Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Icestorm
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Do weddings make you jealous? Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I love the way people are saying, nope, not me, I'm not jealous,then talk about jealously being a negative emotion and following up by saying that the reason they are not jealous is because weddings are a waste of money, divorce is imminent and brides uglify after a few years.

The poster was asking whether people are jealous AT weddings, not OF weddings, of the couple's relationship. And I'm wondering if she had really meant "envious" instead of "jealous".
 _diamond_in_the_rough_
Msg: 85
Do weddings make you jealous?
Posted: 7/2/2012 2:51:11 PM
Lol, jealous of what? It's not like they're the only people who get to have a wedding! These people going to weddings can or will likely have a wedding of their own someday. A wedding is very special but many people do put too much emphasis on them and don't seem to realize that the important thing is having a successful marriage.

How often do you hear people say "Well we got divorced as it just didn't work out, but we had a beautiful wedding", lol. If you're marriage doesn't work out, nobody will care how nice or how expensive your wedding was, though they might comment on what a waste of money it was (if it was a really expensive one).

I personally prefer tastefully done simple& elegant weddings with just close family& friends and rather have more money in the bank and for nice vacations.

The biggest, most lavish& expensive weddings I've known ALL ended up in divorce in a VERY short period of time, so it's hard to look at two people getting married and be like "Oh, they're so lucky, in love and will live happily ever after, lol. It's more like, "I wish them the best of luck as their chances are 50/50".

There are likely couples at these weddings who are blissfully happy and will go on to getting married themselves, so why should they be jealous?

Cheers =)
 heypretty
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/2/2012 9:04:33 PM
both weddings i went to i got laid. woohoo! great place to mingle the singles lol
 milkman2000
Msg: 87
Posted: 7/2/2012 9:07:21 PM
Me too ! I def wasn't expecting to get some booty, but i did happen.. Weddings rock!
 natgoat227
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2012 11:14:41 PM
No...
Unless I was under the assumption that The Bride Was _Mine_..!!

I DO get _Envious_!!
I hope that I get another chance...in This Lifetime..!!!

(See : Definitions of each...)
 WiseBurro
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/3/2012 7:50:59 PM

both weddings i went to i got laid. woohoo! great place to mingle the singles lol

Me too ! I def wasn't expecting to get some booty, but i did happen.. Weddings rock!

Ah, you crazy kids restore my faith. We sometimes forget the prime objective of these functions. Being invited shows others that you are deemed socially acceptable(or at least good for a gift contribution). What an endorsement!
 sign4me17
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:24:20 AM
Honestly, I only feel pity for the bride and groom. Divorce rates are very real and scary. Considering that women initiate over 70% of divorces, I feel a little more pity for the groom. Anyone who gets married today is taking a huge risk. I wish society would accept that two people can love and care for one another, without entering into a government contract. I know a couple that has been together for 20 years. No wedding, no ring, no titles. Basically, a married couple, sans risk.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:50:11 AM
Jealous? Nothing makes me jealous. Envious? Nope, neither. OPH (other people's happiness) makes me smile and feel happy.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/12/2012 6:23:42 AM
Other peoples relationships dont make me jealous. I know behind closed doors, everyone struggles, even if they are in love. Yes, the wedding day everyone is all smiles and looks fantastic. The day is fun filled and the agenda is to celebrate and bring family together...however, I know every couple has days where they are not 100% pleased with life...nothing to be jealous of at all.

In my large family, weddings and funerals are the two events Im pretty much guaranteed to see everyone, so I look forward to them. (I know it sounds gruesome to enjoy a funeral but my family puts on good funerals-the one who passed would agree too!)
 sunninginfl
Msg: 93
Posted: 7/12/2012 5:34:22 PM
We can all be hopeful that one day that will happen again and alot of time when I am at a weddding I do get jealous becauses thats not me standing up there. I do want to be married again.. some day...
 ashley0187
Msg: 94
Posted: 7/12/2012 6:01:35 PM
I feel the same exact way. I want to be happy for all of my friends getting married but its hard sometimes. I keep waiting around for my chance to be happy and just when I think I have found a guy worth keeping something always happens and it doesnt "work out." I know how you feel girl. your definitely not alone.
 lali04989
Msg: 95
Posted: 7/13/2012 11:28:26 PM
Jealous no envious YES. We all want that someone special to hold and cherish some of us had that for a while till it all went south. It does help me keep the faith. But I'm not going to dwell on it. Living in the moment and appreciating what I have rather than what I don't.
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/14/2012 3:40:57 AM
Rage: My marriage/divorce didn't destroy my life and and have a grown young man who is very successful. It would have cost me more out of pocket to have stayed married as my wife was a spender...which was ok as I knew this when I married her, as I said in another post "she paid for the wedding and her boobs" lol. My divorce opened many doors for me with my career as I was no longer committed I could travel the world and persue my childhood dreams of climbing mtns and further my career in the Private security sector which took off after 911...my son now has those same endeavours...I also retired at 47 ....and still climbing Mtns around the world only now I do it with the company of my son.....life is good...
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/14/2012 11:43:25 AM

Do weddings make you jealous that someone else has found love and you are alone? I just came from a beautiful wedding. I saw two people in love. I was jealous, because I don't have that. Or do that make you hopeful that there's someone out there for you?

Being alone is not a curse--for many of us, it is a choice. Work on being happy with and by yourself, then maybe finding a mate will happen.
 Spring_weather
Msg: 98
Posted: 7/14/2012 12:35:03 PM
I have enjoyed going to some weddings, but I am not envious of the people because I hear about how they don't always get along with each other afterwards, and they get annoyed with each other. So I am truly relieved that I am still single and loving it, thank you!
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 99
Posted: 7/14/2012 12:36:08 PM

Jealous no envious YES. We all want that someone special to hold and cherish some of us had that for a while till it all went south. It does help me keep the faith. But I'm not going to dwell on it. Living in the moment and appreciating what I have rather than what I don't.

"Jealous" and "envious" are synonymous.
 ro1970
Msg: 100
Posted: 7/14/2012 1:04:46 PM
weddings, funerals, and graduations are all the same to me....boring as hell!

As far as jealousy......hell no....with the rate of divorce these days.....

Heck I caught up with some of my old high school chums and found that some of my classmates are now on their 3rd even 4th spouses. - How in the world these people can afford child support (if applicable), alimony (if applicable), legal fees, courts costs, not to mention cutting all the asset and bills in half that many times is totally beyond me. - I just look at it, shake my head, and thank God I had the sense to stay single.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 102
Posted: 7/14/2012 6:15:27 PM

Just curious if everyone is so happy being single why not get off the dating sites so people can find people that want to date and not have their time wasted?

Because we like the forums.

My profile is hidden because I am dating someone at present. If I were not, I would still seek men to date--just not to marry or to live with. This IS a dating site, after all.
 basschops
Msg: 103
Posted: 7/14/2012 6:18:27 PM
keep the faith.. by the way the divorce is the fun part
 purfectmeow
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/14/2012 6:23:43 PM
We do like the forums. Sometimes when getting serious and I make a commitment I delete my profile for a tad.
Usually it doesnt last for me cause guys always seem to want to live together, ot get married.
I want neither at this juncture in life. So back to the pond I go fishing with my bait.
Maybe I will meet that one who turns me for a loopy loo again in one date.
I still have hope cause Im just like that :)

So I date lots. I think I deserve to have some fun now that my kids are married.
This site is an endless source of fun, and a great way to meet people (posters included).

Do weddings make me jealous? Heck NO! I dont ever want marriage; I dont see the point.
 adora71
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/14/2012 7:56:44 PM
Sorry, I had to do this. I am a bit of a word nerd and I thought "envious" and "jealous" have slightly different connotations (not 100% synonomous) and I needed to check out if it was just my own perception. So I googled and this is what I found:

Envy and jealousy are very close in meaning. Envy denotes a longing to possess something awarded to or achieved by another: to feel envy when a friend inherits a fortune. Jealousy, on the other hand, denotes a feeling of resentment that another has gained something that one more rightfully deserves: to feel jealousy when a coworker receives a promotion. Jealousy also refers to anguish caused by fear of unfaithfulness.

I'm not trying to nitpick, just felt the need to pass it along. So I am with the earlier poster. I am envious-- I feel some longing for the bliss of true love at weddings. But I am not jealous in that I have no resentment that others have found the love.
 livingwithadog
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/14/2012 8:01:24 PM
Weddings make me neither jealous or hopeful.
 Miss W
Msg: 107
Posted: 7/15/2012 12:30:20 AM
I wish the best for some, and question the sanity of others. But jealousy? No. Some people find a good match, other's don't. There are no guarantees. In hindsight, I have had divine intervention from the Universe. It is all good.
 amalefriend
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/15/2012 5:30:03 AM
No. I believe in marriage but I think that the way that weddings are done is dumb. Women spend more time and energy on the day rather than thinking about their whole life together ahead of them. Makes me gag is more like it. I don't think that weddings generally show our gender in a very good light.
 ben1734
Msg: 109
Posted: 7/15/2012 5:32:23 AM
no not at all im happy for them ?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >