Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Interesting article about the "godfather of global warming"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 purplerider1200
Msg: 50
view profile
History
global warmingPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Well, lithium may be the big polluter, in battery powered cars. A casual scan of pricing of Prius batteries, those will cost you a cool $1600 to replace, provided YOU are the one that does the work. I hadn't checked on how much it is just to ship that thing. Just for reference, buying a fender or hood, will cost at least $175 bucks to ship it. I can assure you, that battery will cost a good deal more. (Oh, don't forget to ship back the old one. That costs, plus the core charge of $500 charged to you. That is money you get back- to cover SOME of the shipping charges.) Keep in mind that this is a REMANUFACTURED battery. Meaning that is a used battery. They, at least warranty it for 3 years-36,000 miles. So it will crap out one month out of warranty, or 36,050 miles later.

Will something be coming down the pipe that's better? Eventually. Battery powered cars are in it's infancy. They played with them some, like the Woods Electric, or Detroit Electric car. A number of experimentals came and went. Something, I think, is going to have to replace lithium. Back in the day, atomic was thought of. Wouldn't that be dicy? A nuclear powered car, in a car wreck?

Maybe, just maybe, it's time we have a few less scientists studying climate change, and have a few more start coming up with something to power this world that doesn't pollute? Who'd be more popular? The one that said we're screwing up the world? Or the one that came up with something that saved it?
 Seahorse_Jockey
Msg: 51
global warming
Posted: 9/19/2018 2:40:26 AM
"...have a few more start coming up with something to power this world that doesn't pollute? "

There is something that's at least less polluting. Ir's called public transit. But not many people aren't willing to use it, unless they live in a big city with a good public transit system. Most people want to live in the burbs, and hop into their vehicle to go anywhere and everywhere. Gone are the days when most people chose to live close to where they work.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 52
view profile
History
global warming
Posted: 9/19/2018 4:14:13 PM
Public transportation doesn't come out my way. Besides, the bus driver wouldn't stop for me. It would take ten minutes for me to load, and unload. I never saw a lumber rack on a bus.

What I don't have to worry about, where I live, is anal neighbors. The only noisy party near me, was raided by the county sheriff, and boy oh boy! was that fun to watch! Under age drunk kids running everywhere. I stood out by the road giving directions to the deputies, to where the kids were hiding. A few escaped, and circled back to the party an hour later. And got caught by the deputies that were parking in my drive.

Who needs tv when that show was on.
 daynadaze
Msg: 53
view profile
History
global warming
Posted: 9/19/2018 6:33:12 PM
They have busses here but I could never walk the several miles to the closest bus stop.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 54
global warming
Posted: 9/19/2018 10:12:34 PM
wtf bat woman. You pvssy.
do i get fuking banned or wtf. (from another thread where this preck stopped me from posting)
In addition to other postings. What a d1ck.
It sure is a feather in your cap and community exhilaration, what does your wife think of you? Hahahahahahahaha. To "control" an overthehill site such as the POF FORUMS ?
Haahahahahahahahahaha.
what a piece of shit.
You must REALLY love and adore your position on this stoooooopid website and all that that it has become.
What a piece of shit.
Congratulatoins! on being a piece of shit.
AAAAhhhHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
See you fukers after the election.
AAAAhhhHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 55
global warming
Posted: 9/19/2018 10:52:48 PM
Hey Bat Vagina, your people must be soooo proud of your work on the once beloved POF Forums.
AAhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 56
view profile
History
global warming
Posted: 9/20/2018 2:28:39 PM
I'm also dubious about he efficacy of electric cars, especially after you factor in the pollution surrounding the manufacture and disposal of the batteries. My uninformed opinion is I think it's more of a "feel good" thing than anything. Something that makes the urban/suburban yuppies think they're doing something good for the environment, and still be trendy. I'd bet if they bought a stripped down econobox with an efficient 4-banger and a stick, it would be just as environmentally efficient. But that would be too boring.

And the the thing about global warming/climate change/pollution/environment, the one thing that nobody ever talks about is reducing consumption. Or reducing wasteful habits that would add inconvenience. That's why most talk bout the environment is mainly pie in the sky, or do-goooderism. Now THAT'S the inconvenient truth, in my estimation.
global warming
Posted: 9/25/2018 6:32:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBviC797sTk
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Interesting article about the "godfather of global warming"