Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > the idea of controlling ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 scareymush
Msg: 5
the idea of controlling ...Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

is there something in the human brain which says to be in control or life is a failure?

I'm not too sure OP if you are thinking along the lines of a macro or micro environment (it seems you may have confused them both)

With regards to a micro environment type example as in who is in the driving seat throughout a relationship, I would say that is between the two people involved and I wouldn't like to guess at what goes on between two people within their relationship - it's none of my business...the dynamic of their relationship has absolutely nothing to do with me personally.

On a somewhat broader scale I can take umbrage with people exercising their control over a group of people quite easily and imagine that an unqualified, unsolicited spokesperson for that particular group has a terrible cheek...I've seen it happen with one of my son's group of friends a while ago where some female elected herself as the person who would organise the group re nights out and get togethers.....she refused to invite along people she didn't approve of..namely the people who were most popular and surpassed her looks and personality wise - they all copped onto her and realised she was just a jealous cow and the took the power away from her which previously they had conceded to her - I have to say she was a dreadful bully ( I read what she wrote on Face book), such a ****...

On a far broader scale......hmmmmmm, you'd have to be fairly politicised to deal with that and in this day and age very i]au fait with economics because apparently that is what rules our everyday lives for now.
 badge73
Msg: 6
view profile
History
the idea of controlling ...
Posted: 6/29/2012 9:34:23 AM
i only used the car driving as a bit of an example, i should of worded it a bit better as really was on about a group of people or an event.

think more of the realms of characters of the capt mainwaring and mrs bucket, who automatically put themselves in charge without any consent whats so ever, as soon as they step forward the groups doomed from the start and better off walking away.

could even be the case of upbringing and gene debate of those who are born to lead etc or to the point those that think they are born to lead.
 scareymush
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/6/2012 2:53:01 AM
^^^ goodness gracious me!!

There used to be a woman on here (probably another fake persona in reality..she was slightly ott) who'd quite possibly have fallen head over heels in love with you just because of your alpha male type post above haha...(if not head over heels in love, she'd certainly have flicked her bean like a good 'un after reading that post!)

love it, in case you hadn't picked up that vibe. And no apologies for offensive schmaltziness - if you were where I am now, you'd get it. And want to sing it from the rooftops.

I can't wait to discover why you feel the need to join a dating site whilst happily ensconced in an apparently very satisfactory relationship where both of you play the role of master and slave equally......maybe you're kinky or something and both of you are in search of an easily dominated slavish third wheel/gooseberry - it's all so very Ma and Pa West of you I must say.

I need a bath after reading your post.
 safaa30
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2012 5:28:09 AM
^^^True that. It only makes sense to let him take control in things I know less about. Otherwise I'll end up like Awwwshuck's ex, my foolishness splashed all over a dating website lol. I think the more people are alike the more they have power fights as they generally have the same interests and want the same things so will tend to clash more especially if they are too stubborn to compromise.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > the idea of controlling ...