Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Putting some "Legalese" in the footers of profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LexiInMDR
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Putting some Legalese in the footers of profilesPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
TBH I don't really care what someone does with my pics. Since last summer I only go to meetups, I only check my inbox on PoF every couple of months.

I mean, what's someone going to do, steal my pics and pretend to be me, then say she's going to meet some guy at a restaurant and then he finds out that she looks nothing like me? Then I quit worrying. :)
 ageisanillusion
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Putting some Legalese in the footers of profiles
Posted: 10/25/2018 1:45:58 PM
This part of law is black and white. Period!
(UCC 1-308 - 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute) is a hoax meant to make fools out of as many under-educated humans as possible. It worked. Somewhere some troll is laughing his nuts off.
(UCC 1-308 - 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute) refers to counterfeit commercial goods inherent rights of a manufacturer and Rights of Sale. US copyright is governed by US law. As are all other countries. And when you use any service Free or Paid, you agree to the Terms of Service agreement. If it says POF owns your information and you agree by clicking YES to TOS, you signed a contract and gave up those rights. But you do have the right to shut up and cancel your account. That is your only legal recourse. Or you can keep whining online like a bunch of ****ea worryinh about stupid picture and illiterate posts that even your friends think are boring and pedantic
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 3:37:58 AM
I see these on other sights as well....MY opinion...if someone is going to pirate photos....oh well....IF you don't want that to happen then don't post them....it's the mission of some to collect photos, for what reason I don't know nor care...I don't but those who do aren't probably all there or just plain game players....lol
 Natey2
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 6:17:24 AM
I don't think the Legalese is enforcible in Nigeria.
 hemingway234
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 8:50:41 AM
The problem is not POF having/using your pictures, they are not.

It's the data miners and scammers who steal people's pictures - that is the real problem.

Pof could care less about your pics, they are not that great, lol
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Putting some "Legalese" in the footers of profiles