Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 34
Woman who is attached to her Dog too much? Was dumping her was a ideal situation?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Ok I know this may be off topic...but there are people who have relations with their pets..if you know what I mean?? She sounds creepy to me, red flag..STAY AWAY from her. You dont want to get that phone call from her saying the she is in the hospital and the dog is attached to her?? and they have to pry them apart?? if you know what I mean.
SO STAY AWAY FROM THE CREEPY WOMAN!!!
 beachlover317
Msg: 35
Woman who is attached to her Dog too much? Was dumping her was a ideal situation?
Posted: 7/14/2012 6:43:30 PM
i think thats very odd..i love my dog but really?
 rockondon
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Woman who is attached to her Dog too much? Was dumping her was a ideal situation?
Posted: 7/15/2012 9:34:50 AM
Sounds like you were really barking up the wrong tree when you met her.
That's ruff dude.
 ComplekCity
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/23/2012 12:04:02 PM

it is in between us while we are trying to be intimate

Seriously ?

Come on, this can't be real.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/23/2012 4:59:50 PM
Paderic- Good eye, I caught that too.
Every thread I start get labeled attention seeking or pity thread or some such nonsense. One thread I started was in the science forum about time travel and got flagged (that thread is still going and many pages long). Then people like this come on here clearly double talking and bs'ing and it's ignored. POF needs to invest in paid moderators!
Anyway, I have two dogs and they BOTH treat me better than my ex did, just sayin' ;)
 Prognosticator
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/27/2012 4:48:36 AM
I know just how you feel. I have a "totem pole" analogy. When you are way below the dog on it, you need to start thinking hard. Believe me, you really have me thinking now, and I've been in the relationship for years. she does the same things you said. Plus, all the replies from men and women really hit home. Thanks for post.
 MsGirlyMuscle
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/27/2012 5:27:43 AM
Sounds like this one man I met. He had a dog, and the dog was in his face 24/7 . No joke. It was almost creepy to a degree. The guy would tell me things like he was shocked at the dogs' behavior. My response was * you allow it, why are you so shocked? *. The dog was on all the furniture, had its' own pillow and endless treats. He would sit and stare, nose to nose with the guy. It was just whacko. I hope he wasn't doing the dog too ( you never know ). The dog did not try to attack me but its behavior when I was there was like a jealous child. Very disturbing. I think the dog became the man's life when his wife left him for someone else. However as time went by, I know why she left the guy.

The way this dog would seem to run the house too. Weird . And then sit and stare at this guy. Nose to nose on the bed, the sofa, wherever....followed him all over. When he would let the dog * out * to pee, the dog would run out, pee, run back in and follow the guy again. One time I went to let the dog out, he said * oh he won't listen to you *. Well, I did it anyway. The dog was fine and seemed happy to be outside for more than 2 seconds. But in observing the dog's behavior overall, it was just not * normal *.

He seemed more into the dog than me even ~ odd. Sad thing is one day, and this was a deal breaker for me , he became irate over all the dog hair in the house, and beat the shit out of the dog. Needless to say, I left & went home. Last time I saw or spoke to him.

It is one thing to love your dog. It is another to be obsessed with it. I had a dog ( actually have had 3 my whole life ) and I adore pets. But I have limits as to who runs the household.

I will not date anyone this obsessed again. Sadly, towards the end of this relationship, the dog was the least of his weird behavior. But it started to all make sense the last weekend I saw him.

If someone is that obsessed with ANYTHING, run.
 Lovenmann1
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2013 8:18:00 PM
Dump her, see if you can get visitation with the dog!!!
I have observed that many women are able to give love tenderness and affection to an animal,
But they can not give that same type behavior to a man..
Too bad
 John255317
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/14/2013 8:25:31 PM
That is a creepy situation for sure. Animals are not humans, no matter what. I would have been loooooong gone a lot earlier!
 Maleman999
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/15/2013 8:59:27 AM
You need to compromise. Learn to walk around on all fours and lick your private parts, and beg and whimper when you want something.
 April1963
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/15/2013 9:57:37 PM

The dog tried to attacked me every time we try to kiss each or sitting next to her , it looks like we have no privacy, no" me and her time" alone without the dog.No romance ,no passion w/o the dog. Am I being wrong to dump her because of her too much attachment towards her dog?

