Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Forums are grabbing my attention more than the profiles, OH NO!! lol      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Forums are grabbing my attention more than the profiles, OH NO!! lolPage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I like the forums much better, too. All the "cool" guys who contact me live too far away, and the ones who live close by and contact me.....well, I don't know why, because we just aren't looking for the same things.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Forums are grabbing my attention more than the profiles, OH NO!! lol
Posted: 3/19/2016 9:50:03 PM
forums are the only reason I'm here.

PoF for dates? This is a dry lifeless hole.

Might as well write messages to myself.
 AngeL_FeaT
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/20/2016 8:59:00 AM

I don't know. It seems like some people who talk (sometimes) about their positive about their experience still complain about their negative experiences or treat their perceived success as if it's somehow exceptional. I know it's not all wine and roses out there but those I think those who are used to winning, win gracefully with little drama.

People have varying levels of "success" & that varies even more so with age...
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/20/2016 1:32:05 PM

For crying out loud, if you don’t have money to spend on dating, then forget about dating and work on improving your situation in life.

One does not need money to spend on free dates.

And then there is this:

According to the World Bank website, over 2.1 BILLION people in the developing world lived on less than US $3.10 a day in 2012.

And I'm pretty sure that a lot of those people are dating and getting married anyway.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/20/2016 4:10:57 PM
When the Forums still had visible moderators and were still listed on the banner, there were far more participants. At least 5 times as many as now, if not 10. Far easier to spot someone you found attractive, had a similar attitude/take on things, and might be a good match per their profile. Just a distant memory now.

HOPE or any semblance of it on any OLD site is a very attractive thing.
 cassie2425
Msg: 122
Posted: 3/20/2016 4:33:42 PM
^^^. Kind of reminds me of Bruce Springsteen's song Glory Days. You sing that song a lot Slaffa.

Maybe there is a shift to something else. Other sites or Tinder or the like. Or, actually meeting in real life situations. But after 9 years and still singing Glory Days...maybe it's time to ty something new.
 scorpioinOregon
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/21/2016 10:29:37 PM
I've learned really valuable things here at the forums, over the years. Where else can I ask 20 guys a question and get unbiased opinions ( not necessarily from guys) on subjects I don't want to ask my friends about?

Relationships have come and gone, but the forums are still here, even if they aren't as popular.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2016 12:50:32 AM
Join the club. I much prefer the forums.
 Spiritousmistinhabits
Msg: 125
Posted: 3/24/2016 3:48:22 AM

One does not need money to spend on free dates.

And then there is this:

According to the World Bank website, over 2.1 BILLION people in the developing world lived on less than US $3.10 a day in 2012.

And I'm pretty sure that a lot of those people are dating and getting married anyway.

This is a reflection of your cheapskatery and ignorance.
 AngeL_Feats
Msg: 126
Posted: 3/24/2016 6:56:25 PM
^^another one bites the dust. Eternity gets nuked bec. some do not like her posts.

But she has just as much of a right to heropinions as do others.

Smart women marched & worked hard for equal rights. Are those rights being skewed by some to match their own agenda?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Forums are grabbing my attention more than the profiles, OH NO!! lol