Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bootielicious
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Why do you want a partner Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'd love to date a neighbour. I don't think I want to live with anyone again. I like my own space, but nice to share time with someone now and again and enjoy the company. You can't beat a nice cuddle either.

I do start to panic if I feel someone is invading my space though. It is a tough one.
 zonked123
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Why do you want a partner
Posted: 7/8/2012 3:14:20 AM
I think the key is to 'want' a ptr to compliment an established and happish life rather than 'needing' a ptr to find that happiness.
 ir82
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2012 9:18:26 AM
I think some interesting points have been made, and I think I always do need my space and I am actually quite happy on my own now, BUT the idea of being on my own forever scares me.
 Bassbob47
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2012 5:54:45 PM
Because i like to be told i cant do something/ go somewhere, then do it anyway, it makes it far more enjoyable.
 stonecastle
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2012 1:48:33 AM
People want a partner because they need sex that should be obvious!
 Richard_of_York
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2012 7:59:22 AM
Because almost everything that is enjoyable about life is more fun with someone to either do it with or talk about it afterwards with. And a relationship also lets you do some things which are very fun that you can't reasonably do otherwise.

@39:

I think the key is to 'want' a ptr to compliment an established and happish life rather than 'needing' a ptr to find that happiness.

I think this is important, and I guess there are a lot of people on dating sites who are 'needing' which is not a good thing!

Also, completely off topic but as a computer person 'ptr' is an abbreviation for something else ;)

@37: haha, I like that line :)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >