Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > No Romance/Sex in relationship for almost a year      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forumslady
Msg: 46
No Romance/Sex in relationship for almost a yearPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
jackcrusto-
"A lot of desperate people out there right now so it is good information to have."

Indeed.
Laws vary by state, but if someone has lived with you long enough (the general you) if they dig their heals in and refuse to leave, you can be forced to evict them.
For this reason, (and many others) it amazes me how quickly and easily some people let other people move in.
Desperation is never pretty, but there are situations where it apparently can cause all but terminal stupidity.
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 47
No Romance/Sex in relationship for almost a year
Posted: 6/7/2017 7:19:56 PM

jackcrusto-
"A lot of desperate people out there right now so it is good information to have."

Indeed.
Laws vary by state, but if someone has lived with you long enough (the general you) if they dig their heals in and refuse to leave, you can be forced to evict them.
For this reason, (and many others) it amazes me how quickly and easily some people let other people move in.
Desperation is never pretty, but there are situations where it apparently can cause all but terminal stupidity.

Well here I think it is three days if it is a stranger then you have to evict. Things are different when it is a boyfriend, girlfriend like if you let them stay it can be like evicting a spouse and if you let someone drive your car even once they can grab your keys and go without saying sh!t to you. Cops are like well did you let them use the car before? If you don't lie and you say yes they won't do sh!t.
 forumslady
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/7/2017 7:44:35 PM
jackcrusto- There are good police officers out there, but there are bad ones too.
There is a lot of truth to what you just stated.
It's one of the things that keep people from leaving abusers.
The system has a lot wrong with it.
There's nothing like calling the police and expecting help, only to have nothing happen.
What's bad is a lot of abusers know it and take full advantage of it.
If someone literally threatens to kill you and you go to the police, they'll ask you if they actually did anything and if the answer is no, the most you can do is ask them to write a report.
They actually have to hurt you before anything can be done, a lot of people wind up dead because of it.
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/7/2017 8:31:11 PM

There's nothing like calling the police and expecting help, only to have nothing happen.

That's true that is a tough deal to have happen and a bad feeling. Something like physical abuse all you'd have to do is say they hit you and even if you have no marks they will go to jail for 3 days because they have a 72 hour hold. A man it will cost 1k to bond a woman is $100. Too many women have died with domestic violence and they simply don't play. That's why I made the suggestion I made about cameras and then hide your keys to your vehicle and such so they can't just take your stuff when they please. Now if she hit you and no marks and she tells them you hit her for retaliation then you both go to jail if no one has any marks. If someone has some marks they may not allow any of that noise and just take the person without marks to jail. If you do go to jail make sure you take your keys with you or leave them with someone outside the home you trust. Basically if it were me I'd beat the sh!t out of myself while I was by myself and I knew that person that won't move was there. Then I'd call the law while I was by myself and tell them they beat me. When the police arrive then come out crying. Done and done your problem is gone.

I remember reading a story about a woman who was a court reporter or whatever that little typing person's job is in courtroom. Well she worked in family courts and learned some serious laws while there. She got fired and went to a club and went home with a fairly well off guy. They had sex like all weekend long and come monday he had to go to work and she still had not left. So he was like I'm heading out to work and I guess he told her lock up on your way out and at some point told her about what time he gets off usually and when he came home she had the police waiting for him. According to him she had marked herself up claiming he had done it and so they arrested him and put him on that 72 hour hold. Then they put a 90 day protection order on his own residence because she claimed she didn't have anywhere else to go.

I never heard how the story ended as she had an option to renew the protection order when the 90 days ended. I did hear her daughter moved into his apartment during the 72 hour hold along with both of their personal items. In a protection order he has to continue to pay the rent, the lights, the gas and any other bills associated with the apartment or he goes back to jail as he violated the protection order. So all she had to do was get food stamps and her and her daughter were set for 3 months and longer if she could get it renewed.

If someone literally threatens to kill you and you go to the police, they'll ask you if they actually did anything and if the answer is no, the most you can do is ask them to write a report.

Probably not unless you got a recording of it, but that is a lot of the complaints about the domestic violence laws as well it's guilt without evidence or due process. As in it is based off of what someone says or can be. If a woman is beat to sh!t even and says you did it that doesn't mean the person is guilty necessarily either. For all anyone knows she went to see a boyfriend and he beat her and she came home to you and blamed it on you. Yet that is better treatment than people accused of this crime can get because it can be based solely on what someone says with zero physical evidence. It's really some crazy sh!t and a lot of it has nothing to do with good or bad police just some really bad laws made with good intentions.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2017 7:21:54 PM
This is an old post from 2012.

I hope he's resolved it by now.
 Nestaron
Msg: 51
Posted: 6/8/2017 8:04:45 PM
Here's what you do tell her there's the door back your sh!t and get out cause I wont tolerate abuse of any kind, you had your little fun you want to try that with me find yourself a new place.
 sugarlandguy
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2017 12:25:15 PM
I once let an ex-girlfriend move in when she hit hard times. You never really get to know someone until you live with them. We lived separate lives but that was only ok for her, she lost her rabbid-ass mind if I tried to live mine. Finally I moved her stuff into storage and changed the locks when she was gone. She never really had a clue as to what she was doing was wrong and even asked a few times to move back in. Sometimes people don't know how good they have it until it is over.
 10ky
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/27/2017 3:16:44 PM
It's got nothing to do with you pal. It's that most women can go without s3x for months. Even worse, if she's past age 40, she prolly can go without it for decades.
 spot4username
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2017 3:28:02 PM
^^^ you are spending time with the wrong women.

My girlfriends and I have often discussed this same belief that men seem to have that once we hit a certain age we don't want sex. None of us know where that attitude comes from. Maybe we are just an odd bunch. Perhaps it is living on this island. Something in the water.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/27/2017 3:39:32 PM
I withheld secks for a few months and she acted like everything was cool.

Maybe she has a BOB somewhere??
 spot4username
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2017 4:54:03 PM
^^^ Maybe she was just really relieved. *shrug*
 Ouija2025
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/27/2017 5:54:20 PM
I can feel that burn from here

IDK Clooney, you used to be a fun like women type

Perhaps the fumes from the Kleenex changed you

That or the orange penis
 spot4username
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2017 6:26:49 PM
^^^^
A bad batch of Lubriderm?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/28/2017 5:15:25 AM
Cheetos :)
old old joke
No one tells jokes anymore
 10ky
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/28/2017 5:46:33 AM
Well, women. It's not my feeling at all. I'm pretty certain that most men on here would be happy to agree that 90% of the time, it takes quite some encouragement "to get a chick engaged". Then again, this is evident from the fact that women (any age but the older the worse imo) make a fuss out of this s3x business. It's as if it'll cost them an arm n a leg if they open their legs a wee bit. Bleh! Nature's ways can be outright outrageous.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2017 10:18:01 PM
^^^^
No woman owes you anything.

Some men know how to treat us like a lady, to make us feel special. The others, don't have a clue.
 10ky
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/29/2017 3:15:12 AM
^
Right... they don't owe me anything... and I guess they're aware of that... (¬_¬)
 benartflick
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/29/2017 6:50:05 AM

...the fact that women (any age but the older the worse imo) make a fuss out of this s3x business.

Perhaps the women in Scotland are a wee bit cold compared to the American women I've dated (except for the 1/2 dozen I met via POF. They were over the age of 58 and I went 0 for 6).

Based on what I read on POF I guess dating in the 20th century might have been a lot better (well, for men). We had a lot of Singles Dances in my neck of the woods back in the 80's and 90's. A great place to meet women and then the movie 'Earth Girls Are Easy' comes to mind.
 10ky
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/29/2017 8:33:37 AM
^
Maybe. Don't know. I dated a couple of yanks in the past and I must say that I didn't notice much difference. Curious thing: horniest gf I ever had was a Mennonite...believe it or otherwise. (shrugs)
 PennyAnte
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2017 7:55:11 AM
This thread is five years old... but if you are going through this kind of abuse and are being used and manipulated and taken for granted and are bearing all of the financial concerns, here is someone you should BINGE WATCH.. He is a comic but a "truther" about modern day relationships and the reason that there is a MGTOW movement now. You will get some laughs and you will get a dose of reality. He is on Youtube, Terrance Popp. He tells his story in a short award winning film about his return home from deployment. It was titled " Purple Heart's Final Beat | Final Cut " find it here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVUHalR8P0I

Here is his Youtube Channel Binge watch him here and get your balls back.
https://www.youtube.com/user/redonkulaspopp
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/1/2017 9:16:49 AM
Jaysus...

I'm clutching my balls with my dear life after watching that video Penny

I imagine HSkies attorney bf has watched that video too

So hard for the money...
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/3/2017 5:01:11 AM
If you're dumb enough to stay in a sexless relationship, you deserve what you get.
 spot4username
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2017 5:09:46 AM

If you're dumb enough to stay in a sexless relationship, you deserve what you don't get.

ftfy
 PennyAnte
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2017 5:23:25 AM
Clooney.. there are some women that won't keep you unless you neatly place their balls in their purse. become their sock puppet, and use your c8ck like a slot machine. Some woman don't want a man unless they can keep one hand up his ass and the other one on his wallet. All they are to them is a walking ATM. You see this a lot when a pretty woman walks in with a square headed shrex faced troll. You know she isn't there for romance or love she wants a meal ticket and a cash machine.
He is rich and she was old, poor and powerless before she found him. She can put up with the ugly as long as she gets a lot of shiny things and her bling bling. These idiots think giving up there 401K and their life savings is worth the hand job they get every other Christmas... so be it. They put up with it, that's what they think they deserve, and they let themselves get used...until of course a newer or younger or richer model comes around.
I know woman like the OP's gf that have real contempt for their SO but they hide it or express it with passive aggression because they don't want to give up the vacations to Aruba and Bahamas. The only thing they truly get out of it is pictures to brag on facebook or other sites at an awkward angle of them stepping on the sands of some exotic island.. but they don't show the picture of him with the bag over his head while they have sex. Honey please shut off the lights, I like it pitch black during sex....
 Drezzal
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2017 10:57:26 AM
His last post was 5 years ago, wonder if she killed him.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > No Romance/Sex in relationship for almost a year