Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lonleyrob
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Ever think someone is out of your league and not messaged them? Page 9 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
It seems to be quite common on here that people think someone is in a different league and from alot of the comments on here I would say it does hold alot of us back......

The key for me is that often, initial opinions can be based on the visual wow factor....I appreciate that people are attracted by looks but it is the person that you fall for and will have the cosy chat with.

The advice I was given years ago was that looks can change, it is the person that remains. To this end, I try to always feel the fear and say hello at least that way I wouldn't spend time wondering what if.....
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Ever think someone is out of your league and not messaged them?
Posted: 7/27/2012 3:43:54 PM
i`m so bad for doing that !, only the other day, i was walking past a field eyeing up this sheep, but i`m thinking to myself, nah, she would`nt be interested in me !.....never did climb that fence ! hahahahahaha :O)
 wills315
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2012 5:38:38 PM
Got to say i tend to think a lot of the Women on here are to "up market" for me so don't bother messageing them,even at the first meet i went to at Beverley did speak to a really nice lady but just felt she was a bit out of my leauge so that was that .....oh well just have to stick to the Forums, less rejection and embarresment on here ..lol
 Chuzz16
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2012 9:08:16 AM
I fancy the pants off someone on here, but haven't got the guts to mail him.
I don't think he is out of my league, but as he has viewed me and I haven't heard from him, I guess I think he wouldn't be interested in me. So I will sit and stare and wish and hope.. :(
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2012 12:45:51 PM
@ 147 "but as he has viewed me and I haven't heard from him "

but chuzzy, its really very possible, that HE`s thinking that YOU wont be interested in HIM :O) x
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2012 1:22:31 PM
^^^^^^ that was a shock reaction!, men ar`nt used to women making such moves on here hahahaha :O)
 Chuzz16
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2012 11:04:17 PM
Roxy, I took off my 'hide who can see who I've viewed option' ( I felt naked without it on) and had a peek back at him over a week ago. ( Soon put it back on again, I'm not letting every Tom,****or Harry know I'm nosey).

The thing is, in the 'real' world I have never had a problem with letting fellas know if I'm interested, it's easy when you can get eye contact. You get a feel for knowing if they are interested too. But on here it's not the same.

I'm very brave in the real world. I'm a bit of a coward in PoF world. :)

And for Ducky...( big hug)

One day andaloosa..one day.haha
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2012 2:45:28 AM
^^^^ " makes me wonder just how traumatic viewing my profile was "

this morning , i had 4 or 5 women look at my profile, and within minutes, they all logged off,then over the following 20-30 minutes, they logged back on, happy it would appear, that they`d received no mail notification, so was safe to log back on hahahahaha, get a grip ! :O)
 Krystals_Granddad
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2012 3:11:40 PM
I do this ALL the time hence, still single after splitting from my ex 12 years ago. I'm a single parent now so I don't care about being with that special someone so much. (I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice though).
Msg: 103
Posted: 8/1/2012 7:29:55 PM
You people really find that many people who are that hot? I've only come across one woman that lives near me that I would consider "too hot to trot". There are some that I've really liked but it's other stuff that has put me off not the fact that they're out of my league. Either my tastes are too high or the women around here ain't much.

I find it funny that the only people telling some of the ladies on here "they are pretty and should go for the hot guy" are other women. That should tell you something.
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/1/2012 7:33:07 PM

Nope never! How can anyone resist my charm.

How can anyone resist? well that face would help quite a bit. lol
 tonyray36
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/10/2012 12:09:53 PM
i have not been on here long but there has been many occasions when i have looked at womens profile pics and thought " god she is gorgeous!" and just sat back in my chair and thought to myself " dont even try!" as she is pretty much way out of my league, but it would be interesting to find out how many pics are fakes on here as just to get attention.
 drewcornwall
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2012 5:31:07 AM
I have.. i thought, well... lets see

and nope

not a responce.

question answered.
 tonyray36
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/13/2012 6:28:29 AM
i also think its very ignorant and arrogant when you send a message and they dont reply, the least they should do is respond to the message thats what i say, even if its an insulting one they send you at least you know where you stand.
 drewcornwall
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2012 8:46:31 AM
I grab hold of my long rod, swing it back, a quick flick, and plop!

Now I just wonder what you just thought of :) , I just sit off the rocks, soak up the sun, and watch the world go by, till my line gets pulled. Well it is a fishing site!..right?

Till the sun goes down, I pack up my tackle, grab my pole and go home.
 matt e
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 11:33:40 AM
I think the no reply is definately the best. If someone see's they have mail they may get their hopes up. Also many people send messages but dont intend to follow it through which is stupid on a dating site but proves theres really no need to say they arent your type.
 drewcornwall
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 11:48:48 AM
when i see this>

Age between 46 and 60.
Live in United Kingdom
Live within 75 miles.
Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex.
You must have a picture to contact this user.
Must not be looking for Hang Out
Must not be looking for Talk/E-mail
Must not be looking for Other Relationship
Must not be looking for Dating
Must not be looking for Friendship
Must not be looking for Intimate Encounter
Must not be looking for Activity Partner
Must not do drugs
Must not be married

Out my league, thats out of the planet..lol
 MushyPeaz
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 11:46:28 PM
I know what you're saying about being intimidated by the way some people look and thinking you'll just be wasting your time sensing a message to probably getting blanked. However I've had some replies and really good conversations with a bunch of hotties on here....so I'm guessing you can't tarnish all stunning looking people with the same brush! I am a bit of a legend though so in all fairness I do expect to get replies off of everyone I message. Oh "my bad"....there goes my ego again.....
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2012 12:15:17 AM
can i get an ego on ebay ? :O)
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2012 12:34:11 AM
awww thanks roxy ! mwah ! xxx :O)
 TheRealSoul
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2012 6:16:32 PM
Why worry about it ? Dip ya toe and see what follows. Whats the worst that can happen ? If you get blanked cest la vie, if you get abuse then you know they arent worth knowing no matter how 'good looking' they are, but you never know, they just might see what theyre looking in you. So go for it and dont be shy ; )
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2012 3:03:02 PM
all the time hahahaha :O)
 try1more
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2012 10:15:08 AM
well now ya know fella's.
the reason the girls dont message us, they dont think they're good enough!
i guess it's time to de-focus the pics n tone down the profile a bit :-)
all makes ya feel a bit humbled dunnit :-)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >