Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many people actually go on a second date ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 south_city
Msg: 98
How many people actually go on a second date ? Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I agree a better looking person probably has a longer rope in terms of displaying poor behavior during a date. I also agree it can often take multiple dates to determine how compatible people are for a possible LTR. However there have been instances when I knew that I didn't have that much in common with a woman after 1 date due to things she mentioned during the date and phone/text/email conversations. Our differences gradually added up and the tipping point happened sometime during the first and only date. My decision had very little to do with looks or personality.
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 99
How many people actually go on a second date ?
Posted: 8/28/2017 3:54:32 PM

I only chance a second date if I have good sex on the first date~

;-)
 sandwater
Msg: 100
Posted: 8/28/2017 7:53:01 PM

Now, she likes someone else better -- yeah. Doesn't mean he lacks the attraction To garner her interest, but At The Time, he does because her focal point is elsewhere. But in the end, the basics are the same -- she's not physically attracted to him enough (to override a guy she also went out on a date with).

Chemistry isn't always about just looks for me. I remember having dates with 2 different men in the same general time period. One man was better looking. But I felt I had a stronger overall connection with the second man.
 MichelleAndFuture700
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2017 6:31:43 AM
It's very true and that's the problem with sites is that because of the amount of choice everyone (especially women) are very unforgiven about the slightest thing
 gtomustang
Msg: 102
Posted: 9/8/2017 6:45:41 AM
its like a cup of coffee, we used to accept whatever came out of the pot, now we have Starbucks and we can "reveal" our personality by being particular about the ingredients in our mug.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 103
Posted: 9/8/2017 8:37:48 AM
Oh, cooldog. Do you see what I see?
 cooldog65
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2017 9:01:21 AM
^^^I see my future and she has an English accent!
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 105
Posted: 9/8/2017 11:02:49 AM

I see my future and she has an English accent!

I see what you did there.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2017 9:43:31 PM
Cooldog.......checking flights on British Airways, hopes he doesn't return on Virgin Atlantic✈✈✈✈😉

The best way to try and ensure a 2nd date is by taking the selection process seriously. Not only do you pick who you like, but consider the other person to think if they will think if you'll mesh with shared views on life and shared interests. You'll have so much to talk about, and you'll sound interesting. Interest and curiosity creates a 2nd date.
 south_city
Msg: 107
Posted: 9/9/2017 8:54:22 AM

It's very true and that's the problem with sites is that because of the amount of choice everyone (especially women) are very unforgiven about the slightest thing

Good point. People can develop the "grass is greener" attitude when they have many potential options.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2017 9:55:56 AM
I heard it thru the grapevine.................POF is taking applications for ,"The Pond Circus". They need hoop jumpers.

How many people ACTUALLY meet someone...................for the first time?
How many people take a leap of faith, and jump at the opportunity to meet a total stranger.?.................Why? Why not?
(Use your own transportation, arrive at, and stay in a venue open to the public.)
How many people, stop making excuses, overcome the fear of, "The unknown", throw out the preconceived list of requirements, ( He or she must...?????????????)...............and.......................
JUST DO IT! Relax, get dressed, get out, meet, have fun!

I met many men who did not fulfill my "gotta have" list. But I enjoyed the "date", and without the 1st meet there would never have been a 2nd date.
My attitude is, (with middle finger to the wind, ) the only person standing in my way, is.....................me.
Forget "the list', ignore "the rules", move past, "the fear", and crimany.......................HAVE FUN!
Life is way too short to spend sooooo much time, hiding behind walls...............real and imaginary.

How many people take a leap of faith, and jump at the opportunity to meet a total stranger.?.................Why? Why not?
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2017 10:08:10 AM

How many people ACTUALLY meet someone...................for the first time?

Raises hand.

How many people take a leap of faith, and jump at the opportunity to meet a total stranger.?...

Raises hand.

How many people, stop making excuses, overcome the fear of, "The unknown", throw out the preconceived list of requirements, ( He or she must...?????????????)...............and.......................

Raises hand.

JUST DO IT! Relax, get dressed, get out, meet, have fun!

Raises hand.

and without the 1st meet there would never have been a 2nd date.

A statement of logic which is lost on many who use OLD.

One has move out of square one to get to square two.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2017 11:01:22 AM
Fullmoonguy, LOL

Yes! I had one of those number puzzle games, when I was a kid. 1-15, you had to slide the numbered squares around to get them in the proper order. Kinda like a Rubiks cube. I loved that thing. I could "solve it" in about 3 minutes.

I admit............ meeting people is easy for me..................there are days I come here and read line after line of excuses, "Gotta follow the rules,/ I can't do this / I would never do that". "It's their fault, ......................It's them". "Too short / too tall, too big"................blah blah blah.................

I didn't take excuses from my kids either! Grandkids try, grandma says, "Chop, chop, move"!

Ok, LOL, I'm thankful to live out of harms way, no hurricanes, no fires and no earthquakes.
The sun is shining, I hear the weeds calling!
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2017 7:35:00 PM
Lol,,, hard to get a meet even.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many people actually go on a second date ?