Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Middle aged man, new Camaro      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 51
Middle aged man, new CamaroPage 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
i've been told...a woman will not look 'inside' unless she likes the 'outside'..if u got it..flaunt it!!
 Wonder5750
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Middle aged man, new Camaro
Posted: 6/24/2012 8:21:15 AM
I was looking at cars yesterday, and saw a beautiful Shelby mustang. Now that was a car!... however I am in the market for a used jeep cherokee lol. I love those things, I've had 2 of them and keep giving them to my kids.
 statemachine500
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/24/2012 11:22:38 AM

Some of my most fun memories are from the late 60's, working as a carhop at a place called the Short Stop in Kent, Ohio. The place just filled up with all the hot cars of the time, souped up stock cars....soooo much fun! I'm lovin' this thread. :)

My little town's centre was four corners.Two gas stations,convenience store and burger place.Lots of parking.Long straightaways in each direction.One cop.
 Janet_Always
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/24/2012 11:35:07 AM
I think of Camaros and Mustangs as cars for kids... my first new car was a Camaro at 18 years old.

Now? I'm more into comfort and practicality. I don't care about going fast...

I wouldn't be turned off no matter what kind of car a guy drove, but a sports car wouldn't impress me either.

It takes much more than an automobile to make a man.
 zippytwo
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/24/2012 1:05:51 PM
Personally if I can ever afford to buy another car, it will be a vehicle I can 'step up into' and 'down out of'...I have kind of a sporty car now and I sit so low which now is not all that comfortable. (I've actually put a cushion on my seat!) If I was fortunate to have a gentleman pick me up for a date and he showed up in a Camaro or any sporty car where I had to struggle to get in and out of...well, I'd have to really think about it. Nothing graceful about having to take two or three tries to get out of the front seat. I'd actually prefer to ride in a truck! A clean and shiny truck! Much better view as well sitting up so high.
 tgrlily3
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/24/2012 1:26:14 PM
Does it scream mid-life crisis? Probably but who cares. Drive the vehicle you want and make sure you open the door for her :)
 vanityfair55
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/24/2012 2:17:41 PM
Ah car of my youth, had a 67 and 69 camaro back in the day.
 statemachine500
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/24/2012 7:25:33 PM

even had a 74 montreal

Saw one at a local show here about 3 years ago,hadn't seen one in years,beautiful car.
 statemachine500
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/24/2012 7:29:05 PM

Soooo, are YOU the cop? ooooor when the cop goes down one straightaway, do you punch it going down another?--

Hahaha,not the cop.Lots of hot cars at night,wait for the cop to go in the other direction.Lived on an island,a coastal road about 10 miles around,cop made one tour every 8 hours...
 stellavixen
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/24/2012 8:52:06 PM
Congrats hon.

I have been looking at Mustangs myself.

Ooooo and the new Dodge Chargers.

Funny how the car industry is bringing back the muscle car look for us now that we are hitting our mid life crisis....
 ladyc4
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/25/2012 7:29:31 AM
Was working on stuff Saturday afternoon, had TV on tuned to broadcast of Barrett-Jackson classic car auction- a freakin' PARADE of midlife crises, past present and future!
Absofreakin'lutely delicious.
R.I.P Carrol Shelby.
Cindy O
 carol636
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2012 2:53:06 PM
For me, a first date, I usually meet the man somewhere. If you know she'll be riding in your vehicle, you might consider taking the Camaro because it's not easy to get in/out of a truck with a dress or skirt on. Just a thought.
 nativerock
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/25/2012 2:59:07 PM

Having owned a number of sports cars throughout my life, I never found that it helped pick up women. Now that I'm no longer young, I would expect it to be even less of a help.

That is for sure, in fact I prefer men that do not drive cars.. Those men are usually good walkers and in decent shape.. If they want to go away they can simply rent one for a lot cheaper than owning one would be..
 tbicon
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/26/2012 9:27:45 AM
Yea but you live in Manhattan. Where I live, you can't get anywhere if you don't have a car, which is the way it is in most places, unless you want to use public transportation, which is spotty at best and takes forever.
 nativerock
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/26/2012 9:34:53 AM

Yea but you live in Manhattan. Where I live, you can't get anywhere if you don't have a car, which is the way it is in most places, unless you want to use public transportation, which is spotty at best and takes forever.

Used to live in Manhattan but retired and return home to the Island Of Montreal.. I rarely take public transportation except in the very cold winter months.. Our public transport is very good here.. However no reason to use it if the weather is over 10 degrees.. I just bundle up and head out with my stylish cart to shop..
 TryAgan
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2012 9:46:01 AM

OK, I bought a new Camaro.

Camaro? For that money, you could buy a really nice camera.
 mlb33161
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/26/2012 5:18:40 PM
I agree...drive the cleanest nicest car for a good 1st impression! I went on a date a few months ago...his truck stunk, the windshield was so bug splattered I could barely see out of it and the brakes were in really bad shape...squeaked & were grinding! Not a good impression at all! Basically it told me he doesn't care about his property and is lazy about cleaning his things & taking care of things.

The guy I'm interested in being exclusive with has a new Camaro, but our 1st date was in his '94 Chevy truck...looked brand new! Lifted, big tires...stunning!! Second date was in the Camaro. My daughter has one so I'm not that excited about it...I ride in one all the time with my daughter...no big deal! He has a Harley I can't wait to take a road trip on too! But his old truck...drool!! But that's just me!!! I about cried when he sold that '94 Chevy for a plastic stinking brand new Jeep Wrangler :(
 Emmashome
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2012 11:47:56 PM
You would look so good in your camaro....use it!
Bonnie
 jennywong
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2012 12:13:37 AM
My vote is with the majority on this one: if you took the trouble to make a COOL midlife crisis purchase (it's not like you're attempting to bone 16 y/o women, right?) Go ahead and ENJOY your Camaro. And enjoy the women who also enjoy your Camaro (it means they are pre-disposed to understand this aspect of you, right?) This is one of those situations where NO ONE IS GRADING YOU... have FUN.
 wingfoot_
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/27/2012 12:26:19 PM
A "mid-life crisis" is not having a new Camaro.
 TheGentlemanCaller
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/27/2012 4:12:56 PM
First of all it should not matter what others think, other then you. If it offends your date or gives her the wrong impression you can end the "fake" interest right away. If you think it screams midlife crisis then you may give off that impression when you date. Honestly, if you like the car, have the car you have always wanted who cares what others think.Don't cow tow popular impression. Be yourself, enjoy the car and have a great date.
 sunnybeachgirl
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2012 6:31:49 PM
Love my Porsche Boxster, too!
 hotmerlot
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/27/2012 7:05:35 PM
I'd just be grateful that you showed up, driving either vehicle is a bonus. :)
 larissan04
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/29/2012 11:46:37 PM
No, do not drive the truck. personally, i hate trucks. if there is one thing i do not understand is the male need for having a "truck." wtf? the truck is usually a horribly bumpy ride (ever try putting on mascara in a pick up truck? didn't think so! ), it looks stupid, there is always something bouncing around or rolling around in the back of the darn thing, there is no back seat to make out in, and why oh why oh why do guys put that stupid, trashy, gawd awful embarressing set of "balls" on the back of their trucks? gawd! nothing screams trailer then a pair of balls dangling on the bumper of the truck...

okay, i feel better now.

i don't like trucks.
 daffie
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2012 6:49:42 AM
mmmmmmmmmm...
isn't a truck without balls the same as a cowboy without a horse?

well i can tell you a woman certainly doesn't want someone...oooops, something...loud and windy...
so go the camaro!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Middle aged man, new Camaro