YES,you were/are wrong.!!!
When a person loves another person, he/she tries to gain with love everything what surrounds him/her.
The dog knew that you weren't the right person for his owner.Animals know!They know when they see a sweet person with a human heart........question for you:........Who's Men best friend???....

Before I married I had a dog, my ex husband did not like the animals,but because he loved me, He won the affection of our dog,He bathed Spot (dog's), and always took him to the park,He ended loving Spot so much that in our divorce papers he stated he wanted Spot,he said because it was him who took care of (our) Spot... .SPOT died two years ago of old age, 16 years.
 Maleman999
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/16/2013 7:42:11 AM
I wonder how the answers would change if the OP changed "dog" to "child".
 GreenSparty117
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/10/2013 12:54:01 AM
She probably f**ked that dog more times than she f**ked you.
 Iseedudpeople
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/10/2013 2:06:18 PM
I had dated a woman for a while and dumped her for her dog

I've heard of someone dumping someone for their friend but their dog ????

Wasn't it awkward when you picked up the dog for a date at HER place ?

lol
 bamagrl68
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/10/2013 2:15:18 PM
nilakash77- "The dog is always in the conversation"?! So what did he have to say about the matter? :D
Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2016 10:34:45 AM

So what did he have to say about the matter?

I think it was something along the lines of "woof woof."
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/3/2016 10:39:03 AM

I had dated a woman for a while and dumped her for her dog

"I've heard of someone dumping someone for their friend but their dog ????

Wasn't it awkward when you picked up the dog for a date at HER place ? "

Yeah, and what if you decide to move in together ? Do you have to live in a dog house ?

I don't think you really thought this through
 gtomustang
Msg: 54
Unleash the doggy style
Posted: 6/3/2016 4:30:19 PM
"wasn't it awkward when you picked the b1tch up at HER place?"

>>>naw, he just drove the car by slow, and his new date chased after it until it caught up. But apparently later that night when he tried to slip her the bone, she just rolled over and played dead. too bad, she looked so fetching.

"do you have to live in a dog house?"

>>>apparently he was already there, figuratively speaking. let the fur fly.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 55
Who let the doggy daters out ?
Posted: 6/3/2016 5:16:51 PM
^^^^^

Maybe you should write a how to book GTO

" Canine Carnal Knowledge " perhaps ?
 gtomustang
Msg: 56
hey, we all sit up and beg for a treat
Posted: 6/4/2016 6:14:31 AM
Or I could title it, "Sniffing butt and getting tail"?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 57
Doggy Delusions
Posted: 6/4/2016 6:32:50 AM
^^^^^^ I hope you weren't up all night trying to come up with the perfect title, lol

norwegianguy456
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Doggy Delusions
Posted: 6/6/2016 9:52:06 PM

Or I could title it, "Sniffing butt and getting tail"?
^^^^^^ I hope you weren't up all night trying to come up with the perfect title, lol

Hey, you took from my own book's title! "Sniffing Butt and Getting Tail: Your Guide to Successful Online Dating"
 gtomustang
Msg: 59
Doggy Delusions
Posted: 6/7/2016 8:16:02 AM
the nice thing about living alone, I don't have to be up all night :)

Norwegie, that sounds like a good title for a book. We all should contribute a chapter, since we agree on the topic so often :)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 60
Doggy Delusions
Posted: 6/7/2016 8:40:13 AM
^^^^^

Feel free to cover the chapter involving dog negging

" I don't think we'd be a good match, you're way too furry for my taste , haha "

gtomustang
Msg: 61
make her howl
Posted: 6/7/2016 1:31:55 PM
I think I know someone who can handle the chapter for Dachshunds....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >