations of you)

No, it is you who is absolutely wrong.
(See, I can make pronouncements as well as you can.)

I must admit this board has caused me to have a lot less respect for middle-aged women than I have had in the past. It's hard not to see so many of you as petty, intolerant and just plain not nice.

I agree; I also have much less respect for the opposite sex who so often appear to be cruel, vicious, mean, and occasionally idiotic when they hide behind their posts. I also think poorly of the dating world when some male expects sex on the first meet.

If Motown and moderate where the instigators, then why did they get deleted?

Anyway, you're married and out of the dating pool (one would hope) while I'm still optimistic about humanity.
And, at 57, I've seen enough inhumanity and cruelty that I'm pretty sure I'm not going to suddenly become pessimist because of a bit of computer-based stupidity and adolescent clique behavior by anyone.

As usual, see you later.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 91
Posted: 9/20/2015 8:40:41 PM
Im pretty much an individual and no one else speaks for me or thru me or anything else ...I have heard of gangs and bullies for years, but I think the whole thing is whimsical cause the bottom line is if someone posts something that is bullshit then a majority of people are going to call them on it--doesn't make them part of a gang or being bullies.

I think some people find it hard to believe that really no one else likes them...they are so full of anger and hatred and it shows in their posts so just because a "group of people" individually don't like you--doesn't convert them into a gang.
 nukedking
Msg: 93
Posted: 9/21/2015 11:00:27 AM
giggles, due to your absense, you may not be aware of what has been happening here. Yes there are gangs. But key members of these gangs have recently been deleted by others using the gang's own medicine against them. It really came down to if people did not like you, they reported you and then people were deleted automatically or through the use of moderators who deleted based on the number of reports.

Calling "bullshit" is one thing. Termination of a profile is totally different . . . . a quashing of free thought. That's all it is.

One of these people . . . finally terminated through group effort, loved to label people she did not like as being a "troll". A truly vile individual who liked to bully other people whenever she had the opportunity. She tried to come back with her former profile, but she was nuked again. So I expect she will have a new profile when she finally returns.

rennips1949
Msg: 94
Posted: 9/21/2015 1:52:13 PM
Dear Mr. Recurring Sh*tstirrer

I must admit this board has caused me to have a lot less respect for middle-aged women than I have had in the past.

Nice try, but genuine respect for a particular group of people is not diminished by a few negative experiences.

I suspect that our recurring whinertroll has such a sucky life that trying to pick fights in the forum is the only entertainment he has.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 95
Posted: 9/21/2015 1:57:11 PM
Dang what a wicked no life bunch we are then ....anyone ever think that it could all just be one person with a ton of profiles --no need for a gang ...
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 96
Posted: 9/21/2015 3:40:23 PM
I left last year or something like that and back then there was a lot of issues with unilateral deleting/banning... with some pretty different rules (I actually got banned for three days for too SHORT of posts... the irony).

But from what I've seen since being back, I thought that the moderators were gone... so is this unusual, or is the missing posters/possts more prevalent than just the past couple days?

What exactly am I walking into in here? More than a little confused...
 delmar_brame
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/22/2015 8:31:41 AM
moonbeam, you have walked into the end times of the POF forums. The activity here is a fraction of what it once was. The subjects discussed not nearly as interesting. The best posters, male and female, have been terminated. The bullies succeeded in terminating their enemies. Banning wars ensued. Soon people from all factions were being terminated. The results are boards that are not 1/10 as vibrant as they have been in the past.
 delmar_brame
Msg: 98
Posted: 9/22/2015 8:37:51 AM

Nice try, but genuine respect for a particular group of people is not diminished by a few negative experiences.

And yet you believe that older women have no interest in relationships. And I have said over and over that older and loving women are very interested in relationships. We are not talking about damaged goods here. We are talking about women, who for whatever reason, are available and hoping to find love.

The mistake you have repeatedly made is thinking that many older women are like the verbose, men hating women posting on these boards. But they are not.

That's not to say it is easy to find somebody with whom you will be compatible. Only to say that there are plenty of older women out there looking.
 spot4username
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/22/2015 9:05:02 AM

And yet you believe that older women have no interest in relationships. And I have said over and over that older and loving women are very interested in relationships. We are not talking about damaged goods here. We are talking about women, who for whatever reason, are available and hoping to find love.

The mistake you have repeatedly made is thinking that many older women are like the verbose, men hating women posting on these boards. But they are not.

That's not to say it is easy to find somebody with whom you will be compatible. Only to say that there are plenty of older women out there looking.

*raises hand*
Older woman who would very much like to find love checking in. I believe there are many amazing single men and women out there actively and passively hoping to find love.
 rennips1949
Msg: 100
Posted: 9/22/2015 10:51:43 AM
I'm beginning to think that I was using standards from "back in the day", and expecting mature unpartnered adults to invest the same amount of time. effort and interest in dating/relationships as we all did "back in the day".

And I have said over and over that older and loving women are very interested in relationships.

Yet here you are spewing bile in the forums, using a stash of "backup IDs" ....you DO understand that nultiple profile are a violation of TOS, don't you. When you might be out there dating all these loving older women,instead

You are trying to claim that the forums are on the way out...so then why do you keep coming back?
Do you think you can shout, swear and bully your way to forum acceptance?
Yeah. Good luck with that.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Forums are grabbing my attention more than the profiles, OH NO!! lol