Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Womac911
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Regret?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Oh my, yes. 1994. Maybe it was 1995.
To this day, she's the last I've known who wasn't loopy.
 wiseguy_89
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Regret?
Posted: 6/29/2012 1:18:08 AM
Well there are some things which I wished, I had done differently but then everyone makes mistakes so as long as one learns from his/her mistakes it should be good.Thinking about what I should and shouldn't have done just holds you back.
 newonthescene76
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Regret?
Posted: 6/29/2012 2:33:12 AM
No, I can't say that I have any regrets about this. I'm the type that analyzes a situation every which way, so by the time I decide to end a relationship I've thought it over a lot and I'm at peace with my decision.
 OutMind
Msg: 10
Regret?
Posted: 6/29/2012 7:39:30 AM
Regrets, negativity. Interesting posts that you are making. All reflecting that post breakup depression. Dude. It's okay to feel like you miss the other person and now are having second doubts and that maybe, just maybe you can make it work.

The reality is this YOU WON'T.

Accept that is over. Accept that is better that way. And stop associating some dream version of what it was.

It was not meant to be, and it's better that way. Move on.
 AnAustralianWoman
Msg: 13
Regret?
Posted: 6/29/2012 8:12:53 AM
We break up FOR A REASON.
I broke up with a guy, then went back to him a year later. He was great looking and caring and so forth but, the reason we broke up all came back within a week.
He alway's talked about himself....his day, his life...I would say "I had a bad day my neck was sore all day"...His response? "I went to Kareoke on Monday....." He was oblivious to what I had said.
We originally broke up because I was sick and nearly hospitalized. I never heard from him until I recovered, which was when I dumped him!
It's perfectly normal to feel the need to want someone with you late at night.
It's a time to think and back track on your life.
I honestly don't think it's this particular woman you wanted on this night when you were feeling 'down'...I think you needed companionship full stop.
There is nothing wrong with that, just don't dig up old bones.
 chelseajkt1
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Regret?
Posted: 6/29/2012 8:19:34 AM
I went out with this guy years ago. He broke up with me. I have always considered him the love of my life. I don't think he has the morals I would require. I don't backpedal. No I don't think I would ever go back with him even if he became single.
 wanderer1999
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Regret?
Posted: 6/29/2012 8:58:05 AM
Sometimes we don't realize how lucky we are until it's gone.

Sometimes it's because we're immature, or don't have enough experience for a good point of reference, or let our pride get in the way.

It's not unlike a job I had when I was young. I got into a fight with my boss over something trivial, we both got worked up and I quit. He called me to patch things up and wanted me to come back but I was too proud.

It wasn't until years later that I realized how great a place to work it actually was. It's easy to take even the greatest gifts for granted.

Living with regret is not necessarily constructive, learning from your errors is.
 supplygoodguy
Msg: 19
Regret?
Posted: 6/29/2012 9:00:55 AM
ah.. she's one of the ones.. that don't "want you"... that cut you off completely and moved along.. yah see most men only regret the one that actually got on with her life.. the majority of men keep old flames or leftovers in their lives becsause they think there is a chance they can swing it when they aren't in something else or whenever late at nite.. they need some attention from an insecure woman that doesn't think the value of her vagina is worth more than a cup of Joe or Ralph or Peter or whoever .. so late at nite.. this forum poster misses the one that actually gave him the full frontal f'off.. you'll always not have her .. so get over her and if you do find one like her .. grab on tighter and appreciate her .. and stop pining for a candy bar that ain't yours no more.. regret stops you from making more regrets .. so get over her to regret in the moment and not in the deep dark past.. k.
 leanco
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Regret?
Posted: 6/30/2012 1:58:44 AM

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.

That's what I thought too, though I think Edith Piaf's "Non, je ne regrette rien " is probably more fitting.

Translated loosely, "... Neither the good, nor the bad, it's all paid for, swept away, I start at zero again..."

So I can't really say that I have any regrets. I've always taken the time to do a full autopsy after a relationship has died, and to reflect upon and to find closure when the memory is still fresh. Once all that's done, the good gets buried with the bad and I move on. There'd be nothing to revisit at a later time, nothing to cherish or regret. I prefer this over second-guessing myself when the memories have faded.
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 26
Regret?
Posted: 6/30/2012 3:11:58 AM
Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

-I just made that up , for your thoughts as well...
 five-marie
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Regret?
Posted: 6/30/2012 3:40:49 AM
"the good was great but it never took up for the bad"
My thoughts on a few of my relationships. I also agree with the poster that said she had regrets while in a bad relationship.
Mostly I regret wasting too much time on a relationship that wasn't going to work, wasn't what I really wanted. I'm the queen of back and forth/giving it another chance because some of it is good.
I can't think of one person I regret leaving given time.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 33
Regret?
Posted: 7/1/2012 12:22:51 AM

Has anyone broken up with a great guy/girl .... and later regretted it? I just wonder if maybe some times people can change their mind.

Just a question I'm posing, late at night, alone with my thoughts.

I've never broken up with someone and regretted it later. Whether they were great, really great or exceptional in my eyes. There are things in life I regret, not one of those things has anything to do with breaking up with someone. JMO
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >