Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 69
For the guys: Do girls message you first?Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Nope I never message a man first..Never had a problem getting message...
 katymay74
Msg: 70
For the guys: Do girls message you first?
Posted: 7/14/2012 3:47:12 PM
I enjoy the notion that we bigger gals are just chomping at the bit to message anything that moves.
 Scotti1989
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/15/2012 3:30:37 AM
No women, unless post an ugly photo has any problem getting a message photo on here or not, depends who it's from mmmm? My opinion is that there is really no need for women to put a photo.

If that's your view, then there should be no reason for men to put photos up either...
 murphyj7927
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/16/2012 10:15:31 PM
WHY DONT WOMEN ANSWER A MESSAGE?
 Scotti1989
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/17/2012 2:45:12 AM
Well, that is fantastic for you.

Just a note though... you write that you are an intellectual and well educated... Even have some books to be published?...
But you have confused 'principal' with 'principles'... Which an academic writer would not do.

Doesn't seem very congruent :\
 firefly416
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2012 11:11:57 AM
Stray Cat I would definitely write to you first if we lived close to each other.
Firefly (too old in Maryland)
 JonnyRM
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2012 2:47:34 PM
Cowboy i guess it's a bit of a double standard then, the girls i'd consider local to me are lucky have a line of text on their profiles.

To the OP. I've had a couple of girls message me first, on the whole though i get very little in the way of messages or replies to ones i send. The price i pay though for a half assed profile with average to below average pics lol.
 just_a_zippo
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/28/2012 6:21:42 PM
let's face it ........

most are in the same boat......

I seem to be a lots type......

yet not my type's type

so, insert some honesty here....... The type I'm attracted too, probably won't even be here. She really wouldn't need to be. Merely stepping out the front door will present plenty of chances to meet dudes. Why wager through all the quicksand online?

tinsleyhut
Msg: 81
Posted: 8/5/2012 6:25:13 AM
As a female I do most of the messaging. First I glance at picture, if interesting to me I read the profile, if still interested I may send a 2 or 3 sentence message that is NOT generic. I usually get no response back or politely declining, but sometimes it leads somewhere. I can't remember the last time that I got a message from a man I was interested in, many that are totally different than what I think my profile exudes.

I like to pick out my own men and see if they are interested.
 LedZeppelin2014
Msg: 82
Posted: 8/5/2012 7:08:42 AM
Yes I get one or two a week.
 lion_of_Ireland
Msg: 83
Posted: 8/6/2012 9:08:30 AM
Yeah all the time. Some are good, some are not so good. I got sick of the 'hi' emails so i put a 250 word min on my filters. Works too. I send just as many as I recieve when I am actively dating. With half responding and half not. I tend to be as picky as some women in who I email or respond too.
 Thornz2000
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/6/2012 3:39:33 PM
From the handful of message I have ever got yes, but its from the ones I am not interested in.
The ones I am interested in I have messaged are not interested in me.
LOL 2 days and 4 emails? Your doing good, unless they are people your not interested in.
You got about as many as I got an I been here a lot longer.

Women like it if your head is shaped like a sack of money and you got pics of your mansion, expensive cars and private jets.

Enjoy the mystery that is online dating.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/10/2012 6:17:11 PM
Things are slowing down a bit for me since the last time I posted on this thread. About 2-3 a day now, on average.

I rarely send messages out, but I when I do, I make sure it's the dumbest shit I can possibly think of, and surprisingly, I get a response most of the time.

About half an hour ago, I wrote someone and said "brb, going to use the bathroom." No kidding. She wrote back minutes later with "lol, wtf??"

I guess women are so used to humdrum messages, that anything out of the ordinary is worth responding to.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/10/2012 7:09:39 PM
You may have gotten a few messages so answer them. They may or may not be genuine. Ask to meet up and see what happens. Dont waste time.
 RockyDakota
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/11/2012 9:27:10 AM
Just as a test I sent out 10 messages to 10 different women all of which I found attractive....not 10s or model types...just ones I found attractive. With all of them I took the the time to send a detailed, witty, funny, and interesting message based of something in their profile. It's still a 1 out of 10 response rate. It could be any number of things, need a better picture, they didn't like what I had to say, or didn't find me attractive. Keep in mind that the only one that replied had looked at my profile after I had sent the message., so I'm venturing to guess that a majority of them just didn't like my main picture and didn't reply. It s fine, can't win 'em all.
 abrout
Msg: 89
Posted: 8/11/2012 3:36:46 PM
I have sent messages to women first and I haven't gotten anything for anyone. I also paid to have my profile upgraded. I am wishing that I hadn't did that now. I think that I screwed because I'm black to be honest. There are many more attractive black men than black women. The numbers are just against me.
 Happy Dude 63
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/11/2012 4:02:53 PM
I get about 4-6 a week. As well as some weeks I get zero. I also get 75% sent to me first.
Almost all are not in my circle to date. BUT that is fine. I like meeting new people and just even an exchange or two with a lady from far away OR one you are not attracted to can be good for you, and maybe you can be good for her.

Never miss an opportunity to open a door for yourself............never.

I just recently exchanged emails from ladies in;
Australia,New Brunswick, California, England and about 3 or 4 other US States. This is not to make me sound cool.

I am just saying there is so much you can get out of this if you just look past the, "I need to find a woman, to date or FWB or whatever"
 B1gEddd
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/13/2012 4:07:13 PM
Yes I do all the time. If your profile is good and you articulate who you are and what you do for fun you'll get a few messages too.
 NonamousDog
Msg: 92
Posted: 8/13/2012 4:56:52 PM
Very, very seldom.
 kathylee2189
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2012 5:24:02 PM
i have been on this site prob a month i have only emaild one man first.... idk why guess rejection lol
 RockinRollMan
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/16/2012 6:54:48 PM
I'd say 85% of messages I initiated conversation, about 15% of messages are sent to me from women, of which 5% I reply to because they actually try to engage in a conversation rather then saying "hi what's up". The one's that confuse me are the one's that message you, then trade replies with you for a while then suddenly decide to block you or put their profile/pictures on invisible if you suggest meeting for a coffee or something to just chat. What's the harm if you have enjoyed talking to someone? Oh well, at the end of the day it's their loss if they aren't willing to give you the opportunity, and I honestly am not the kind of guy who wants to hold a grudge. There are better fish to fry as they say, and there are plenty more of them out there. Eventually one is going to give you a chance.
 RockinRollMan
Msg: 95
Posted: 8/16/2012 7:02:09 PM
Also, Cowboy, it seems that is a hilarious double standard. I think I have written a pretty solid profile, but I don't have a billion photos of myself to throw up and expose every aspect of my life, since I happen to enjoy many things. Photos don't change who you are as a person and what people want to see is what attracts them more then anything. I don't message any woman who has several photos and all are face shots, that's worse then the one photo I have of me which shows my upper body (clearly I am not obese). What else do I need to show? Anything else would probably label me as a pompous prick, especially if I started posting photos of me exercising and flexing like a tool like some people here do. Some stuff should be left to the imagination, but I am a firm believer that you can tell who the smart people are that use this site. The smart women take the time to write a respectable profile and they have a few varying images, the same should be expected of men. As much as people say it's bad to flex and go shirtless in pictures as a man, I can guarantee that you will see twice as many messages and more profile views if you do because women are just as much of a hypocritical double standard as men are.
 Quasimodo11543
Msg: 96
Posted: 8/16/2012 7:36:04 PM
I have gotten 17 e mails from women, I have sent 17 e mails. My sign up date may be deceiving because I disappear from here for 6 months at a time. Most, if not all the mail I receive, is 1 or 2 lines at most, saying nothing, from a person whos profile says even less. Of the 17 I have sent, maybe 3 responded. 2 of those I just asked a silly question which may or may not have elicited a laugh so they replied. The 1 reply I did get that had substance. The woman thanked me for putting some thought into my letter and, for speaking to her like she was a human being, and not a contestant in the speed dating Olympics. I wrote her back again, she never read it, never responded to it. This was after she asked me questions in her initial response. I was a little disappointed especially after her words of liking that she was treated like a human being. Oh, the first mail I ever received, we set up a time to chat. So, I rushed home because I was running late, sign on, she's there. We start talking a bit, she asks me what kind of music I like, as I am replying, she signs off. Never to be heard from again. Gotta love internet dating.
 Maleman999
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/16/2012 7:56:41 PM
Maybe the trick is to offer the girls $20 if they are willing to reply to an initial text.
 abrout
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/16/2012 8:45:14 PM
I haven't gotten an initial response yet. I've only gotten responses from trolling so far. LOL Hey, I was bored.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >