Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > girlfriend leaving for someone else      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 5
girlfriend leaving for someone elsePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

What to do??

Stay away from the women until you become the man that you want to be, and one that a woman would like to be with.

Pretty simple,isn't it?????

No need to thank me, but do stay away from the women until you are ready. You're not making it an easier for the rest of us.
 windchymes
Msg: 6
view profile
History
girlfriend leaving for someone else
Posted: 7/1/2012 6:18:52 AM
And that's exactly the reason I won't date "separated" guys. That reason right there. They want companionship, they want to fill the gap left by the ex with a warm body, but when it comes time for committment, they get all squirrely because 'ooooh, my wife cheated on me so I can't trust another woman, wahhhhhhh'.

Please, OP, take some time and get over your divorce before you jump back into the dating field. Be honest, the only reason you want the girlfriend back is to fill the gap left by both her and the ex. Be single for awhile, it won't kill you. Women aren't there to be your rebound plaything.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/1/2012 7:34:56 AM
You tell yourself that if you had seriously pursued a relationship with the new woman, it wouldn't have worked out anyway and that you would have been hurt worse because you would have invested more.

Perhaps you should stay out of the dating arena until you get yourself together.
 findingnemoette1
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2012 10:30:16 AM
thanks you all for the upfront info, I should have not leaned on someone like that. I'm paying for it now though. It's hard, but guess what comes around goes around.
 findingnemoette1
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2012 10:34:37 AM
Walts, I'm glad you posted, thanks for the info. I have read a lot of your posts and wish I had half the humor you have. Keep it up!
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/1/2012 11:39:18 PM

Take it as a lesson learned and move on. She had every right to move on to someone better prepared for a relationship.

What he said.

You can't leave this young lady dangling at your convenience. She wasn't actually your girlfriend, you made it clear when you put her in the 'just friends' box.
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/2/2012 5:02:21 AM

Anyway, as your self-described "friend" you should be happy for her.

He should be, shouldn't he?
 SELSEL2017
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/2/2012 9:07:06 AM
You need to tell her everything you just told us....you made that girl feel like you where not into her...only dating...she did not want to get hurt and wants to find someone so she realized its time for her to move on....I know after a breakup you do feel very scared about meeting the next one...thats how I was feeling for a long time...I think i ruined some chances myself...fear is a terrible thing...but now I realize I just have to jump back in all the way because whats the point of not opening up because of the fear and then you lose the person anyway...what i mean is if I'm going to lose the person I might as welll go in all the way so in the end I can say...well i tried and put myself out there ...I will then have no regrets... :)
 theforumfiend
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/2/2012 4:08:22 PM
Do some of you even read beyond the subject line?

Seriously. Go back and read what the OP actually wrote in the thread before feeling all sorry for him. HE is the one that told her he just wanted to be friends so she wasn't his girlfriend and she didn't leave him. That is him lying to himself.
 safebetinvegas
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2012 4:38:13 PM
OP, your actions seem selfish. Kinda like "poor me...I'm lonely"

No one can set you back to "normal", whatever that is, after a divorce (which is the death of a relation) except yourself. Trying to live through others or have them function as a crutch for you is bound to end up in trouble.

I realize you stated she is in another relation but appologize to her anyway and start working on yourself. First step is to determine just how much you are really hurting from the divorce. You most likely can't do this on your own. Ask a friend or relative to tell you what THEY see as your weak points and faults as it relates to relations with women.

Good news is that you told her straight up that you couldn't continue given your internal strife so there is hope you'll make a full recovery once you blast through the pain of being alone for awhile.
 fitpanther
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2012 10:43:35 PM
Sounds to me like you fall in Love with most women you date .... Go get another one , ''plenty out there''....
 cr4zycupcake
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/4/2012 1:47:42 PM
You fuked up cos you dont know what you want.
 findingnemoette1
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2012 12:16:44 AM
yes, I think your right.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > girlfriend leaving for someone else