Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Would you get married and have kids in your 40's?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Would you get married and have kids in your 40's? Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

hen I was still living in Brooklyn in the early 90's, my sister was visiting from overseas and my girlfriend at the time insisted on taking her to Coney Island. We took a walk on the beach, and before we laid down our things, we overheard someone screaming. An argument erupted between a group of young men nearby, they pulled out pipes and baseball bats and started swinging.

My sister was freaking out, so we had to leave. I really miss living in Brooklyn.

LMAO-- yep that sounds about right!
The Coney Island train terminal was like a scene from the movie "The Warriors"...at around midnight every night when the crowds came in !

Now the closest thing to getting hit with a wooden bat would be an old Babushka a hundred meters down the boardwalk striking a guy with a broom handle .
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Would you get married and have kids in your 40's?
Posted: 7/30/2015 9:55:47 AM

I am 36 and I want to get married and have kids with someone great.

Danger, though. Biology & social-conditioning is hitting you up -- which puts being-married & having-kids above who you're with. No, it doesn't mean ANYONE. But it will skew who that person is and how good they are. If you let that get the best of you, you run a good risk of being someone with is not "someone great" for you, as it skews your perception. Much the same of biology taking over someone when they're horny and end up the next morning with someone who's not that great looking... or isn't bad looking, but they looked a lot better when frisky.

At 36 I seem to old for the 20 somethings that are interested in a family

Not if they're 28, and you're 36 -- no. That's OK.

and the 30 somethings with no kids or that have kids do not want any/more kids

WTF? You're not too old for 30-somethings with no kids - lol. If you live more out in the country, those will be harder to find as many are conditioned to partner-up & breed earlier in life as The way to go (and if you're nearing 30 and haven't, it's like going to prom without a prom date). Closer you are to a big city, the more 30-something gals you'll find who haven't had a newly-formed organism crawling out of her parts yet. You're not too old for that!

I do not want to rush in and just have kids with the first girl I meet but how many women are going to want to have kids in their 40's?

At the time of this post: You're 36 and have no kids. Whether you're 26 or 36, do NOT center things around getting hitched ASAP to impregnate. You're going to be More Unhappy with a less-than-good-choice-of-gal, over time. Don't be a robot-to-conform. :)

To make yourself happier altogether -- work to make yourself more successful (positive in any direction), and aim to move to a big city. You'll have more fun as a single person, and you'll find more gals who are in their late 20s - late 30s who have no kids, thus higher chances to want to have kids if/when an LTR ends up formulating with wedding bells around the corner. Always remember -- it's the soundness & compatibility of the potential Relationship FIRST and foremost, whether you are to breed or not.
 spot4username
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/21/2015 2:30:00 PM
I don't see myself ever marrying again and my days of having children are far in my past.
If I could do it again? I would still have my children in my 20's.
Of course at 49 I am probably far older than the person the OP or other's in this thread are referring to.
 south_city
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/21/2015 8:40:44 PM

I wouldn't completely rule it out. But if I don't have kids by the time I'm 45, it's highly unlikely that I will have kids.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2015 12:21:22 PM
Sure, I liked being married. I like being owned! lol
 elmuchoburrito
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/28/2015 10:45:27 PM
Ouch, a double prison term - with parole right about the time you are ready to retire ?
Nope.
Personally - Vasectomy the week I turned 18. No kids. My genes die with me (rejoice as you will)
Get Married ? Just go up to a random stranger on the street and ask them if they want half your stuff - why the hell would you ever do that ?
Just say NO - Go MGTOW
 dragonbytes
Msg: 59
Would you get married and have kids in your 60's?
Posted: 8/29/2015 5:15:07 AM

I would give it a whirl. BUT ...

But I am not 100% sure I can put up with rug rats underfoot, I get annoyed that now I have to cook for my wife because she is working 12 hours 3-4 days a week and doesn't have the time to cook when she gets home.

AND I have to take care of a dog, he needs to exercised, be fed and has other annoying habits.

But I generally don't do the dishes, while my mother has dementia and can be a pain, she still usually cleans the dishes.

I am guessing children would be even more demanding.
 spot4username
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/29/2015 9:17:32 AM

Considering I spend so much of my time here, it would be too much or a burden....lol

That made me gigglesnort. The woman browsing in my shop looked at me like I am deranged.
Maybe I am.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/10/2015 1:28:07 AM
7.3 billion humans crawling all over the planet, destroying much of what's in their path is enough for me. My gift to the earth is no children, for whatever it's worth.
 sealady111
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/10/2015 5:03:24 AM
The challenge for the planet Volcano is that people with a good gene pool like you are choosing not to breed.

And more and more who should be vying for a Darwin award are prolific breeders.

Seems the wrong way around.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/10/2015 5:40:46 AM

7.3 billion humans crawling all over the planet, destroying much of what's in their path is enough for me. My gift to the earth is no children, for whatever it's worth.

I don't agree with this.
 Maleman999
Msg: 64
Posted: 9/10/2015 9:45:56 AM

Sealady:
The challenge for the planet Volcano is that people with a good gene pool like you are choosing not to breed....
And more and more who should be vying for a Darwin award are prolific breeders.....
Seems the wrong way around.

There have been societies throughout history that have promoted the idea of breeding the best with the best to create a superior race. Look at how that turned out. One example is the royal family. There was a time when they only bred with other royal family members, even if that meant having to go the the other side of Europe to find a suitable royal partner. That's why there is Russian blood in the British royal family tree-there was a time when Russia had royalty, providing royal breeding partners. Back then, you couldn't have royal blood mixing with a commoner's blood and producing imperfect babies.
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/10/2015 11:16:06 AM
I already had my babies a long time ago
now it would not bother me if he had children of his own
but no, I would not have another baby in my forties
 cooldog65
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2015 8:36:01 AM
My life is simple and carefree. That means no marriage and definitely no crumb crunchers!
 2ufo
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/11/2015 7:36:08 PM
Been there.
Done that.
Don't suggest pregnancy for any woman past 38 or so and I'm not talking about any 'risks' simply the energy drain.

Of course, the ex-husband wasn't helpful. If asked, I usually say I was the single mom of two kids until I got divorced.

If you're lucky, YMMV from mine.
 2ufo
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/11/2015 8:52:04 PM
I've spent a lot of time trying to prepare my boy for that eventuality. I've tried to introduce him to everything from balance my checkbook to washing his laundry (he did the classic red sock + white = wearing pink t-shirts). Mentally and emotionally as well as being expected to be able to run (sort of) his own household.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/28/2015 10:01:43 PM

dinno76 :
If they don't have kids by that time it is usually because they do not want to.

Some want to have children but they are unable to conceive.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Would you get married and have kids in your 40's?