Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsMicki
Msg: 30
view profile
History
How long is the recovery time for men between orgasms?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'm sitting here laughing .......I haven't seen a man get it up again in less than a couple hours in many years!!
 neck romancer
Msg: 31
view profile
History
How long is the recovery time for men between orgasms?
Posted: 7/3/2012 10:01:40 AM
Ms micki why does that make you laugh?
 MsMicki
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2012 11:03:54 AM
How can I not laugh when I'm seeing all these "I can get it back up in 10 minutes" replies and I haven't seen that reality in a damn long time.....and I'm guessing neither have half of those who made that claim!!!
 Mfforal3
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/3/2012 1:29:58 PM
@ OP: I can't speak for all men we are all different. I'm 43 and it usually takes me 15-30mins (as most are saying) to stock the tap again..... But that doesn't mean I go flaccid...I sometimes remain erect and just keep plowing...I have also achieved multiples as well this way on occasion....Now on the other hand I can get the odd case of whiskey d**k depending on the venue...I try to stay away from that... It's no fun for the woman or myself when I'm pushing a chain uphill...

Cheers!
 Ole Rog
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/3/2012 1:54:19 PM
I tell em, I got it up the 1st time, it's your duty to get it to rise again!
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2012 2:08:28 PM

How can I not laugh when I'm seeing all these "I can get it back up in 10 minutes" replies and I haven't seen that reality in a damn long time.....and I'm guessing neither have half of those who made that claim!!!

Will references suffice, or do you need a demonstration? LOLOL
 dancingqueen1105
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2012 3:58:04 PM
Shit, I'm jealous.... I need a good 20 to half an hour if not more to recover.... of course I've been diabetic for over 15 years and I have really intense "throw me around the room" sex... I'm usually immobilized after a good pounding... so, on second thought.... I'm not really that jealous. :)
 Twitch369
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/3/2012 5:04:59 PM
It varies from man to man. I happen to be one of the few men who can actually have multiple orgasms. In fact the time between "when you can go again" can be shortened drastically, and you can even train yourself to have multiple orgasms, but it takes a lot of self control and awareness.
 purfectmeow
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/3/2012 6:04:09 PM
^ hahahahaha~ Sounds like what a scientist/mathematician might do and still call it a theory.
The freaky factor is a definite must in the conclusion.
 Wedne003
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/3/2012 6:14:57 PM
On average it take me about 20 mins...but again I like to keep pace with a woman. If I slow down then my recovery period takes longer.
 MDIYM59
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/3/2012 6:23:40 PM
When I was in my 20's, 5 minutes or less. Sometimes I wouldn't even lose my erection at all. Now in my 50's 10-15 minutes is about usual, but less with some oral stimulation.

It's only after my second orgasm that I need some serious down time
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/3/2012 7:31:02 PM
By the time I get to my first, a second is more of a threat than a promise. (O_o)

(In response to the next post.) Just "ewww" and "yuck" in general. Get a sense of humor.

graham_best
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/10/2012 5:25:25 PM
how can all you people think their has to be a break. seconds. it takes seconds.
 sailor-
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:42:55 PM
quite simple me dear ..when a man gets my,, ahem age ..plumbing is still working quite well ..but if we have a do it t nite ..well after the nap it will be mornin and then time for another eh
 dartmouthjames
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/10/2012 8:24:22 PM
Msg 1:
how long it takes men to be "good to go" again after an orgasm?

10 minutes if she's really hot.

what do you think the differences between men could be?

One guy might just not be that "into" her to get it up a 2nd time in a day, could be diet, could be sleep, could be age.
 Wedne003
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/10/2012 8:40:21 PM
20 mins and I am good to go
 martinjoebob
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/10/2012 9:02:25 PM
Well men are capable of having three different types of orgasm. Most people only know of the one. However it's not the case at all. Depending on the male orgasm will determine with age how long recovery time is. Also the male penis is like a muscle the more you use it the better the preformance is with it. Same with ejaculation as well. If the man teaches himself to hold it for a longer period of time. He can control his abilities to last for how ever long his partner needs or want's him to .
I can hold out for however long my partner needs me to. However the longer I hold out the longer the recovery time. I can ejaculate when she want's me to as fast and as slow.. It's all about control and teaching yourself as a male to know your body.
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/11/2012 4:30:00 AM
That would depend on how many women were involved !!!!!and what voltage the taser was set at....I work better under pressure.....
 Tryns
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/11/2012 5:57:11 AM
From wikipedia on the subject of regractory period

In sexuality, the refractory period is the recovery phase after (normally male) orgasm during which it is physiologically impossible for an individual to have additional orgasms. Most men cannot maintain or achieve an erection during this time, and many perceive a psychological feeling of "satiation" and are temporarily uninterested in further sexual activity. The penis may be hypersensitive and further sexual stimulation may even feel painful during this time frame.

As far as the time frame for how long the refractory period lasts

The refractory period varies widely among individuals and across species, ranging from seconds to days.[1] An increased infusion of the hormone oxytocin during ejaculation is believed to be chiefly responsible for the refractory period and the amount by which oxytocin is increased may affect the length of each refractory period.

Short answer....everyone's different.
 DragonBits
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/11/2012 6:11:10 AM
I think around 1/2 hour, up to 5 times in 15 hours, but the refractory time keeps getting longer.

As far as how long I last, I haven't have a woman be able to make me orgasm if I didn't want to, but sometimes it has been a close call and shutting down an orgasm isn't always the best idea. When I was in my 20s I used to try to master self control and do various exercises to increase my performance. Breast stroke, cardio, abs, kegals. You could say sexual performance was an avocation.
 deerdog1
Msg: 52
Posted: 10/11/2012 6:17:25 AM
when I was younger I could last for maybe 15 minutes the first time and be ready to go again in about 10 minutes..now that im older I can last as long as I want to the first time ...all night if I need to... and thought the recovery time may be a little longer I have still been ready to go again before any woman I have been with was ..so you take your pick
 AstroCat505
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/11/2012 7:48:51 AM

re-arousal is completely dependant on how sexy/erotic/exciting the woman he's with is.

Bingo! I find that reload time is relative to how attractive my partner is, and how exciting and satisfying the first round was.
If I'm participating just for the sake of the moment with an average counterpart then the time inbetween will be greater than if I were giving my full college try to a partner who was smoking hot and had touched in all the right places to properly escalate the tension and arousal and was just as into the experience as I...
 InShapeAndToned56
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/11/2012 12:28:22 PM

IDK but I was seeing a guy that would stay hard the whole night and never wanted to cum until I was finished (and I mean completely finished as in me cumming several times). . I still wonder how common it is for a guy to be able to hold his cum like that? I can't even "hold my cum" like he could? Lol

I have no idea how common that is for other men, but that's the way I've always been. I'm pretty much satisfied with one orgasm and have no problem controlling my excitement during intercourse. Oral is a bit harder for me to control myself and a woman's hands make it virtually impossible for me to remain in control so I have to be careful in "those" two areas. I have no idea why I'm that way, and I don't care why either. As long as my partner is satisfied, so am I…
 DragonBits
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/11/2012 2:50:27 PM

After the first volley is fired (minus physical ability) a guy's re-arousal is completely dependant on how sexy/erotic/exciting the woman he's with is.

I would have to agree also.
 HowRJ
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/12/2012 8:37:55 AM
After I cum.......I'm usually good to go again after a trip to Hawaii.........
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >