Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What's with all the attitude?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I had a quite nasty mail about 3 weeks ago, my "crime" ?... i had simply looked at her profile.
 joanne85
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What's with all the attitude?
Posted: 6/27/2012 9:44:10 AM
I do have a line at the bottom of my profile saying i'm not interested in one night stands etc as i'm not that kind of girl. I dont think it comes off as rude but maybe i am wrong??

I agree some of the comments you have mentioned wouldnt be the most encouraging thing to read on a profile but i would assume its showing the people for who they are.

I do know as a woman i have had a fair few messages in the past that are from people looking purely for recreational activities which is why i commented about it on my profile. I also get messages of people i may not find attractive but i dont dwell on it enough to comment on my profile about it!!
 Tayfire
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2012 10:14:25 AM
Ste, i think that it's braver to sit behind a computer than say when there was no internet or moblies/txt, you would have to rant over the phone or face to face.
 *rem*
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2012 4:22:16 PM

Or is online dating so heavily weighted in the female's favour, they could pretty much come out with any sort of twisted, aggressive nonsense and men, so desperate for any sort of response, will still just like it and lump it?

Yep. Even below average looking women can talk to and meet as many men as they have time for and they do.

You have to meet a player to know one. They go for the same type of guy again and again, and instead of looking at themselves and what they're doing they just blame men in general.

Anyway.. Who is likely to be the biggest players.. men who get few messages... or women who get lots??
 Strider886
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2012 6:34:49 PM

Why is there so much negative and aggressive attitude and anger in many people's profiles? I thought the whole part of this ahem, 'process' was to sell yourself, who'd want a bitter, twisted screwed up full of hate character?

Give it time :p

Just a cursory scroll of the people in my area sees headlines like ... "grrrrr question can men not read ?????" "why do i atract freaks go away ", "No time wasters or pervs!!" and "Real men only please!! No Gimps!!" ... they really catch my eye and make me want to know more? I think she sounds like a intelligent, engaging attractive personality, let's see what she's like...?

An awful lot of women come here, see all these "top shelf" guys (the players), start chatting to them, get strung along and then rant about how ALL men are b4stards..... Meh?
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2012 11:50:56 PM
@ msg 6

"Welshduck, how very dare you have the decency to look at her profile, on a free public website, in which she has willingly pushed herself onto... my word, I bet she feels so violated now!!! "

i know !!
...torn apart with guilt i was !! honest ! :O)
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2012 9:42:35 AM
nice pic header a few mins ago on a womans profile

" This site is full of w*****s, a waste of time!! "

and so it continues hahahaha :O)

( though i`m more concerned by how she knows what i do in private !!! )
 bootielicious
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2012 1:04:45 PM
Is this a good time to mention that I am relationship phobic? I'm still looking for a cure, but I haven't found one yet :(

I re-write my profile now and again, depending on my mood and I know it probably is telling people to back off at times, but that is because I may have got a feeling of wanting to meet someone and frightened myself. Heck! then I would have to like go on a date or something!!!

Not that I should worry. I manage to scare most of the men off that do contact me hahaha.
 bootielicious
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2012 6:40:03 PM
There are frightening amounts of people (male & female) on here (and, for all I know, other sites) that have incredibly bitter and demanding profiles. If someone has that amount of damage and issues running around mentally, they are just not dateable, period.

Does that mean that they should just give up and spend the rest of their lives missing out on something good? Yes most people have something that takes them off track at some point in their lives and maybe right now they are walking in the wrong direction to find it, but it does not mean they can not turn round and find their way again. I say never give up on the possibility. We all crave and and want love in some form or another. Who are you or anyone to say that they don't deserve it or can't have it, just because someone else had trodden on them and left their mark?

Time is a great heeler.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2012 10:58:18 AM
@msg 51

"^^^^I played that game in that thread, 10 poems to 10 chaps. Well I say poems, more dirty limericks really. 10 replies so that GP guy is on to something "

Yeah but rox, i`m thinking guys will always reply when an attractive woman mails them, wether its poetry or not ,in your case, i really dont think it was the poetry that brought the replies in.

But it does`nt work the other way round, if a woman does`nt think the guys a hottie, chances are, he`s out of luck with regards to getting a reply :O)
 drewcornwall
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2012 12:41:09 PM
"We are all ships in the night", I prefer to meet new dates thought my own circle of friends tho, night`s out and actually meeting people from just the social scene. I have a better chance of meeting someone i really might like.

Happen to be on POF to make friends too, not just for the sole reason of a relashionship, but that could happen. So why be negative is beond me. Too many lonely people perhaps.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >